IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

If promotion was really the ambition of the club, then why setup a budget for basic survival?

Its not as if there is any confidence that this board is capable of finding a replacement. I for one am not getting my hopes up. Track record of "exhaustive searches" is pretty shite with the exception of Nige. 

I for one will really miss him. 

Stevo 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, WayOutWest said:

If promotion was really the ambition of the club, then why setup a budget for basic survival?

Its not as if there is any confidence that this board is capable of finding a replacement. I for one am not getting my hopes up. Track record of "exhaustive searches" is pretty shite with the exception of Nige. 

I for one will really miss him. 

Stevo 

This is why JL's statement is a joke. Who is better than NP to get promotion to the Premier League?

I doubt whoever they replace with won't have a CV like Pearson's. 

• Like 2

Do you know what? I think I might be done with this club for a while.

I live an hour and a half away, in Maidenhead, and the distance usually makes things easier to rationalise.

But there’s nothing rational about this. What “recent results”? A 0-1 home defeat to an Ipswich side who’ve had the second best ever start to a Championship season, where we were probably worth a point?

A 2-0 away defeat when we only had 12 fit players and had to name 2 GKs on the bench?

Before that, we beat Coventry, Rotherham and Plymouth whilst losing to Leeds, Leicester and Stoke. Only the Stoke result can be considered as a surprise or disappointment.

I’ve felt we’ve put up a fight in every game this season, despite being able to name a full eleven of injured players.

The youngsters have been promoted in a way I’ve never seen before. The football clearly had a style and a plan, to be a high-pressing counter-attacking side. The wage bill had been cut. We’d performed well despite selling key players.

The board could really not ask for anything more from a manager and they’ve been itching to do this for weeks. It stinks.

I hope, for the club’s sake, there’s someone lined up and a decision is made in the next week or so. If there’s not one standout candidate, then at least a shortlist ready to go.

Eustace, Rowett, Beale and even Ainsworth should be brought in for an interview, then take your pick from there.

I fear they’ll make a run at Lansdown’s wet dream of Mark Robins. One last splash with him before SL sails into the distance.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, George Rs said:

Sat here speechless. How such a successful business man can continue to make such awful decisions stuns me. 

Got no clue where we go from here. Could clearly see the players were all behind the manager in these very tough past few games. Dread to think what could happen now.

I'm sure they are as bewildered & sickened as many of us are,myself included - and the players are a very tight group.

Hard to read how they will respond.

1 minute ago, One Team said:

This is why JL's statement is a joke. Who is better than NP to get promotion to the Premier League?

I doubt whoever they replace with won't have a CV like Pearson's. 

I wasn't really looking at promotion as a realistic target. This squad is limited I think we can all agree. Midtable obscurity is what the budget they set would achieve. To think that this team would achieve more is madness. 

It feels like they are just crossing their fingers for a run of unbelievable luck to sneak into the playoffs rather than having a finacial plan to back Nige adequately. 

Madness to suggest anything else. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

Gutted. Was a big fan of Nige personally and admired the job he's done in the circumstances. 

I've been saying for a while it might be the man who comes in after Nige who benefits from his work... pressure on the Lansdown's to get his successor right. I'm not holding my breath. 

They can shove "their" club...

Not remotely interested in whom they now wheel out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

I'm sure they are as bewildered & sickened as many of us are,myself included - and the players are a very tight group.

Hard to read how they will respond.

Great point, hadn't even considered the players reaction until now. They all seemed a tight group to me and loyal to NP. 

• Like 3

Conveniently for the owners we have had a load of injuries and so lost 5 in 7 (two of which were Leicester and Leeds so hardly surprising given their budgets) so they can say that’s the reason for the decision and of course ensure that they act before players come back and Pearson turns our form around again. They can’t seriously expect us to be sitting in the top 6 at present. They clearly wanted him out come what may. Within the smoke and mirrors we also have the CEO leaving abruptly and Pearson’s health situation and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were connected to the decision. Sorry to see him go given how he has turned the club around.

• Like 1

The sad thing is I am not even surprised. The board have wanted Pearson out for a year. Just been running down his contract and looking for an excuse. Incredibly spineless. I have been prepared to give Steve some credit until now. But he has lost it now. The club is toxic while he is the owner. Just go Steve. Just go. 

• Like 6

Really disappointed by this decision. Pearson has done a cracking job. He saved us from a points deduction and relegation. We couldn’t even win a corner when he arrived, we play some great stuff now and we play as a team!! 

He got rid of all the overpaid crap from the previous manager. Brought through so many exciting youngsters. Didn’t waste money on developing other clubs players either or panic buy.

We have Sheffield Wednesday and QPR to come both winnable which would have put us back into contention.

Not sure what else Pearson could have done.

This is the worse decision the Lansdowns have made by a Mile. I’m in shock….

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2