IGNORED

Worst decision since when.....?

Steve Watts

For me, this is possibly the worst decision the club have made since they phoned David Moyes and told him not to fly back from America to interview for the job as we'd given it to Tony Pulls. Genuinely don't think we've made as bad a call as today since then. 

Any advances on the Moyes/Pulis call?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Time will tell if it was a bad decision or not. It may not feel great right now, but if we bring someone in and they get us top ten this season and we push on next year, then it will turn out to be the right decision. How bad a decision it is, can't be judged now. 

Exactly this, I hate this decision, but we may appoint someone everything clicks and we get promoted. Massively unlikely but we won’t know yet how good or bad this decision is.

Edited by Bourne End Red
  • Like 2

Sacking a good one feels worse than appointing a bad one - bad appointments happen (though admittedly embarrassingly often for us). It certainly has parallels with the Cotterill situation - appointment made to steady the ship, but not really given the right sort of backing. Almost like we have (twice!) stumbled upon a good manager by accident, then proceeded to make their position untenable. Couldn't make it up.

Edited by cellist
  • Like 2

The worst decision was appointing JL as Chairman along with the Atyeo stand being for the exclusive use of away fans.

The decision of sacking NP will only be the worst if relegation is the outcome and that is pure speculation. 

Outpouring of righteous indignation will soon dissipate after a few wins or grow after a few more losses. This is football.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

I doubt there is any club where on the back of polls ( albeit only 1000 or so votes) with 95% in favour of the manager - go and do something so patently dim, against all the evidence of good management, if doing the job that had been asked.

I’ve been going for 35 years never know something so half witted.

angry beyond words !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This one is stupider than Holden and Johnson imo. It's one thing to appoint the wrong manager, clubs do that all the time. But to actively get rid of a manager building a decent culture at the club? That's rare, and a special kind of stupid.

It’s quite something isn’t it? It’s like they don’t know anything about football. 

Oh hang on….

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The worst decision was appointing JL as Chairman along with the Atyeo stand being for the exclusive use of away fans.

The decision of sacking NP will only be the worst if relegation is the outcome and that is pure speculation. 

Outpouring of righteous indignation will soon dissipate after a few wins or grow after a few more losses. This is football.

Totally agree on JL. What on earth has he done to merit such a position at a Championship club? The guy has his finger prints over everything bad that happens at City.

• Like 5

Not losing any sleep over this. I don’t think we’d ever be a threat to be promoted with him. The football was dreadful. I am looking forward to something new. Talk about him laying the foundations at Leicester is fair but they also played a much better brand of football after he left. He set up the structure and someone else set them free to play actual football not percentages. 

That all said, got no faith in SL to appoint anyone decent or sort things out at all really. Don’t really see us going anywhere as long as he owns the club. Pearson going, while I am not gutted, was too soon. We aren’t safe from relegation and NP would have kept us steady enough. Off into the unknown now and little faith in the decision makers that we’ll be better off. Should have let him see out his contract. That said NP didn’t seem the most content on that either

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I don't think ive ever seen us sack a manager with 90% of the fan base still firmly behind them. Probably the next most unpopular sacking was Danny Wilson? 

Certainly can’t remember a sacking as unpopular as this one. As much as i liked Wilson the manner in which we lost the play-off final that year it did probably feel the right decision to get rid.

This is unbelievable though IMO. As the dust is settling i just cannot get my head around it. Absolutely bollox is it a footballing decision and that is what is the most frustrating thing.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Totally agree on JL. What on earth has he done to merit such a position at a Championship club? The guy has his finger prints over everything bad that happens at City.

Exactly- I almost feel sorry for JL as pretty much in any universe he would not have ended up as Chairman of a significant football club.

Time for change beyond just the Manager. I'm grateful for the support and money Steve has poured into our club but , jeez, he really does make it hard for himself.

Edit: And us

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

This guy boils my piss.

What has he ever done in life to retire to the Bahamas in his mid 30s? Absolutely **** all whilst the rest of us slave away trying to provide for our families 

• Flames 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

This guy boils my piss.

What has he ever done in life to retire to the Bahamas in his mid 30s? Absolutely **** all whilst the rest of us slave away trying to provide for our families 

Me too. He employs people in jobs at the club who are friends of the family. It's all nepotism and everything that goes is on his say so. 

He says he has been a childhood fan since 1990, yet he shows he knows nothing about the culture of the club. The new badge, the kits, the crayons, the stupid hashtag slogans - all him. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not losing any sleep over this. I don’t think we’d ever be a threat to be promoted with him. The football was dreadful. I am looking forward to something new. Talk about him laying the foundations at Leicester is fair but they also played a much better brand of football after he left. He set up the structure and someone else set them free to play actual football not percentages. 

I agree. Nothing wrong with sacking a manager. The problem is when you appoint a worse option which, although likely, hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1