IGNORED

Protest Saturday???

formerly known as ivan

58 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

If the protest was Nigel pearsons red and white army -GROW UP he’s gone get behind team and board or fack off 

I actually thought that was pretty well done. The chanting that there was was all in favour of the team with no Pearson sentiments for 85 minutes. That showed we support the team first and foremost. However, the singing of Nigel Pearson’s cider army (and how can you comment on the “protest” if you clearly didn’t hear it properly) for 5 minutes across the stadium, followed by “One Nigel Pearson” and “Jon Lansdown, what a *****” clearly showed the dissatisfaction with the decision and handling subsequently, but not at the detriment of the team in view of what had gone before.

It was fine.

• Like 12

For all the wrath on OTIB all week I was surprised how timid the crowd was. Just goes to show what a small minority of the fanbase are actually on here ,thought the atmosphere was rubbish considering all that’s gone on this week,out sung all game by a bunch of Supporters at the wrong end of the table.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I actually thought that was pretty well done. The chanting that there was was all in favour of the team with no Pearson sentiments for 85 minutes. That showed we support the team first and foremost. However, the singing of Nigel Pearson’s cider army (and how can you comment on the “protest” if you clearly didn’t hear it properly) for 5 minutes across the stadium, followed by “One Nigel Pearson” and “Jon Lansdown, what a *****” clearly showed the dissatisfaction with the decision and handling subsequently, but not at the detriment of the team in view of what had gone before.

It was fine.

Completely agree.

5 minutes was fine.

23 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

For all the wrath on OTIB all week I was surprised how timid the crowd was. Just goes to show what a small minority of the fanbase are actually on here ,thought the atmosphere was rubbish considering all that’s gone on this week,out sung all game by a bunch of Supporters at the wrong end of the table.

And there we have it- in a nutshell.

A surprising amount of people on here either can't go to matches or choose not to go but the ability to sound off with outrageous indignation and repulsion at BCFC from the comfort of the sofa is not wasted.

The massive anti LJ protest predicted and encouraged was a bed sheet.

Today didn't even get a bed sheet which is a shame as the bed wetters probably could have done with giving their's a good airing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t be a bell.

And the fact you can’t recognise the depth of anger at this decision across a significant proportion of the fanbase just makes me feel sorry for you.

Thank you. I accept your pity.

Meanwhile I suspect that the depth of anger will increase or disappear entirely based on results.... except for those who are so polarised that they may even hope for failure just to self certify their opinion as being the right opinion.

Dingdong.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Thank you. I accept your pity.

Meanwhile I suspect that the depth of anger will increase or disappear entirely based on results.... except for those who are so polarised that they may even hope for failure just to self certify their opinion as being the right opinion.

Dingdong.

Like the board did last week to give them an excuse to sack Pearson?

I’m a city fan first and foremost. Whoever comes in I want to do well - as do all fans (nobody on any thread has suggested that they wish failure so stop making things up). However, I also want people who have wilfully sabotaged a manager who was doing a good job out of our club.

Nobody is hoping whoever comes in fails. If it makes you feel better to think that then go nuts.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

nobody on any thread has suggested that they wish failure so stop making things up)

When there's a 3 page thread about renaming a stand after a Manager who did a great job but won nothing on the pitch other than mediocrity and thousands of comments of anger and hatred towards the owners along with a sudden disgust of Brian Tinnion - you are delusional if you think that there are those on here that don't hope for failure to underscore their narrative.

But then again you can just call people a "Bell(" end) if they don't conform to your own perception  of reality.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t be a bell.

Section 82 issued a tweet pre match where they confirmed that they’d be getting behind the team (as per Niges request earlier). And they did, although the game was largely uninspiring. 

They then decided with five minutes to go to start the Pearson chants. They have to originate from S82, as all our chants do. And it was a solid five minutes across the ground of “Nigel Pearson’s cider army”. Most football chants fizzle after 20-30 seconds. This didn’t. And I think a reasonable proportion of the crowd joined in. You maybe didn’t, some who don’t sing didn’t, but it was loud, it was consistent, and it was sung by thousands of people.

