IGNORED

Line up tombola gets harder or easier ?

1960maaan

Just been playing on https://www.buildlineup.com/ trying to see how I would play at Cardiff.
TBH I would not start Weimann after Wednesday, but I'm not sure it's the game for Yeboahs first start and I like Cornicks impact as a sub, so he's in by default. 
We are really light in MF, that means a kid starts or a bit of a juggle. I'd put TGH back to RB, Andi RMF and push Sykes inside.
For the least amount of disruption I'd risk Idehen starting. We don't have another LB if the rumours about Roberts are true , so it at least leaves Pring in his natural role. 
I didn't think TC looked great the other night, but if he's ok to start maybe he just needs minutes. 
So here we are.

Screenshot2023-10-27at09_18_07.png.a3832d36d4bc23703cfeef8f3ec0930e.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why change it so much after one and a half good performances. I think we will start the same as Wednesday with the only change being central defence. Idehan maybe or if Roberts is fit he plays left back and Pring moves inside.

The only changes from Wednesday to the above is Sykes/TGH swap. Ignore the positions as we know they are fluid to some extent. We seemed to be 4-1-4-1 , 4-5-1 & 4-3-3 at various stages Vs Ipswich.
My line up is assuming Roberts misses out, that probably leaves a straight choice between the young lad James or Idehen coming in . I'd go with Idehen on experience . 

My reasoning for moving Sykes inside, and I admit it could be a coin toss decision , is he gives a little more stability and attacking threat. I thought TGH did ok, though he did give away possession a few times , I just feel Sykes would add a little more presence .

23 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why change it so much after one and a half good performances. I think we will start the same as Wednesday with the only change being central defence. Idehan maybe or if Roberts is fit he plays left back and Pring moves inside.

Roberts has played a lot of his career at cb. That could be an option too if we'd rather have Pring at lb. Depends if Nige trusts him to play there tho.

But I'd rather Roberts at CB than Idehan tbh.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just been playing on https://www.buildlineup.com/ trying to see how I would play at Cardiff.
TBH I would not start Weimann after Wednesday, but I'm not sure it's the game for Yeboahs first start and I like Cornicks impact as a sub, so he's in by default. 
We are really light in MF, that means a kid starts or a bit of a juggle. I'd put TGH back to RB, Andi RMF and push Sykes inside.
For the least amount of disruption I'd risk Idehen starting. We don't have another LB if the rumours about Roberts are true , so it at least leaves Pring in his natural role. 
I didn't think TC looked great the other night, but if he's ok to start maybe he just needs minutes. 
So here we are.

I would personally swap Sykes and Weimann in your formation. I don't think we have ever really had much success playing Weimann out wide.

15 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

Are either of them good enough? What about Araoye(?) ?

Idehen would be ‘ahead’ of them because of first team exposure, but let himself down with off field stuff which is why he’s dropped out. I really, really rate Jamie and was expecting him to be blooded this season, Cardiff would be a baptism of fire though. 

Just now, FNQ said:

Not sure.. Nige had the opportunity to bring one of them on on Weds but didn’t.. perhaps young James at left back is considered less of a risk?

No chance for me, he’s a RB, and is only really on the bench as hes the only other fit full back we have at the club. Only 17, has hardly even been around the u21 squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

9 minutes ago, ooRya said:

I would personally swap Sykes and Weimann in your formation. I don't think we have ever really had much success playing Weimann out wide.

I think the recent form of Weimann and Bell and the options we have in have the forward positions is why some might “change it up”.

It’s a really tough selection problem for the front three, the rest of the team will pick itself pretty much.

If Roberts isn’t fit, I’d play Idehen at LCB and keep Pring at LB.

I’d love to change the front three to a “two and one” and play a more conventional MF3 behind them.  But whether Cardiff (a) is the right time I don’t know.  Conway needs a partner.

So WSM v2 is WCC (Weimann 10, Cornick and Conway), with TGH and JK either side of MJ and providing the legs to allow MJ to concentrate on screening Dickie and Idehen.

That sounds all “football-manager” but I think out of possession, Cornick and Conway can split the CBs and FBs and Weimann make the CBs go through the middle, into a more congested MF3.  I think both Weimann and Bell restricted the runs of Sykes and Pring respective, so I’m in favour of losing the side forwards.

But it’s a risk this weekend.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

We really are down to the bare bones now. 

I'm not sure I'd risk debuting youngsters at a local derby. 

I'd be tempted with...

_________________Max_________________

Sykes____James____Dickie_____Pring

____Cornick____TGH_____Mehmetti__

Weimann____Conway________Bell

That's not a bad starting 11 Spud but it leaves us very lightweight on the bench if we end up chasing the game. You're right though, it looks a very thin squad. 

54 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The only changes from Wednesday to the above is Sykes/TGH swap. Ignore the positions as we know they are fluid to some extent. We seemed to be 4-1-4-1 , 4-5-1 & 4-3-3 at various stages Vs Ipswich.
My line up is assuming Roberts misses out, that probably leaves a straight choice between the young lad James or Idehen coming in . I'd go with Idehen on experience . 

My reasoning for moving Sykes inside, and I admit it could be a coin toss decision , is he gives a little more stability and attacking threat. I thought TGH did ok, though he did give away possession a few times , I just feel Sykes would add a little more presence .

