IGNORED

Has Everyone Forgotten Chris Roberts?

cityfan

Why has everyone forgotten Chris Roberts. Three games and no start yet it was Chris that effectively took City to Cardiff last year. As a central striker he is proven at City with his goals last year and 17 the year before.

Roberts should start every game in central attack until the stats prove otherwise. He should be our number one choice striker bar none. I want you all to vote yes or no based on the stats.

Roberts is a good player but he just doesn't care, He ain't interested, if he really tried hard then he could probally play at first division standard. He needs to work harder and practice his shooting and composure. But I cant see it happening because he just simply isn't interested, I reckon that tinman should send him out on loan to a 3rd division club(or whatever it is now?)

Regardless of anyone's personal thought's there is no denying he's scored the goals when played as a central striker.

He's employed as a striker and the required result is goals. Millers record is nowhere near as good nor anyone else's. Its an open and shut case for me and he could easily be a division one player.

He's employed as a striker and the required result is goals.  Millers record is nowhere near as good nor anyone else's.  Its an open and shut case for me and he could easily be a division one player.

His scoring record may be better than Millers but he is not a better striker. He's a very good player in my opinion but at the moment, with Lee and Leeerrrooy in such good form he isn't going to get a chance up-front. If Murray continues in his sh!t form I think Chris deserves a chance at right wing though.

Chris is not a right sided midfield player. That was proven last year. He is a central striker. The only thing that matters with strikers is that they get their goals and Roberts does. Miller is a target man due to his height BUT, he goalscoring record is poor, he can't go past players, he has NO pace and is lacking in stamina. He's good with his head. Thats it.

Why has everyone forgotten Chris Roberts.  Three games and no start yet it was Chris that effectively took City to Cardiff last year.  As a central striker he is proven at City with his goals last year and 17 the year before.

Roberts should start every game in central attack until the stats prove otherwise.  He should be our number one choice striker bar none.  I want you all to vote yes or no based on the stats.

Roberts? Now wasn't he the scape-goat before Murray/Tinman/Peacock/Burnell/Wilkshire/Heff/Butler/A Brown etc etc...(delete as applicable). I wonder who'll be next?

Chris is not a right sided midfield player.  That was proven last year.  He is a central striker.  The only thing that matters with strikers is that they get their goals and Roberts does.  Miller is a target man due to his height BUT, he goalscoring record is poor, he can't go past players, he has NO pace and is lacking in stamina.  He's good with his head.  Thats it.

I would like to beg to differ.

I will concede to you Roberts has a better scoring record than Lee, but in the season he got 17 did he play more games than Lee did in his first season? I wont agrue with you that Robbo almost single handedly took City to Cardiff, but like many have said he didnt look interested, even in the second game against Hartlepool, he only began to try in the last ten minutes when he changed the game. I have watched him in the flesh a few times, and always come away feeling let down, because you know what he can do. His biggest drawbacks are his attitude and his consistancy. Lee has come back this season a different player, he has put the work in during pre-season and now seems to be cashing in on the benefits of it, and also not having to play in Peacocks shadow will help. I and even Lee wont argue with you about his pace, he is slow, but he is quicker in the mind than Robbo, alot quicker. I have heard people say he cant go past players, I can only imagine he has cut this out his game, because for having skill at his feet there isnt many better, he could and should be using this skill more often. His stamina i think has improved from the reports i am hearing.

Lee has waiting for his chance this season, and Robbos will come too, its a case of making sure when you get in you stay in.

If you compare him to Lee this season, i think your argument will fall down. The front two this season should be based on the little and large combo, Miller has to play and after scoring 3 in 3, Lita has to play. Robbo needs to prove he is better than or worth a place more than Lita. Obviously you will say he isnt getting in the team, how can he show Tins, thats where his attitude must be spot on, he needs to work his balls off in training and if selected in the reserves, punish any defence he is up against.

On his day he can be a real match winner, and i think he would compliment Miller up front, but as Tins said he will pick players on form, and at the moment those two men have to be Miller and Lita. :D

Guest lugger22

To doubt Robbo's attitude is neither here nor there, we can only speculate about his attitude cos none of us train with him or know him as a person. His contribution last season was absolutely superb and we wouldn't have gone to Cardiff without it - FACT. He can score goals - FACT. He has been overlooked for whatever reason and we can once again only speculate but the one positive aspect of truth and fact we can take out of this is that Leroy Lita has scored some goals and has taken his opportunity very well which is what we as a team/collective want to see. Now is the test of Robbo. If I were him I would seriously consider employment with another team as he did all he could do last season and hasn't been rewarded with what was due - his starting place, plus other strikers have been brought in to challenge his place and the new gaffer wants to make his signings achieve so the harsh reality is that Robbo is well down the pecking order. It annoys me as I believe we only scratched the surface of what this striker had to offer but this is football and it happens all of the time.

To doubt Robbo's attitude is neither here nor there, we can only speculate about his attitude cos none of us train with him or know him as a person. His contribution last season was absolutely superb and we wouldn't have gone to Cardiff without it - FACT. He can score goals - FACT. He has been overlooked for whatever reason and we can once again only speculate but the one positive aspect of truth and fact we can take out of this is that Leroy Lita has scored some goals and has taken his opportunity very well which is what we as a team/collective want to see. Now is the test of Robbo. If I were him I would seriously consider employment with another team as he did all he could do last season and hasn't been rewarded with what was due - his starting place, plus other strikers have been brought in to challenge his place and the new gaffer wants to make his signings achieve so the harsh reality is that Robbo is well down the pecking order. It annoys me as I believe we only scratched the surface of what this striker had to offer but this is football and it happens all of the time.

I thinks he's a reasonable striker for this division, but certainly no better. His play is very one dimentional and his running off the ball is poor. Given his pace it could be his great strength as he could pull defenders all over the place. There were times last season when Wilkshire was on the ball, and you could practically 'see' him thinking 'strewth, make the run!!' Roberts is far too static when not in possession. I really believe that Wilkshire would blossom given a front-runner on the same wavelength as himself, since he is always looking to make the intelligent pass, and not just the predictable ball to feet.

I thinks he's a reasonable striker for this division, but certainly no better.  His play is very one dimentional and his running off the ball is poor.  Given his pace it could be his great strength as he could pull defenders all over the place.  There were times last season when Wilkshire was on the ball, and you could practically 'see' him thinking 'strewth, make the run!!'  Roberts is far too static when not in possession.  I really believe that Wilkshire would blossom given a front-runner on the same wavelength as himself, since he is always looking to make the intelligent pass, and not just the predictable ball to feet.

In my opinion the problem is that the ball is not released quick enough for him. He is constantly frustrated wiating to make that run but has no delivery from midfield. Lets face it, the forwards at the club can score, its the delivery into them from midfield that prevents it.

I agree that Robbo will look for another club. He's arguably on the verge of playing for Wales and a player in that position will not stay on the bench of a second division club much longer. He will go to a championship club, its just a matter of time.

Guest hairyshamrock

It seems that Roberts is an enigma, and he seems to need some serious long term coaching. He has so much talent in my opinion which is in long in need of some serious work by some decent coaches.

I think he will proove to be a great player, but is in need of a run in the first team and also serious 1 to 1 work on the training ground. I'd like to see him used more often, especially as it seems that heffernan could do with a run in the reserves to get him settled in to our style of play.

Archived