Thats not “bedwetters”. That’s people showing their dissatisfaction in a strong way after backing the team. And I’d wager that Jon had thought he’d got away with it at 80 minutes, but the feeling was clear (even Radio Bristol brought it up).

Thousands of people singing to back our deposed manager for a consistent time is more powerful than a badly painted bedsheet. And the fact you can’t recognise the depth of anger at this decision across a significant proportion of the fanbase just makes me feel sorry for you.

@Silvio Dante don’t rise to it. The buffoon rarely talks sense. Just bollocks to get a reaction.

Oh hang on……

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Don’t be a bell.

Section 82 issued a tweet pre match where they confirmed that they’d be getting behind the team (as per Niges request earlier). And they did, although the game was largely uninspiring. 

They then decided with five minutes to go to start the Pearson chants. They have to originate from S82, as all our chants do. And it was a solid five minutes across the ground of “Nigel Pearson’s cider army”. Most football chants fizzle after 20-30 seconds. This didn’t. And I think a reasonable proportion of the crowd joined in. You maybe didn’t, some who don’t sing didn’t, but it was loud, it was consistent, and it was sung by thousands of people.

Thats not “bedwetters”. That’s people showing their dissatisfaction in a strong way after backing the team. And I’d wager that Jon had thought he’d got away with it at 80 minutes, but the feeling was clear (even Radio Bristol brought it up).

Thousands of people singing to back our deposed manager for a consistent time is more powerful than a badly painted bedsheet. And the fact you can’t recognise the depth of anger at this decision across a significant proportion of the fanbase just makes me feel sorry for you.

From the middle of the Dolman, heard it loud and clear.

2 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Wasn't sure we were outsung outright, for phases perhaps. Depends where in the ground you are.

Well I’m not in Section 82, and I can assure you’re that ‘Nigel Pearson’s Cider Army’, ‘one Nigel Pearson’ and ‘Jon Lansdown, what a manual manipulator’ rang around for the last ten minutes, and on the final whistle more pro Nige chants started.

No doubt, people will try and spin this as not enough, or too much, but the fact remains, this has (to my knowledge) never happened in the game following any previous manager being sacked.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Heard some anti JL songs but our fans don’t sing when 4.0 up or losing so hardly surprising. Sheff Wed fans just saying to me on way back it’s a great stadium but worst atmosphere in the champ

Our board are more than happy for this to be the case, and have actively enabled it through their stadium plan. Yet another reason why I can’t wait to see the back of them. 

Gifting away teams a marginal gain in a ridiculously competitive league by allowing them to have their support en-masse behind one of the goals is sheer madness. To add insult to injury, they put our vocal fans physically as far away as possible which is terrible for atmosphere. 

A board who is competent would’ve recognised this. Multiple former managers have questioned the logic of it. 

If you extrapolate silly decisions like that across the entire club - it’s easy to see why we’ve underachieved with this lot in charge. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Well I’m not in Section 82, and I can assure you’re that ‘Nigel Pearson’s Cider Army’, ‘one Nigel Pearson’ and ‘Jon Lansdown, what a manual manipulator’ rang around for the last ten minutes, and on the final whistle more pro Nige chants started.

No doubt, people will try and spin this as not enough, or too much, but the fact remains, this has (to my knowledge) never happened in the game following any previous manager being sacked.

Genuinely didn’t hear any of these from the middle of the Dolman.  Did hear the Nigel’s Pearson’s red & white army chant, but that’s all.  The irritatingly unoriginal “Is this a library?” from Wednesday suggest how quiet it was.

8 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Could hear it all including the anti JL chant from the Lansdown so I’m sure the board heard it loud and clear. 

41 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Genuinely didn’t hear any of these from the middle of the Dolman.  Did hear the Nigel’s Pearson’s red & white army chant, but that’s all.  The irritatingly unoriginal “Is this a library?” from Wednesday suggest how quiet it was.

Heard it loud and clear from W4. Selective hearing I would say.