IGNORED

Lansdowns AND Tinnion out!

Shauntaylor85

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome back @BigAl&Toby.

Yep, you and @Ivorguy have always given a different perspective, that has made me think further.

I’m just waiting for SL to write off £200m as a goodwill / love City gesture.

@Davefevs as Mr Glitter once said it’s good to be back. Or was that a Gallagher?

Either way I couldn’t stand by and not repeat what I’ve said before - and been laughed at.

The Lansdowns have ruined Bristol City. He only had one thing on his mind. Making more money to fly off with to his Channel Island haven.

Or spend on ******* elephants.

Oh for the good old days. When Ashton Gate was just a football stadium, and when the only extras were Billy Graham and the Rolling Stones….. 😃

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

That's it for me.   Fan since the sixties,  been with them up to the old first division and down to the fourth.     Was raised  a stone's throw from Ashton Gate.   John Galley came to a mate's birthday party when I was a lad.    Don't live in UK much now but watch on Robins TV.

I've hated the whole Bristol Sport era.   It has nothing whatsoever to do with Bristol City.    

The football over so many years now has been so disappointing.  The Holden appointment was a disaster.   Nigel Pearson has done a good job given the total mess he inherited.   Having steadied the ship, he has won the respect of the fans and, given the injury problems, the performances have not been as bad as they used to be.    If he had been allowed to re-invest, we would certainly have been competing at the top end of the table.   Even with this squad fully fit, we would surely be there or thereabouts.   I really had hope.

So I don't care if he's got Pep Guardiola lined up to take over,   I'll no longer call myself a fan until the Landsdowns are gone.     They've behaved despicably toward Pearson and treated fans with contempt.   They are incapable of making big footballing decisions.  They are only interested in their own empire which no longer has much to do with football.

• Like 11
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome back @BigAl&Toby.

Yep, you and @Ivorguy have always given a different perspective, that has made me think further.

I’m just waiting for SL to write off £200m as a goodwill / love City gesture.

Dave, on one of the other threads you mentioned a few things about Tinnion, his promotion and his yearning to have more academy players, etc. I have nothing but a cynical suspicion and no grounds to back it up, however what if his obsession with getting more from the academy led to him and his decision not to spend the Scott money and not SL in the first place? As Technical Director surely he would be in a strong place of influence. As said I have no axe to grind and am not mischief making, just providing another angle to consider.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I mean the kit man stays throughout every manager reign too! 

Quite. Another messiah.

I’d get rid of him too. Kept on for what? Being able to flick the ball up with his Adidas boots on into a net bag?

Needs a full shake up. Top to bottom.

Anyone see the Silver on MOTD? Sold? For what?

Oh yes. Many will say FFP and to balance the books of previous overspending and wasted cash.

Thank **** Lansdown isn’t managing my pension funds…..

• Flames 3

1 minute ago, Coupon said:

Dave, on one of the other threads you mentioned a few things about Tinnion, his promotion and his yearning to have more academy players, etc. I have nothing but a cynical suspicion and no grounds to back it up, however what if his obsession with getting more from the academy led to him and his decision not to spend the Scott money and not SL in the first place? As Technical Director surely he would be in a strong place of influence. As said I have no axe to grind and am not mischief making, just providing another angle to consider.

I cant think that tinnion holds that sort of power at the club,, he’s presumably making a pretty nice living at the club, and i have no doubt as to his affection for it… whether he has the experience to do that job in the championship is another discussion though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coupon said:

Good angle. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Condolences to @David Brent@GrahamC@Sheltons Army@steviestevieneville

You may find that BCFC rise again and it's not the end of the world.

It seemed like it when Joe went to Hearts but, hey ho, onwards and upwards.

Well you were chief instigator in his character assassination . You’re a ******* snake . Don’t message me again 

• Confused 1
  • Flames 5

2 hours ago, Coupon said:

It would certainly be a strange move to try and undermine a manager who has probably given more academy products a chance in the first team than possibly any other manager in 20 plus years if your ambition is to see academy products in the first team.

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Rename the stand when he’s gone? Too strong perhaps but I, like many of you, are bloody furious this evening. 

I would 100% back this. There have been many apologists for the Lansdowns over the years, myself included. But this decision today will be the draw that breaks the camels back for many of those apologists. It certainly is for me.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Time is up for the Lansdowns. They are utterless clueless, lack any class, know jack shit about football after more than two decades, egotistical, incompetent, inept and arrogant.

I’ve had enough of their deluded footballing decisions, fake ambition, the contempt with which they treat the fans, abysmal lack of communication, and they can shove their nest egg up their arses. 

Very obvious parallels, on a much smaller scale, with the Glazers.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SuperRed said:

Tinnion has been empowered by Lansdown to run the entire football side of club despite having no credentials to do so. Expect a young “head coach” to join the cosy club where the key is to never employ anyone who might pose a threat or deliver a few home truths due to their superior knowledge and experience 

As much as I hate the decision today, I hate the ire being directed at Tinns even more. Man is a legend and doing an incredible job. Attacks on him by association are ridiculous. 

Peversely, if the decision was actually Tinns wanting a HC he could work with, at least it would make some footballing sense and I could start to get behind it. But I don't think that is what has happened here at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I’m not going to go all in on Tinnion regarding this decision, as it will have been SL’s don’t be in any doubt  - but I have been quietly surprised at his gradual promotions up the ladder to positions that I’m not sure his experience, talent or ability is quite qualified for…actually that sounds quite harsh, apologies 

One of the worst managerial performances in our history and some terrible signings. I remember being at Luton for the 5.0 and Swansea for the 7.1. Astonishing how they then end up running the football operations a decade or so later! May as well bring Osman and Millen back too! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

One of the worst managerial performances in our history and some terrible signings. I remember being at Luton for the 5.0 and Swansea for the 7.1. Astonishing how they then end up running the football operations a decade or so later! May as well bring Osman and Millen back too! 

Tinnion was doing a great job when involved solely with the academy but given how badly he faired as manager I have been surprised his remit has grown recently.