IGNORED

The Return

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It would figure;

experience in the Championship working on a budget and no real danger of getting promoted. 
Go get him Stevie boy. 

This isn’t a pro-Rowett post, but I should point out he did get Derby in the play-offs and was on the verge of doing so with Birmingham City - before being removed in favour of the disastrous Zola.  The only place he totally flopped at was Stoke.

As an appointment it'd be a bit "meh" but we'd have to wait and see what he does here. 

His CV is certainly not a patch on the man he'd be replacing. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He seems to be in pole position, the question is why though?

Over 500 games as a manager, no promotions, won nothing. His CV is worse than Lee Johnson's. 

All 3 of the front runners Jones, Rowett, Eustace, have a worse CV than Nige. Crazy isn't it.

All perfectly normal on Planet Lansdown 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This isn’t a pro-Rowett post, but I should point out he did get Derby in the play-offs and was on the verge of doing so with Birmingham City - before being removed in favour of the disastrous Zola.  The only place he totally flopped at was Stoke.

As an appointment it'd be a bit "meh" but we'd have to wait and see what he does here. 

You have a point -

Stoke would be a very easy place to suffer a flopp

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He seems to be in pole position, the question is why though?

Over 500 games as a manager, no promotions, won nothing. His CV is worse than Lee Johnson's. 

All 3 of the front runners Jones, Rowett, Eustace, have a worse CV than Nige. Crazy isn't it.

Although can extend it more widely, and ask why in the modern way relative unknowns or those who speak well but with nothing of substance ie Russell Martin, or fancy old Scott Parker get jobs that they do ahead of people like NP. Seems to be a sign of the times.

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

If it's true that ' members of the board' wanted free agents brought in, and presented a list, then I'm gob smacked. 

What do members of the board know about football more than NP?

The audacity to think you can go to NP and suggest free agents...like they know more than him.

If NP wanted any free agents, he would have known who was available and asked for them...not the other way round. 🤷🤦

Perhaps Tinnion was involved in this ' presentation' ?

Yes he is 

2 hours ago, Ziderarmy said:

What’s classless is talking to other managers / agents whilst we had a manager doing a bloody good job with his hands tied behind his back. 

Disgusting behaviour really. 

Yes. 

This brings my sheer disdain for the two clowns even higher. 

That reeks of backstabby unprofessionalism. 

And to think Rowett is an improvement over Pearson? Utter braindead *******

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Him, along with Eustace, scream to me that they’re good options because they’re available and free, nkt because they’re what we want and are the best fit. 

Would we be trying hard for either if they were still in jobs and we had to pay compensations? I’d be amazed. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

Possibly, but it was a matter of when. Problem is they don’t like that Nige is outspoken. 

Well. If our two precious little clowns cant have anybody in the club speaking out of turn. I think we all need to be more outspoken....

Edited by Atticus
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Him, along with Eustace, scream to me that they’re good options because they’re available and free, nkt because they’re what we want and are the best fit. 

Would we be trying hard for either if they were still in jobs and we had to pay compensations? I’d be amazed. 

Spot on! The top candidates are employed and cost money to hire, we'll be fishing in the pond of recently sacked and the long term unemployed 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Yes he is 

To be fair, part of Tinnions job should be identifying available players and presenting them as options so I’m not against that per se. I also think that short term signings may have made sense in view of our injury list, so I can see the logic. It’s not like Nige hasn’t done it before (Klose). That doesn’t get it away from the summer having been a monumental cock up and communication being awful, or that Nige has been shit on royally.

On Tinnion generally, it seems to be that ambition, not for the first time, has outstripped ability. It’s the bloody Peter principle writ large - people being promoted to a level above their competency. That we’ve done it with him twice indicates just how much he is subservient to the Lansdowns. If he had stayed doing what he was good at then I wonder if we’d actually be here…

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No, but then I'm not sure we'd be doing it for anyone who was managing at this level, or even the bigger sides in the division below.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

No, but then I'm not sure we'd be doing it for anyone who was managing at this level, or even the bigger sides in the division below.

Which exactly shows why the “we’re expecting promotion” line is complete shite. If you don’t want to go all out for the best, only the cheapest and quickest, you don’t get the best. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Another puzzle in the mix:

* Lansdown DOES want 34 year old free agents to make up numbers on the pitch.

But

* Lansdown DOESN'T want 34 year old Andy King in the starting XI.

Which is it Lansdown? Or just more confusion?

Replace the word Lansdown with the word Tinnion, and your puzzle is solved. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Yeah I don't want to be too negative because we are, or at least very much should be, an exciting prospect for a new manager. The potential is there.

But for me, if I was a Dean Smith, Chris Wilder or John Eustace etc, i'd be left with a lot of questions about the job - the fact the owners are publicly trying to sell the club, the manner of NP's sacking, the available funds, will they have to continue to sell their best players, the current state of the squad etc etc. The management structure/board of the club would have any top coach concerned IMO - are the right people in the right places to enable them to do their job successfully?

Irony is for all the development we've seemingly made as a club, now we're looking again for a new head coach, I feel like, and SL will find out again, we're still in a position where the best calibre managers at our level would rather stay on gardening leave and hold out for a 'better offer'.  

Again, I hope i'm wrong...

Not to mention the question of how much the board will interfere...

21 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Yes he is 

Which is what I thought.

Maybe the inference of not wanting King involved in certain games, then a list of free agents being offered, was just too much for NP to stomach...

I know I'd be peed off if it was me. 

The promotion of Tins is coming across more and more like a DOF in disguise...

