IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

What is it you don't understand about 'not being able to spend the cash to bring in higher class players'?

Didn’t realise Preston spent chunks, Ipswich have a centre midfield partnerships of Luongo and Morsey yet are second, Sunderland have a load of kids…..these are very well coached, we are not, based on what I’ve seen.

• Haha 1
Just now, Champs said:

I think you’re coming at it from a strange perspective, after 3+ years we are now in a position where we are now sneaking points and not being ‘well beaten’. From my perspective I think we should be further in the progression journey than we are, and I think it was evident from the first game of against Preston that breaking down sides was/is a concern this season……injuries or not.

Not really, the 1st 12-18 months essentially getting rid of the deadwood, then a complete rebuild with periodically the risk of an FFP issue, then having the proverbial rug pulled by a key transfer out, Semenyo last season then Scott at the start of this, but without all of those funds being put back into the team. I’m not sure how many managers would have accepted the gig in the first place and then stuck around (for the moment) to continue. Are we collectively where we want to be? No, and I suspect that view is shared across the club from board to fans, are we where we should be given the starting point of his tenure, then arguably yes.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
Just now, bexhill reds said:

Not really, the 1st 12-18 months essentially getting rid of the deadwood, then a complete rebuild with periodically the risk of an FFP issue, then having the proverbial rug pulled by a key transfer out, Semenyo last season then Scott at the start of this, but without all of those funds being put back into the team. I’m not sure how many managers would have accepted the gig in the first place and then stuck around (for the moment) to continue. Are we collectively where we want to be? No, and I suspect that view is shared across the club from board to fans, are we where we should be given the starting point of his tenure, then arguably yes.

The sales of Scott and Semenyo and then lack of quality incomings is why I still have sympathy for Pearson. Replacing 2 Rolls Royces with a couple of Volvos and a Skoda is never going to support our progression, but I guess that’s the way it is. I still think we should be doing better with our resources, especially at the top end of the pitch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

In fairness to @ChippenhamRed I'm not sure that's how football support works is it? We're all stuck with City. I'm a season ticket holder and on most of the occasions I've been able to get the the Gate in recent years I'd happily have settled for 'dull' over 'frustrated as hell'.

Thanks - see also my reply above.

Certainly plenty of frustrating times as well as dull ones. But overall, these are all negatives emotions. I’m just so sick of supporting such a meh club. Having just turned 40, I can’t help but reflect on how little the club has given me back for my support over the years, compared to so many of my same-age friends of other clubs - and I don’t just mean Premier League ones. As anyone with half a brain understands (not a dig at you to be clear), this doesn’t make me less of a fan - it shows how much it means to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

So with the exception of starting Conway instead of Bell or Cornick and perhaps Knight-Lebel instead of Jones what could we have done that didn’t involve multiple positional changes today? Perhaps put in Idehen instead of Jones and played Pring left back? We’re not talking about changes that would make a massive difference tbh. Whatever you did we are left with a sub-standard starting eleven due to a huge injury crisis that we seem to be a bit in the dark about.

Another poster , who has suddenly (re) joined (2 hrs ago) and straight into the moaning and whining

Hmmmm 

They are crawling out aren’t they !

33 minutes ago, Champs said:

Didn’t realise Preston spent chunks, Ipswich have a centre midfield partnerships of Luongo and Morsey yet are second, Sunderland have a load of kids…..these are very well coached, we are not, based on what I’ve seen.

Hi Londoner , Dog , Gabriella 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
1 hour ago, lenred said:

Finally managed to get on the train after being kettled like an animal outside the station for well over an hour.  And the less said about the shit show at the stadium with the stewarding the better.   But anyway, enough of the tiny violin!
I can’t believe some of the deluded comments on here again tonight.   What did people actually expect today with our threadbare squad?  To smash them? We played well second half and could’ve and maybe should’ve come away with a point.   It was a good display in really trying circumstances. Get behind the team! 