As we were ( cuz that’s all we got ) perhaps Harry for Tommy and idehen for king to keep pring wide so he can maraud forward , wiemanm very lucky to start but we have no one else , for someone with so much experience he doesn’t get in the game enough for me it just passes him by , he needs to get on the ball more and effect the game 

11 minutes ago, marmite said:

That's not a bad starting 11 Spud but it leaves us very lightweight on the bench if we end up chasing the game. You're right though, it looks a very thin squad. 

Exactly...bare bones.

The only other thing I'd consider, is leaving out Mehmetti.

Sticking TGH on left, with Matty James central.

And sticking young JJames at LB and Pring moved to CB.

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

We really are down to the bare bones now. 

I'm not sure I'd risk debuting youngsters at a local derby. 

I'd be tempted with...

_________________Max_________________

Sykes____James____Dickie_____Pring

____Cornick____TGH_____Mehmetti__

Weimann____Conway________Bell

I'm guessing you forgot Knight and didn't drop him :thumbsup:

That MF 3 looks very lightweight. Not sure about James at CB either , takes too much away from MF IMO.

I agree about preferring Conway with a partner @Davefevs , one of the reasons I thought Sykes in CMF could offer a chance to get forward to support him . Plus Knight and Sykes gives plenty of legs centrally.

Otherwise in a 4-1-3-2  we give Weimann & TC a chance together with Bell/Knight/TGH in supporting. 

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm guessing you forgot Knight and didn't drop him :thumbsup:

That MF 3 looks very lightweight. Not sure about James at CB either , takes too much away from MF IMO.

I agree about preferring Conway with a partner @Davefevs , one of the reasons I thought Sykes in CMF could offer a chance to get forward to support him . Plus Knight and Sykes gives plenty of legs centrally.

Otherwise in a 4-1-3-2  we give Weimann & TC a chance together with Bell/Knight/TGH in supporting. 

I thought Knight was injured?

If not, that's a totally different ball game 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

O'Leary

TGH, Dickie, Idehen/Knight-Lebel/Araoye, Pring

Sykes, James, Knight, Bell

Conway

Cornick 

4-5-1 with Conway playing in his best position just adrift of central striker. If Knight is injured, TGH to CM, Sykes to RB and Weimann into the team

Araoye hasn’t made the bench in a while, & has been playing LB for the 21s, no way he starts.

We basically have 2 choices; who partners Dickie at CB if Roberts is out & which 2 of Cornick, Bell & Weimann play up top with Conway.

I’d pick Idehen & put Bell on the bench.

O’Leary

Sykes Dickie Idehen Pring

TGH James Knight

Cornick Conway Weimann 

Edited by GrahamC

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Araoye hasn’t made the bench in a while, & has been playing LB for the 21s, no way he starts.

We basically have 2 choices; who partners Dickie at CB if Roberts is out & which 2 of Cornick, Bell & Weimann play up top with Conway.

I’d pick Idehen & put Bell on the bench.

O’Leary

Sykes Dickie Idehen Pring

TGH James Knight

Cornick Conway Weimann 

I’d go with this team with the exception of Conway…..think he needs a rest.

Play Cornick down the middle (his best position) and give Mehmeti a chance down the left with Andi on the right.

Think we need Pring and Sykes as they are, given that they have Meite and he’ll exploit any inexperience.

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

I’d go with this team with the exception of Conway…..think he needs a rest.

Play Cornick down the middle (his best position) and give Mehmeti a chance down the left with Andi on the right.

Think we need Pring and Sykes as they are, given that they have Meite and he’ll exploit any inexperience.

Respect your view on Conway but if that happens then Bell will start, not Mehmeti.

I’ve been racking my brains as many have and came to the same conclusion, it’ll have to be an academy player alongside Dickie. We can’t take James out of his midfield role, he’s too important, and I’d like to keep Pring at LB. If Roberts is fit, I’d put him alongside Dickie.

I think I’d stick with Skyes at RB as I’m enjoying TGH in midfield and Sykes positioning defensively has been sound. So I’m looking at (433):

O’Leary; Sykes, Dickie, Idehen, Pring; James, TGH, Knight; Weimann, Conway, Bell.

After tomorrow, we have a week before our next game, then another week before our next, then an international break. Perfect for us to allow some to come back. If we can start this thin run of fixtures with a Severnside win, that would be amazing and a credit to the lads who go out there tomorrow. COYR.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So here we are.

Conway cannot play in that position. Must be Cornick up front with Conway in for Bell

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Zak is in the training video just released on twitter.

Nige said in his press conference that he was hopeful he could be available next weekend, it seems unlikely he’d be involved tomorrow but we are struggling for numbers. Sort who would play if asked.

Rob Atkinson is likely to feature for the 21s very soon too, if we can just get through to the next international break picking up some more points then reinforcements are coming.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Nige said in his press conference that he was hopeful he could be available next weekend, it seems unlikely he’d be involved tomorrow but we are struggling for numbers. Sort who would play if asked.

Rob Atkinson is likely to feature for the 21s very soon too, if we can just get through to the next international break picking up some more points then reinforcements are coming.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zak involved tomorrow personally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zak involved tomorrow personally.

He’s certainly not someone who misses many games & is naturally very fit.

If he was, our defensive options suddenly look brighter, just need Tanner back then.