IGNORED

Alexander and Pearson gone

W-S-M Seagull

Two vastly experienced footballing people have both been booted out of the club in quick succession. 

For me that is of no coincidence. Something has clearly gone on behind the scenes in recent times. Most likely Alexander and Pearson telling Lansdown a few home truths. 

Lansdown simply does not have the ability to work with proper footballing people. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gould was a buffer loss than Alexander IMO but do agree with the thrust of his post, the departure of Gould couldn't be helped. Pearson a major, major loss though, definitely the biggest of the 3.

Absolutely, losing Gould was huge. I think Pearson would still be here if he didn't leave. He had a certain level of diplomacy so was able to manage things between the Lansdowns and the footballing side. 

Looking back now, the writing was on the wall for Pearson the moment Alexander left. I'm now wondering if both decisions were made at the same time? 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Two vastly experienced footballing people have both been booted out of the club in quick succession. 

For me that is of no coincidence. Something has clearly gone on behind the scenes in recent times. Most likely Alexander and Pearson telling Lansdown a few home truths. 

Lansdown simply does not have the ability to work with proper footballing people. 

Yeah. Two PL experienced professionals who could see no doubt what a joke things are. 

• Like 4

It is rather sobering when you look at the bigger picture.

No CEO. Experienced manager doing a decent job - sacked. Rennie gone too whilst we have a full starting XI out injured. As far as I'm aware, the recruitment team still hasn't been sorted out.

What do we have? A disinterested and petulant owner. An under-qualified chairman who is only interested in colouring in (and still manages to do a f****** awful job of it).

Behind the scenes, we increasing resemble a club run by a crazy foreign owner who has no idea what he's doing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Yeah. Two PL experienced professionals who could see no doubt what a joke things are. 

Unfortunately for the Lansdowns, Pearson is wealthy enough to not give a crap about losing any settlement money when he eventually speaks out. 

The one thing we know about Pearson is that he will have his say on all of this one day and I really can't wait for that day to come.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

No CEO. Experienced manager doing a decent job - sacked. Rennie gone too whilst we have a full starting XI out injured. As far as I'm aware, the recruitment team still hasn't been sorted out.

What do we have? A disinterested and petulant owner. An under-qualified chairman who is only interested in colouring in (and still manages to do a f****** awful job of it).

Behind the scenes, we increasing resemble a club run by a crazy foreign owner who has no idea what he's doing.

When you think of it like that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were relegated. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

And yet some ****wits still spout the 'careful what you wish for' bollocks...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Absolutely, losing Gould was huge. I think Pearson would still be here if he didn't leave. He had a certain level of diplomacy so was able to manage things between the Lansdowns and the footballing side. 

Looking back now, the writing was on the wall for Pearson the moment Alexander left. I'm now wondering if both decisions were made at the same time? 

I think you’re in the correct ballpark but you’ve got the wrong interpretation. 

I’ve posted elsewhere today of my thoughts on Tinnions role.
I don’t think Tinnion and Nigel saw eye to eye when Nige first arrived. But Tins role then was loans manager and academy development. 
Nige wasn’t too keen on how we operated and I think the two of them came from very different opinions on how the recruitment and development should work. 

With Gould, I think he had a way of working with the both of them that was able to mediate and get them to pull in the same direction. 

Since Gould’s departure and Tinnions promotion to Technical Director, I think this has given Tins more power and control over ‘football matters’. 

So I don’t think Gould was necessarily the diplomat between Nige and the Lansdown’s, but instead between Nige and Tinnion. 

Of course, a manager won’t be sacked without SL’s consent, but I am 100% of the opinion that Tinnion is the person making this call. 

Now, that’s not a dig at Tinnion. Nor is it a dig at Nige. I think Tinnion is the one making the ‘footballing’ decisions and I’m not saying he’s right or wrong to have made this call - just that it’s him who’s making the call. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think its clear the lansdowns don't like to be challenged, healthy debate is a good thing its very foolish in any organisation to think you know all the answers. That's why various people are employed in very specific roles, I feel like there are to many egos and agendas at board room level we don't have any proper experienced football people at the club anymore and no doubt the next management team will be one that toes the line and does as there told or face the consequences. Its a shambles and it will not get better until Steve lansdown finds a buyer who can add a degree of humility order and logic to proceedings with out a self loathing ego clouding his judgement.

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t think Tinnion and Nigel saw eye to eye when Nige first arrived. But Tins role then was loans manager and academy development. 
Nige wasn’t too keen on how we operated and I think the two of them came from very different opinions on how the recruitment and development should work. 

With Gould, I think he had a way of working with the both of them that was able to mediate and get them to pull in the same direction. 

Since Gould’s departure and Tinnions promotion to Technical Director, I think this has given Tins more power and control over ‘football matters’. 

So I don’t think Gould was necessarily the diplomat between Nige and the Lansdown’s, but instead between Nige and Tinnion. 

Of course, a manager won’t be sacked without SL’s consent, but I am 100% of the opinion that Tinnion is the person making this call. 

Now, that’s not a dig at Tinnion. Nor is it a dig at Nige. I think Tinnion is the one making the ‘footballing’ decisions and I’m not saying he’s right or wrong to have made this call - just that it’s him who’s making the call. 

Well Tinnion can **** off as well.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

I feel that this could very well be correct. 

Pearson gone

Alexander gone

Tinnion still here...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Harry, well done! Great post. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Lansdown did once tell us all to judge him on Tinnion....

Academy is down to a lot of good staff, not saying no involvement but Nige was brave enough to play them. Vyner for example was heading for the door, Nige transformed him to the leader and class act he now is, in fact losing Zak has been our biggest blow. Look at results and goals against since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Academy is down to a lot of good staff, not saying no involvement but Nige was brave enough to play them. Vyner for example was heading for the door, Nige transformed him to the leader and class act he now is, in fact losing Zak has been our biggest blow. Look at results and goals against since. 

I think on the footballing side we finally had a very good set up. All the teams fully integrated and working together. 

Lots of football managers will not risk fielding academy players because it may damage their win ratio. Nige didn't give a crap about that. He fully believed in what we were doing here. 

Something somewhere has gone extremely wrong.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And now, if the noise is to be believed, Tinnion is now essentially running the club....

Well imo we are ****ed then. 

I don't know how much of the noise on here about Tinnion is true, but if he has been given any sort of power, that sums the Lansdowns up. 

Power is only useful in the hands of the compassionate and intelligent. 

In my opinion, Tinnion is certainly not the latter, and if the rumours that I have read tonight are true, he isn't the former either.

And the same goes for the Lansdowns as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1