IGNORED

5 Things Tinnion Should Do.

GrahamC

1. Play 4-4-2, footballers are simple folk and they play their best when in a formation that they understand and feel comfortable in, it's no coincidence that every time City have ever tried something else, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 etc it's been abandonded in weeks.

2. Forget about starting games yourself, when things are going wrong you cannot see why when you are in the centre of midfield, you need to be in the dugout. Also when you are surrounded by a coaching staff who have never managed a League club between them, you CANNOT start games and manage, it does not work.

3. Play Lee Miller. This is not bandwagon jumping after Saturday's performance, the simple fact is whether Lee is good enough or not (and I don't know), he is the only tall striker we have, so he has to play.

4. Stick to a settled side, so far we've had Fortune in midfield, on the bench and in central defence in 3 games, how can he be judged as a player like that? likewise Matt Hill has been shifted about, decide on your best team and give it a run of 5 games or so, injuries permitting of course.

5. Think about the balance of youth and experience, our squad is, in my opinion imbalanced now with inexperienced players. The worst time to play a load of youngsters is when you are struggling, Saturday's bench had virtually no experience on it at all.

1. Play 4-4-2, footballers are simple folk and they play their best when in a formation that they understand and feel comfortable in, it's no coincidence that every time City have ever tried something else, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 etc it's been abandonded in weeks.

2. Forget about starting games yourself, when things are going wrong you cannot see why when you are in the centre of midfield, you need to be in the dugout. Also when you are surrounded by a coaching staff who have never managed a League club between them, you CANNOT start games and manage, it does not work.

3. Play Lee Miller. This is not bandwagon jumping after Saturday's performance, the simple fact is whether Lee is good enough or not (and I don't know), he is the only tall striker we have, so he has to play.

4. Stick to a settled side, so far we've had Fortune in midfield, on the bench and in central defence in 3 games, how can he be judged as a player like that? likewise Matt Hill has been shifted about, decide on your best team and give it a run of 5 games or so, injuries permitting of course.

5. Think about the balance of youth and experience, our squad is, in my opinion imbalanced now with inexperienced players. The worst time to play a load of youngsters is when you are struggling, Saturday's bench had virtually no experience on it at all.

I don't see what point your're making. BT has done 4 out of the 5 things you suggest and as for the 4th point, getting a settled side after 3 games is a tough ask.

Give it 7 more games and then see where City are.

I don't see what point your're making. BT has done 4 out of the 5 things you suggest and as for the 4th point, getting a settled side after 3 games is a tough ask.

Give it 7 more games and then see where City are.

No he hasn't.

Lee Miller hasn't started in any of the three games.

Tinnion's played 4-3-3 for two and a half games so far, not 4-4-2.

He has played the same players (do you remember the quote "I see Clayton Fortune solely as a defender" in the summer?) in different positions in those three games.

I've no problem with giving it another 7 games, let's be honest unless we're in relegation trouble Tinnion will be in no danger jobwise this season.

The point I'm making is that he'll give himself a better chance of being successive by doing this.

Archived