IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

• Admin
Just now, old_eastender said:

FT 2-0, scores flatters Cardiff. 

We played well 2nd half, lost our way a bit after Mehmeti was subbed off (should have been Weimann). Mehmeti looked decent in a more central role.

Shout out for J.James and J.K. Lebel, both did pretty well on their debuts.

Didn't deserve that 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

2-0

16th and 5pts off Playoffs. 9pts off drop zone, but that's thanks to 3 seriously awful teams 4pts ahead of 21st. 

Need a win next weekend, or I think the board may act. 

And what would a new manager do differently with all of SL's restrictions and the existing injuries?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Our fixtures to Christmas are not too frightening. I think we will do ok. I also think that SL is simply waiting for an opportunity to get shot of NP. Anything below par may well see us entering the new year with a young, bright managerial prospect and a £10m kitty to spend in January. Personally, I’m hoping for a steady, quiet few months.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

No real surprise. That team today would have struggled against a League 1 side today. A really hard watch that. Never looked like we were going to score. 

We HAVE to sort this injury problem we get every single season at City.

Well we've heard a lot about how our team are so much fitter than when Rolls was here, but we've had injury crises ever since. Are we cursed or is something not right?

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Harsh to suggest Max might have done better? Maybe. Maybe not. 

Don't think so. Skip ahead to approx 23 seconds on the link below - the shot rather goes through him.

Not a massive blunder, but I think a Championship GK would typically hope to do better there

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

• Confused 1

Not gonna judge on this game as we really were decimated by injuries, however .......

If Bell, Yeboah and Weimann are in squads when most of our player return then Pearson will have serious question against him

Likewise if he doesn't at least try and sign a decent keeper, because the one we have is no where near this level 

• Hmmm 1
Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Don't think so. Skip ahead to approx 23 seconds on the link below - the shot rather goes through him.

Not a massive blunder, but I think a Championship GK would typically hope to do better there

Max isn’t good enough. No need to debate ur anymore. We are stuck with him and as much as I am a Nigel supporter he got his one wrong. We needed a keeper. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Harsh to suggest Max might have done better? Maybe. Maybe not. 

It’s tricky because it was hit hard and he made himself big… but he almost would have saved it if he stayed still. Bit harsh maybe but every week atm he seems to be brought up about a goal and that can’t be a coincidence. Doesn’t have much of a presence and doesn’t fill me with much confidence I have to say. Also his distribution has been shocking recently in my opinion. 

Was great against Leicester the other week so he has it in him. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Ah good, it's TGH's turn this time.

He was possibly our best player the other night, but you lads crack on because I know you have to have one.

100%.

We have just let a goal in, who can I blame? Some on here always say Max (even like the 2nd when it is hammered past him from close range), Cornick? Usually.

Vyner? No longer.

Or a left field one like TGH, who has been decent.

FFS.

Perhaps our absent owner might like to say something, the injury situation is poor but he’s worse.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

FT 2-0, scores flatters Cardiff. 

We played well 2nd half, lost our way a bit after Mehmeti was subbed off (should have been Weimann). Mehmeti looked decent in a more central role.

Shout out for J.James and J.K. Lebel, both did pretty well on their debuts.

Didn’t even realise Weimann was playing today, completely anonymous again. 

• Like 1