What happened at the train station?

I live in Cardiff and waited 45 mins to walk down Sloper Road before I eventually gave up and walked round the long way. Sounds like Cardiff fans were kept waiting to walk down Sloper Road for over an hour after the game and I wondered if delays getting City fans on the train at Cardiff Central was why

3 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

What happened at the train station?

I live in Cardiff and waited 45 mins to walk down Sloper Road before I eventually gave up and walked round the long way. Sounds like Cardiff fans were kept waiting to walk down Sloper Road for over an hour after the game and I wondered if delays getting City fans on the train at Cardiff Central was why

Usual Cop ineptness. Hundreds of City fans left as the second goal went in, to get away from the area quickly. The Cop shiteshow held everyone for 20 minutes meaning that by now the whole stadium had emptied. Instead of a quick 5 minute walk to the car and quick exit while the roads were empty I was sat in a Gert big traffic jam on sloper road for 30 minutes. Mindless.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Usual Cop ineptness. Hundreds of City fans left as the second goal went in, to get away from the area quickly. The Cop shiteshow held everyone for 20 minutes meaning that by now the whole stadium had emptied. Instead of a quick 5 minute walk to the car and quick exit while the roads were empty I was sat in a Gert big traffic jam on sloper road for 30 minutes. Mindless.

Sounds like we were lucky.
We got out as the OB formed their cordon , a few families were let through but it was , mainly families. Then an Officer came up to me and said "you don't look as though you want to be here". I explained I'm old and grumpy and of course we didn't want to be there. He let us through, which meant we caught the early train and I was at Temple Meades by 6:20.  The train was still rammed, hate to think what the next one was like. They said there was a 5:52 special, that was cancelled, and then it was a regular one at about 6:00 I think. 

11 hours ago, spudski said:

When I see how depleted we are, and how many young Ens are going to be involved, it reminds me of the Terry Cooper days. 

Backs to the wall mentality. 

Even if we do get our arses kicked, from the first minute we need full on encouragement from the fans. 

Get behind the lads. 

No moaning...just full on loud support. 

COYRs ❤️❤️❤️

Its terrible isn't it, I wasn't even there but I thought we were past all that…it's really sad. For Nige and the squad.

What happened at the station was an absolute disgrace & serious questions should be asked of South Wales police, both the legality of penning us in for over 1 hour out in the rain & commanding officers judgement in deeming it safe to pen us against a wall and crash barriers which were tight against riot vans.

You could argue this was a manufactured situation....

Eventually the inevitable happened and the mass pushing and crushing happened - i saw young children and women squashed against the barriers in tears.

Turns out our train was waiting on the platform after all.

I wonder had it not kicked off when it did if we'd still be waiting & the police waiting for the kick off & our train waiting idly by.

Once ppl had rushed into the station we had to run the gauntlet of police spraying gas all over the place, batons flying and city fans fighting amongst themselves.

Saw one teen get a glass bottle to the face only to then turn and be pepper sprayed right in the eyes, he was on my carriage on train home, in a terrible state.

Edited by RobImps
2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks - see also my reply above.

Certainly plenty of frustrating times as well as dull ones. But overall, these are all negatives emotions. I’m just so sick of supporting such a meh club. Having just turned 40, I can’t help but reflect on how little the club has given me back for my support over the years, compared to so many of my same-age friends of other clubs - and I don’t just mean Premier League ones. As anyone with half a brain understands (not a dig at you to be clear), this doesn’t make me less of a fan - it shows how much it means to me.

No need to explain your frustrations, look I'm 67 the last time we were in the top flight I was 16 years younger than you are now, just let that sink, in I have been collecting my pension now for well over 18 months so for all the posters on here that keep saying give Nige time he will get it right I have heard it all before the younger posters on here have no idea what it feels like to be told better times are ahead just be patient I hope you are because barring some sort of miracle you will be posting the same sort of replies I am in 40 years time. 

• Robin 1