IGNORED

Protest Saturday???

formerly known as ivan

3 hours ago, Gazman said:

Not turning up to the next game means the team don’t get supported, they don’t deserve this.  Instead how about all fans stand and turn their backs on the game at a specific time whilst singing abuse to the owners?  Players still supported but a message to the lansdowns.

A lot of people saying this but honestly, I think the players would be more than understanding of fans refusing to turn up due to the owners. I think most of the players will be as pissed off as we are. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

And we have been paying for it ever since! Those finishes were nothing to be proud of. The 11th place finish was the season we were top 6 around Christmas wasn’t it? Pearson has spent 2 and a half years digging us out of a Lee Johnson sized hole. Spent a lot of money and achieved nothing!

I don’t know. I quite liked finishing top half of the championship. And I quite liked beating Manchester United and some of the wonderful pre-Christmas football in that season. 

But I hadn’t realised until now that Lee Johnson got up every day and thought, ‘you know what, how can I run this club into the ground?’ 

• Haha 3

Just now, firstdivision said:

I don’t know. I quite liked finishing top half of the championship. And I quite liked beating Manchester United and some of the wonderful pre-Christmas football in that season. 

But I hadn’t realised until now that Lee Johnson got up every day and thought, ‘you know what, how can I run this club into the ground?’ 

You don’t think Lee Johnson knew what was going on with the club’s financial situation during his time here? He wasn’t the only one guilty, Lansdown should never have let it happen. But he sign every player he thought could take us to the promised land a failed miserably.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Been there before haven’t we 

No he was not the young coach we needed. Although he did have a few great moments incl Man U and some great and not so great runs...but he was imo a likeable bloke but again the those that know best thought that he had to go before the sacking with banners and cruel taunts...as I say he and Ashton were our chosen whipping boys, that turned out well...but let the all knowing protest...again ...very City.

Edited by cotswoldred2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

He ran the club into the ground just by getting up in the morning. He didn’t have to think about it, it was always going to happen. 

• Confused 1

Ro protest before we know is being brought in as a replacement seems silly to me.

OK, obviously it's not - but for all we know, we have lined up the next Mckenna.

The time to protest in any way would be if the new manager takes us backwards - not because we've decided to part company with a manager who has his own health problems, has made very little tangible progress on the pitch (some, but still terribly inconsistent) despite having done a good job in cost cutting - which was desperately needed.

The timing of the decision to part company is baffling - injury crisis & no apparent loss of effort or belief in the players towards NP.

2 very winnable games up next & now heading into them in even more dissaray that we already had with all the injuries.

Timing is utterly baffling bit overall decision - well, that depends what the plan is..!

Can we improve - definitely.

Will we improve - who knows.!

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Spending £60m+ & 68 players signed trebling the wage bill to finish ******* twelfth 

So was that Mark Ashton to blame? Or Steve Lansdown who sanctioned it? (I get confused who we should hate the most at any given time).
And did we bring in any money in from transfers? Did some players leave to offset the 68?  And did a world pandemic happen? And is there any nuance left in the world? So many questions. 

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

So was that Mark Ashton to blame? Or Steve Lansdown who sanctioned it? (I get confused who we should hate the most at any given time).
And did we bring in any money in from transfers? Did some players leave to offset the 68?  And did a world pandemic happen? And is there any nuance left in the world? So many questions. 

You really are John. Time for bed and put the crayons away somewhere safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

A trio that combined managed to financially hamstring the club and fail to deliver the stated objective. 

But hey, we beat Man U and had a good pre Xmas spell one year.  

2 minutes ago, Big Cheese said:

They will have someone else in and as manager by next home game, probably have someone else in position now, so there will be no fans protest, 

Not sure why having someone in role would stop fans protesting? Don’t think protests would be about an excess of vacancies at the club. 

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

A trio that combined managed to financially hamstring the club and fail to deliver the stated objective. 

But hey, we beat Man U and had a good pre Xmas spell one year.  

And I bet you loved it at the time. I bet you didn’t think ‘you know what, this bit of success is all well and good but that Lee Johnson is not trying to get us promotion or to a Wembley final, the scoundrel is trying to ruin my club.’ 

29 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You don’t think Lee Johnson knew what was going on with the club’s financial situation during his time here? He wasn’t the only one guilty, Lansdown should never have let it happen. But he sign every player he thought could take us to the promised land a failed miserably.

You’re going to have to help me out with this sentence, Ivan. 

Edited by firstdivision

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

And I bet you loved it at the time. I bet you didn’t think ‘you know what, this bit of success is all well and good but that Lee Johnson is not trying to get us promotion or to a Wembley final, the scoundrel is trying to ruin my club.’ 

Obviously it was a great night, but it’s a win in a cup match. It’s a bonus. It doesn’t make up for the 20 years of mediocrity and baffling decision making.

43 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Your sure? Nigel is a complex character not loved for his somewhat abrasive ways, a bit old fashioned sure, but perhaps we do need a younger coach that seems to be working at a lot of other clubs. 

For someone who’s “not loved” there’s certainly a lot of noise on here in support of him!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Well yes..it was a great 6 months. And then the wheels came off.  I’m not sure that this is the gotcha that you think it is.

Weirdly reminiscent of the owner who got very self congratulatory after a handful of Holden games….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

For someone who’s “not loved” there’s certainly a lot of noise on here in support of him!!

I don't particularly love Pearson. He can grate my gears at times. But I can appreciate a determined and honest guy trying to do his best. Which he did. 

And I can recognise a disgraceful way which you can treat somebody. And this is absolutely disgraceful. 

I can also recognise an egomaniac narcissist when I see one. And Steve Lansdown is this. He will always inevitably be a detriment to the football club because of his immaturity to handle competent good managers. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

Just now, Atticus said:

I don't particularly love Pearson. He can grate my gears at times. But I can appreciate a determined and honest guy trying to do his best. Which he did. 

And I can recognise a disgraceful way which you can treat somebody. And this is absolutely disgraceful. 

I can also recognise an egomaniac narcissist when I see one. And Steve Lansdown is this. He will always inevitably be a detriment to the football club because of his immaturity to handle competent good managers. 

You know what I mean ie. He’s well supported, Cots used the word “loved” 😂

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Against the joke of a board and their decision to fire Pearson.

Show Pearson the backing he still had from the fans.

SL had let down Cotts and threw him under the bus and now the same for Pearson. While in between the two, allowed Johnson to run this club into the ground season after season.

Time to force his hand and move this club on to someone capable.

This is nothing like Cotts.

Cotts was taking us down.

Pearson had us looking up and he was building something.

I’m pissed that they’ve got rid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

The only protest this owner will take any notice of is a boycott.

Stay away. If you really feel that strongly then walk. If you keep going then you're supporting this decision. 

90% of the support don't have the backbone to stay away, or actually care about the effect it would have on Lansdown to hear the vast majority of seats were empty.

And the Lansdownes know it.

At the end of it all you reap what you sow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1