IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Oh, i thought he was better than Bentley at that?! Costs us so many points. 
I will be astonished if we dont go looking for an experienced GK in January. 

Completely agree. I can't believe how relatively little criticism he gets on here. He's a reasonable keeper, but he's not top 6 Championship level and does indeed cost us too many important goals. A new, experienced goalkeeper is a must, if nothing else to be good challenge for him. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

We are what we are, I'm just fed up with this rain!!

We'll never be premier league, top half of championship. More likely to float between champ and L1 for the next decade. 

This. City will never get to the PL under Lansdown. Let’s just face it all. Apart from a nice stadium and training ground which constantly causes injuries what do we have to really show for the last 20 years! 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes - you're right in that I enjoyed being genuinely closer to the play offs for a couple of seasons and the best cup run and victory in my entire years of support. 

Thing is- we were better then than we are now.  That is no dig at Nige, it's just a statistical fact.

Better off in what way? Knocking on the door of financial fair play? Future stability? NP is proving one thing, SL is just upset he couldn’t make it work for his play thing. 

To say we’re better off then than we are now is like saying Antony Joshua used to be better 5 years ago after he’s been taking heroin and crack for 5 years. Absolute nonsense comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Just now, One Team said:

Completely agree. I can't believe how relatively little criticism he gets on here. He's a reasonable keeper, but he's top 6 Championship level and does indeed cost us too many important goals. A new, experienced goalkeeper is a must, if nothing else to be good challenge for him. 

He’s a good lad clearly but he’s not commanding enough for this level. He has cost us more points than most this season. 

1 minute ago, BS2Boy said:

Worth noting that a number of those players today are Pearson signings. Cornick and Mehmeti are supposed to be better than what we already had.

Well ultimately they're the club as a whole signings, because NP can only bring in what he can on the budgets the club sets...so....

11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Don't think so. Skip ahead to approx 23 seconds on the link below - the shot rather goes through him.

Not a massive blunder, but I think a Championship GK would typically hope to do better there

Incredibly surprised to see that someone has decided to 'confused' react to this.

I'm sure they'll come to their senses and remove such a strange reaction to an extremely uncontroversial post fairly soon......

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Completely agree. I can't believe how relatively little criticism he gets on here. He's a reasonable keeper, but he's not top 6 Championship level and does indeed cost us too many important goals. A new, experienced goalkeeper is a must, if nothing else to be good challenge for him. 

Academy!!!! Just because you’re academy shouldnt absolve criticism. But hes got it easy. Hes never being dropped as we literally have noone else. 
Boils my piss that he can be considered good enough. 

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

They said they wanted to work with smaller squads but did they have any choice?

I would say yes as neither wanted to work with squad sizes where players are their just to make up the numbers with no chance of playing and spend their match days sat in the stands. 

Camaraderie of the squad was important to both.

The squad is so decimated that we've gone beyond the bare-bones stage.

I'm just glad we haven't been hammered and embarrassed in the last three games. But, if this continues, I fear a hammering is inevitable.

However, I don't blame Pearson or the players. Most are doing their best in sh*t circumstances.

The blame for where we find ourselves sits firmly with the Lansdowns.

• Like 14
  • Robin 1
7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes - you're right in that I enjoyed being genuinely closer to the play offs for a couple of seasons and the best cup run and victory in my entire years of support. 

Thing is- we were better then than we are now.  That is no dig at Nige, it's just a statistical fact.

You weren’t supporting us when we reached the same stage of that competition under Jordan then? Or when we beat Liverpool away in the fa cup?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Where do all these injuries come from? Naismith and Williams both go down on the Int Break. It’s bizzare. It had to be something to do with pitches. 

I asked on here whether that might be an issue but got shouted down by many. Whatever it is, every injury we get seems to be more than a minor knock, there are far too many muscle injuries that seem to take 4-12 weeks recovery time (then add two or three weeks before players are close to match sharp again). I can't believe that the medical staff don't have an idea of what the problem might be. It's too many players getting similar injuries too many times to be remotely down to bad luck imo.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, One Team said:

And just who is going to pay for this because SL won't.

Such a shame, yet so very predictable, and No surprise to me.....if our cobbled together side, with 8 first teamers missing is unlikely to perform, or even score?   I might as well make a profit?, My bet of 1-0 ,  2-0 made me a tidy sum.   I feel so sorry for the loyal away supporters, having to spend good money to  watch this.  However once we get back some of our injured, and Uncle Steve releases some funds in Jan??, and if he does, I will be back betting on our boys as we climb the table?

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

And what about Dickie, sykes, knight? Conway and bell who’ve been blooded by pearson?

It’s a bizarre claim.

As one of our players said this week, we have reduced our wage bill from £30m under LJ to £17m under Pearson because the owner won’t spend any money & some on here are trying to claim like for like.

Cornick replaced Chris Martin who is past his best & playing in L1, does that poster seriously think he’s the better bet now?

I didn’t read many complaints when we brought Mehmeti in & FWIW, I thought he did ok today.

Doesn’t fit the narrative though.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

We have just let a goal in, who can I blame? Some on here always say Max (even like the 2nd when it is hammered past him from close range), Cornick? Usually.

Vyner? No longer.

Or a left field one like TGH, who has been decent.

FFS.

Perhaps our absent owner might like to say something, the injury situation is poor but he’s worse.

To be fair Graham, this has to be an opportunity to pick out who we're tye better players and the least good players were. You can't be sensitive to every criticism, unless you believe that every player has been flawless all season, in which case I wish I lived in that alternative universe!

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

He’s average. The error rate is too high for me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Academy!!!! Just because you’re academy shouldnt absolve criticism. But hes got it easy. Hes never being dropped as we literally have noone else. 
Boils my piss that he can be considered good enough. 

Nor sure I am quite that strong about it but I get your points. Had we signed him a year or two ago then perhaps the fans views would be different. 

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This. City will never get to the PL under Lansdown. Let’s just face it all. Apart from a nice stadium and training ground which constantly causes injuries what do we have to really show for the last 20 years! 

**** all! Lansdown has to go, Not Nige P. What difference does changing the manager make?
Lance the boil which is Lansdown.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Proud of that performance, given our makeshift side.

IMO 2-0 flattered them.

Bizarrely, given our threadbare defence, I think it was our attack which let us down today, despite lots of decent possession and approach play we never really looked like scoring.

The Red Army were loud and proud too!

I just can't see where the goals are coming from. For all the decent play today we never looked like scoring from open play.