IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I know people will accuse me of ridiculous overreaction, and maybe that’s fair, but…

Is our season already over? Just can’t see us competing for the top 6 with these injuries. But don’t really think we have to worry about relegation either. 

Pretty much yeh.

I thought the first half today has been ok considering we've put out an U23s XI. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm pretty confident that we're not going up and not going down, which was my pre-season expectation anyway. I guess the positive is that young players are getting lots of Championship gametime which will be good for their development 

I've got to the stage though if we get a good player coming through I now think how long will they be with us? sadly.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mozo said:

I'm pretty confident that we're not going up and not going down, which was my pre-season expectation anyway. I guess the positive is that young players are getting lots of Championship gametime which will be good for their development 

Sensible post

If we aren’t in a position to mount a serious promotion or play offs shot , which we aren’t IMHO , even injury free , and we steer clear of relegation , then it matters little to me whether we finish 10th , 14th, 16th or whatever - it’s more about ‘Are we looking healthier and building something’ for me

Young players getting a chance , and experience , some of the younger promising players a year older , and should be a year on in their development , another year to shape the squad (If SL doesn’t stab NP) 

🔴⚪🔴

• Like 2

I am sorry but you cannot expect any different results by fielding a sub championship capable team week after week… it’s not fair on the players, manager and definitely not us fans… absolutely ridiculous situation… really surprised Nige is still hanging about… maybe waiting for the sack based on results.. be an interesting read when he has his say… £40m sales in players replaced by youth not to it.. a few players league 1 standard… 

• Like 2

So far we're containing them okay, apart from that lapse for the goal.

Its just our passing in the final third that's been poor apart from the interplay between Sykes-Mehmeti-Bell, with a good whipped cross to Cornick at the near post which was well defended.

Is Méïté up to his 27th foul without a yellow card? I've lost count.