IGNORED

History will repeat itself :(

BCFC1512

10 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Gonna be Holden situation all over again! Fleming will get it till end of season, the bored saying while we take our time to make correct decision!! He’ll do an ok job keep us up and get a 3 year deal in the summer 😡😡

Not a chance it will be Fleming.

It will be based on his continued nepotism and wanting a 'yes' man as 'head coach'. 

There will be the usual crowd of Appleton, Robins etc. but I think he'll go for what he thinks is a winning combination: ex-player, young coach, modern thinking, will do everything I say etc. 

I think he'll appoint Cole Skuse (sick in mouth). 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, One Team said:

It will be based on his continued nepotism and wanting a 'yes' man as 'head coach'. 

There will be the usual crowd of Appleton, Robins etc. but I think he'll go for what he thinks is a winning combination: ex-player, young coach, modern thinking, will do everything I say etc. 

I think he'll appoint Cole Skuse (sick in mouth). 

Thats one of the saddest things I have ever read as it's so so true and exactly what will happen, we really have no hope 

14 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Thats one of the saddest things I have ever read as it's so so true and exactly what will happen, we really have no hope 

”so true” and ”exactly what will happen”?  Do you know something that we don’t?  If not, why get so sad when you really have no idea what will happen?  Cheer up, things may actually get better, you never know. 😀

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

”so true” and ”exactly what will happen”?  Do you know something that we don’t?  If not, why get so sad when you really have no idea what will happen?  Cheer up, things may actually get better, you never know. 😀

Yes we might get promoted from League one before the Gas.

• Haha 1

I think where history is most likely to repeat itself is with what happened when Cotts left. Whilst Lee Johnson had his faults, the reality is that the nature of his departure left a number of fans so angry they'd have found it hard to give any other manager a fair chance.

Whatever the club, the Lansdowns or whoever else privately think about Pearson, they've got to acknowledge the anger the sacking has provoked amongst many of the fanbase and address that head on. Otherwise the new manager - whoever it is - is not going to be given a fair chance to win over many of the supporters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

When do things every get better for us :laugh: but I hope you are right, to many years watching city doing things like this definitely makes one a pessimist 

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Gonna be Holden situation all over again! Fleming will get it till end of season, the bored saying while we take our time to make correct decision!! He’ll do an ok job keep us up and get a 3 year deal in the summer 😡😡

If we just wanted an "interim" manager for this season - there would be no point whatsoever in replacing NP, who was out of contract then anyway.

The only reason the decision has been made now MUST be because we have a plan in place.

If we don't, then it makes no sense whatsoever..!

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

If we just wanted an "interim" manager for this season - there would be no point whatsoever in replacing NP, who was out of contract then anyway.

The only reason the decision has been made now MUST be because we have a plan in place.

Other than the fact it’s personal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Think you last sentence sums it up perfectly I’m afraid

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Think you last sentence sums it up perfectly I’m afraid

I think that's what we need to find out.

Everyone seems outraged. I'm not - but I'm certainly surprised - especially at the timing.

If we make an appointment this week that has clear merit to it, then it will make sense.

If we have no plan in place then it's hard to see how it was the right decision to make at this time.