IGNORED

Protest Saturday???

formerly known as ivan

Just now, Charlie BCFC said:

I get that, but point was more around boycotts and doing stuff during games. For me we’ve got to get behind the players (probably reduced squad as it was the other games over the week)

I get what you are saying Charlie but this has crossed a line for me. He needs to know how (most of us) we feel. 

Steve Lansdown is no football fan in the way most of us are. He’s a very wealthy individual who wants to have a legacy. His son was a fan but has moved away and is not engaged.

They don’t like managers who talk back. Lee Johnson, Dean Holden, keith millen,  and Derek McInnes were all completely or very inexperienced in english football management and could be expected to keep on message and not criticise.

The only two experienced managers Cotterill and now Pearson are out because they see through the incompetence and lack of vision from the top.

Lansdown got lucky with Gary Johnson but to be honest. it ended badly because Johnson was not really a championship/premier league manager as his later career sadly confirmed and Lansdown kept him when it was clear the players were losing trust. And lets not forget Steve Coppell who saw the writing on the wall and got out before he even started.

Steve Lansdown has put a lot of money in to his project but its not just about football its rugby basketball and his legacy, and because  of this lack of focus and maybe, in the past, with supporting inadequate managers because he was happy with them on a personal basis we have drifted for too long.

He wants to sell and is just treading water till he can find someone to buy him out - and i get better the devil you know - but I genuinely believe the Lansdown’s want out and sadly Mr Lansdown thank you but the sooner the better.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Atticus said:

??

Difference being that was pur first year in the championship under Cotterill. After he gave us one of our best seasons in recent memory. If not the best. 

The similarities are he was also not backed sufficiently. 

He was backed. He just went for unrealistic targets. Massive bids for Gray and Gayle

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

Steve Lansdown is no football fan in the way most of us are. He’s a very wealthy individual who wants to have a legacy. His son was a fan but has moved away and is not engaged.

They don’t like managers who talk back. Lee Johnson, Dean Holden, keith millen,  and Derek McInnes were all completely or very inexperienced in english football management and could be expected to keep on message and not criticise.

The only two experienced managers Cotterill and now Pearson are out because they see through the incompetence and lack of vision from the top.

Lansdown got lucky with Gary Johnson but to be honest. it ended badly because Johnson was not really a championship/premier league manager as his later career sadly confirmed and Lansdown kept him when it was clear the players were losing trust. And lets not forget Steve Coppell who saw the writing on the wall and got out before he even started.

Steve Lansdown has put a lot of money in to his project but its not just about football its rugby basketball and his legacy, and because  of this lack of focus and maybe, in the past, with supporting inadequate managers because he was happy with them on a personal basis we have drifted for too long.

He wants to sell and is just treading water till he can find someone to buy him out - and i get better the devil you know - but I genuinely believe the Lansdown’s want out and sadly Mr Lansdown thank you but the sooner the better.

Don't forget about Coppell too. Who walked after two games. 

We will never progress while he have a clown running the club. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I’m sure that you have the best intentions. But with a squad decimated by injuries, and our academy replacements desperately needing our support, lets just roar the lads to 3 points this Saturday.

Again… you can fully do that whilst letting Lansdown know how you feel about the situation he has created 

2 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

How do you know about the players feelings?  Nige can be a spikey old sod.

I mean Tommy has already thanked him publicly and being as they all went out and played their heart out for him I'd say they like him. 

I've lost count of how many managers I've seen leave this club because the players have given up on the manager, no sign of that here, in fact I'd say this is one of the hardest fighting teams I've seen since I was a teenager. 

• Like 6

None of you are going to protest. 

You will give it all on here, but as soon as we win a corner on Saturday, you will forget all about it. 

I won't be protesting either. Because I won't be there. 

Not on Saturday. Not at any game until the Lansdowns **** off out of the club.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

He was backed. He just went for unrealistic targets. Massive bids for Gray and Gayle

How many times do we have to go through this? 

You have had this explained many times before, yet you persist with this bullshit. 

Carry on. I don't ****ing care any more.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

3 hours ago, Superjack said:

You will give it all on here, but as soon as we win a corner on Saturday, you will forget all about it. 

This is the thing isn’t it, we never do. Lansdown could change all the seats to blue and the name to Bristol United and people would still roll over and take it. Even just a banner or two or some chanting would be something, if nothing else to make the feelings known. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Superjack said:

Sorry but you're so wrong, after spending the best part of 35 years supporting this club I'd say this is one of the worst decisions this club has made in that time and the clearest that they have no understanding of what the fans want and more to the point, they don't care either. 

I don't think I'll even watch the game from home, I won't be buying anything City related going forward. I'm genuinely happy to explore other routes for my footballing fix, clubs in lower leagues, foreign football etc

Think I've finally lost my passion for this club until something big happens at the top that shows the fans matter to the owners. For now Steve can keep paying off the losses himself because he's not getting a penny from me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

absolutely all in on a protest. steve reportedly wants to sell the club, so why is that drip jon making a decision like this and potentially diminishing its value?? seriously worried about the future now, especially with so many injuries.

i don’t remember seeing a decision this baffling and wholeheartedly opposed since… well a few weeks ago when birmingham sacked eustace but i thought even this pair of muppets were smarter than that!

they’ve let personal issues cloud their judgment yet again, and it’s about time we demand better. how long are we going to accept mediocrity and such a lack of ambition, whilst the owners bang on about actually having any.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dredd said:

First suggestion, no eating or drinking inside the stadium. There's plenty of pubs, newsagents, bars around to get your pre match fill. 
Hit them where it hurts. 

I’m of the understanding the club lease out a majority of the kiosks so the only person you’ll be hurting is the companies who have paid to be there. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, jbcfc said:

absolutely all in on a protest. steve reportedly wants to sell the club, so why is that drip jon making a decision like this and potentially diminishing its value?? seriously worried about the future now, especially with so many injuries.

Apart from making an absolute mess of the kits etc JL is a waste of a position

Does anyone really think he had any input into this decision?

Look Pearson is gone all the protests in the world won’t change this , they know it’s not a popular decision but do we know what they have planned , there could be a massive take over on horizon with a large input of cash who knows , I’ll tell you who knows Steve lansdown so instead of shouting obscenities on sat let’s just get behind OUR team and give em the backing they need as without a manager in place their going to need it 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Topper 123 said:

Look Pearson is gone all the protests in the world won’t change this , they know it’s not a popular decision but do we know what they have planned , there could be a massive take over on horizon with a large input of cash who knows , I’ll tell you who knows Steve lansdown so instead of shouting obscenities on sat let’s just get behind OUR team and give em the backing they need as without a manager in place their going to need it 

What a good little customer.

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Jimatno9 said:

I just see one problem - the Bristol Sport package as a whole that spans three sports. Is Lansdown going to separate BCFC (men's? or both?) from it or sell the lot as a package? If it's a single divestment then it could be very awkward in having the new owner renting the ground from SL and being on the hook for the commercial dep't (especially the shop front which would still continue to sell BS-brand gear).

11 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

I just see one problem - the Bristol Sport package as a whole that spans three sports. Is Lansdown going to separate BCFC (men's? or both?) from it or sell the lot as a package? If it's a single divestment then it could be very awkward in having the new owner renting the ground from SL and being on the hook for the commercial dep't (especially the shop front which would still continue to sell BS-brand gear).

I don’t think anyone would contemplate buying BCFC Ltd (football club) without buying Ashton Gate Ltd (stadium) with it.

• Like 2