46 minutes ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Another puzzle in the mix:

* Lansdown DOES want 34 year old free agents to make up numbers on the pitch.

But

* Lansdown DOESN'T want 34 year old Andy King in the starting XI.

Which is it Lansdown? Or just more confusion?

Change Lansdown to Tinnion and you will be closer to the mark imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Which is what I thought.

Maybe the inference of not wanting King involved in certain games, then a list of free agents being offered, was just too much for NP to stomach...

I know I'd be peed off if it was me. 

The promotion of Tins is coming across more and more like a DOF in disguise...

He is running the football operations. Getting a bit tired of this, if he was a former Birmingham midfielder would be under massive scrutiny! He was a superb player for the club, he’s in my top 3, but that’s got nothing to do with new position! As accountable as if we had appointed someone like Jason Wilcox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Replace the word Lansdown with the word Tinnion, and your puzzle is solved. 

Maybe also change the statements to:

* Tinnion DOESN'T want an opinionated manager with his own views on how the football operations moves forward.

But

* Tinnion DOES want a puppet head coach who will implement Tinnion's own ideas

You know, the kind of ideas that worked so well in Tinnion's own managerial career.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Where as almost every fan wants more transparency , another clear case of the board not understanding the fans but then asking we get behind them. They can **** right off at this point. 

They can indeed.

It's like something from a George Orwell novel. The ministry of not very much information states that nobody is allowed to question anything. Just keep on pushing out the message that everything is perfect and we will make a promotion challenge this season.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Rowett organises teams well and would make a lot of sense if we wanted to keep being a team that was organised, hard working and tough to score against. I also think he's quite likable and I'd be happy to see him succeed as a manager. The one thing that count against him for me is that I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching the football and that's a big thing for me. But, results-wise, I think he's as good a bet as any out of work manager - although I don't see any options that convince me they'd do better than Pearson. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Rowett organises teams well and would make a lot of sense if we wanted to keep being a team that was organised, hard working and tough to score against. I also think he's quite likable and I'd be happy to see him succeed as a manager. The one thing that count against him for me is that I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching the football and that's a big thing for me. But, results-wise, I think he's as good a bet as any out of work manager - although I don't see any options that convince me they'd do better than Pearson. 

That’s my view too.

I’d much rather Nige had stayed.  That’s an understatement.

But we are getting a new manager (head-coach), and Rowett’s record is good bar his flop at Stoke.  I’m sure if I researched his time there I could come up with mitigations, but that futile, I don’t know the detail, so would be spouting an agenda.

His staff at Millwall are still at Millwall by the seems of it. He didn’t appear to take his Stoke staff with him.

I don’t mind pragmatic football at all, hardworking, hard to beat is ok with me….but it has to come with results, method, consistency. There’s certainly times when I’ve wished we exploited set-pieces better than we have in the past.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s my view too.

I’d much rather Nige had stayed.  That’s an understatement.

But we are getting a new manager (head-coach), and Rowett’s record is good bar his flop at Stoke.  I’m sure if I researched his time there I could come up with mitigations, but that futile, I don’t know the detail, so would be spouting an agenda.

His staff at Millwall are still at Millwall by the seems of it. He didn’t appear to take his Stoke staff with him.

I don’t mind pragmatic football at all, hardworking, hard to beat is ok with me….but it has to come with results, method, consistency. There’s certainly times when I’ve wished we exploited set-pieces better than we have in the past.

This is it - pragmatic football without results is just depressing. But, at the same time, I think we have a squad that a manager can set up to be hardworking and hard to beat and that is arguably what Pearson was doing already. So, whilst I'd rather we weren't recruiting a new manager, and would rather Eustace now that we are, I don't think Rowett is a ridiculous appointment. I can see an argument for how he could succeed here whereas I don't feel I do with, say, Nathan Jones who I feel succeeded at Luton with players with a different set of strengths to what he'd find here and hasn't replicated that elsewhere.*

Re Stoke I've no idea what happened either but you could justifiably include him in a run of four or five managers who've found it harder to succeed at Stoke than they have at other clubs. My feeling is the conditions of the club are closer to Millwall or Birmingham where he did fairly well.

*Whenever think of Nathan Jones, I think of the interview Ashley Williams gave about him not being willing to give Stoke players direction on how he wanted them to play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

Good morning ladies & Gents. 

I thought it would be a good time to jump back on here with all that’s going on. Plenty of speculation and plenty of comments that aren’t a million miles away from the truth. 

Saturday morning I was told if we weren’t to get anything at Cardiff he would be sacked. I was also told that Gary Rowett will be appointed but as I’m aware up untill Saturday he was the only one that’s held talks, but other agents have been sounded out.

The fall out with Pearson has been on going for a number of weeks, it was made clear for everyone to see that there wasn’t going to be a new deal on the table for him and the board started to look elsewhere.

Sunday morning was the final nail in the coffin for Nige when a meeting was held, members of board wanted him to bring or look at free agents, when NP turned round and basically told them to stick it after not having funds to bring in more players in the summer. 

Nige has has a great relationship with the players and is very much loved by them, I’m really disappointed as I feel he’s the only relatable person at the club, he gets it, he’s the only person we ever hear from. Gutted to say the least.

Cheers Shags x

So if I’m reading you correctly, Rowett had a conversation with someone from the club before NP walked/was fired. 

The club/board wanted him to bring in free agents, simultaneously Mr Pearson was having his selection of Andy King questioned due to someone wanting him to play another academy player. 

Yes very Bristol City

• Like 1