IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Well we've heard a lot about how our team are so much fitter than when Rolls was here, but we've had injury crises ever since. Are we cursed or is something not right?

It doesn't make sense does it? Is it the training ground, the training itself, the AG pitch or are we signing injury prone players? It's every single season and it is ******* our season up every time.

• Like 2

Decision making on the ball been so so bad today.

One chance from a corner and getting caught out by a nice bit of skill when we're throwing a lot forward, I'm not going to whinge about that.

We either took too long on the ball and invited pressure or didn't play the simple forward pass into areas with space and got pressed when we played the ball back.

And we had a few chances too, on the ball we weren't clever enough or played with enough purpose to get at them.

• Like 2

Max has to come for their first goal; anything in the six-yard box from a set piece should be keeper’s. The second’s another soft goal which Cornick or Knight should’ve stopped. 

2-0 defeat was better than I expected before kick-off. Pray we get a few off the treatment table for next week, which we simply must win. The sad fact, again, is our first XI probably wins that today. 

Edited by tin

Proud of that performance, given our makeshift side.

IMO 2-0 flattered them.

Bizarrely, given our threadbare defence, I think it was our attack which let us down today, despite lots of decent possession and approach play we never really looked like scoring.

The Red Army were loud and proud too!

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
11 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

2-0

16th and 5pts off Playoffs. 9pts off drop zone, but that's thanks to 3 seriously awful teams 4pts ahead of 21st. 

Need a win next weekend, or I think the board may act. 

The “board” - i.e. Steve Lansdown” - may act but what will a new manager get? A bare bones squad of players with half of them injured and no money to spend. Unless, of course, SL suddenly realises the dire state of the squad and finds some lose change down the back of the sofa 

Edited by pongo88
1 minute ago, 2015 said:

It doesn't make sense does it? Is it the training ground, the training itself, the AG pitch or are we signing injury prone players? It's every single season and it is ******* our season up every time.

You can’t have the number of injuries we have every season and put it down to luck. There has to be an underlying reason. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, tin said:

Max has to come for their first goal; anything in the six-yard box from a set piece should be keeper’s. The second’s another soft goal which Cornick or Knight should’ve stopped. 

2-0 defeat was better than I was expecting before kick-off. Pray we get a few off the treatment table for next week, which we simply must win. 

Oh, i thought he was better than Bentley at that?! Costs us so many points. 
I will be astonished if we dont go looking for an experienced GK in January. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

You tried to polish a lorry load when Johnson Jnr was in charge

Yes - you're right in that I enjoyed being genuinely closer to the play offs for a couple of seasons and the best cup run and victory in my entire years of support. 

Thing is- we were better then than we are now.  That is no dig at Nige, it's just a statistical fact.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Cardy said:

This.
We are a joke of a club at the most senior levels & Nige is quite simply a sitting duck.

Lansdown’s games could end up taking us down & he would deserve nothing more.

Tbf I don't think he gives that much of a shit. He's completely lost interest in it. The only losers here are the fans tbh, everyone on the staff picks up their money every month, albeit I am sure they would like the tools to do better, we are the ones who have to swallow the results of our owner's complete indifference to the football side of his operation.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Bunch ?

Yep.

Joseph James 17, Yeboah 17, Knight-Lebel 19, Bell 20, Conway 20, TGH 21, Mehmeti 22.

That’s not even including Nelson 17, Backwell 20 or Idehen 21 who didn’t get on the pitch today.

Not exactly ******* pensioners, are they?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2
1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

We are our own worst enemy passes either over hit or under hit or we give the ball to the opposition cheaply and they get us on the turn over we have a serious lack of quality can't fault the players for there efforts but lansdown continues to build his nest egg and refuse to sign anyone other than players winding down there careers or lower leauge player that simply aren't good enough then make the rest up with U18s it's stinks down there and the sooner lansdone and his son leaves this will never change completely clueless the pair of them

committed, energetic performance where we dominated the 2nd half, could have had a penalty and on another day would have taken a point. Given absences that's a testament to the squad and to Nige...a loss today certainly no disgrace - 6 points from the next two games would see us in a healthy position going in to a much needed break. Will leave OTIB alone until then as the negativity from many is something I really can do without.

• Like 1
Just now, sludge said:

You can’t have the number of injuries we have every season and put it down to luck. There has to be an underlying reason. 

This is something I've often wondered. We always seem to have a lot of players injured, carrying knocks, needing operations. Are we just that unlucky, or are we doing too much in training. I always remember every season, we always seem to report, we are very fit and wont want for fitness, maybe we push our players too much and training is too intense? But it does feel like we always have a lot of injuries. 

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes - you're right in that I enjoyed being genuinely closer to the play offs for a couple of seasons and the best cup run and victory in my entire years of support. 

Thing is- we were better then than we are now.  That is no dig at Nige, it's just a statistical fact.

Were we better £ for £?

Just now, megansdad said:

committed, energetic performance where we dominated the 2nd half, could have had a penalty and on another day would have taken a point. Given absences that's a testament to the squad and to Nige...a loss today certainly no disgrace - 6 points from the next two games would see us in a healthy position going in to a much needed break. Will leave OTIB alone until then as the negativity from many is something I really can do without.

Sheff Wed and QPR next, if we can’t beat those two then I fear change is afoot 

Just now, nickolas said:

Oh, i thought he was better than Bentley at that?! Costs us so many points. 
I will be astonished if we dont go looking for an experienced GK in January. 

I’m sure we’ve got a list of targets already, but there won’t be anything anyone can do about it unless SL loosens the purse strings. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Yep.

Joseph James 17, Yeboah 17, Knight-Lebel 19, Bell 20, Conway 20, TGH 21, Mehmeti 22.

That’s not even including Nelson 17, Backwell 20 or Idehen 21 who didn’t get on the pitch today.

Not exactly ******* pensioners, are they?

@Marina's Rolls Royce How are you “confused”?

Ages are factual, however much you dislike facts.

Injuries and fatigue are clearly going to be massive factors today, no doubt, so I won't be too critical.

Despite that thought we actually acquitted ourselves pretty damn well - better than vs. Ipswich - and it's another de-ja-vu feeling of we wouldn't have lost that game with a full (well fuller) squad.

A few of the more 'senior' players stepped up IMO, Dickie, Knight and TGH (yes had a few moments in possession but he passed and moved and quarterbacked excellently considering) Cornick put in a shift, Sykes out of position had moments. 

Disappointed with the levels of some others today.

Ironically James/Williams out meant TGH and Knight deeper and I thought Knight had his best game there, and TGH very good on the whole. Mehmeti didn't disgrace himself centrally. Knight-Lebel looked the better option if we're still needing the U23's to cover our depleted squad. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tin said:

Max has to come for their first goal; anything in the six-yard box from a set piece should be keeper’s.

Although I'm generally happy with Max, he just has to have meaningful competition - and if that means paying for an experienced loan keeper to come, the case must be made.

Bajic seems only to be here to cover for injury or suspension for Max - not to provide an alternative.

Keeper is a strange position, and there are usually a few decent and experienced ones sitting about at clubs waiting their chance.

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not gonna judge on this game as we really were decimated by injuries, however .......

If Bell, Yeboah and Weimann are in squads when most of our player return then Pearson will have serious question against him

Likewise if he doesn't at least try and sign a decent keeper, because the one we have is no where near this level 

Would that be bell our top scorer?

• Robin 1
  • Facepalm 1