IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

It's hard to see past this isn't it.

Jon does look a bit stressed out / broken. It's not an ideal response but equally I'm not sure they quite expected this level of backlash.

They made a huge mistake here, and it's extremely difficult to think of any appointment that would be up to the level of what we had.

He also references us fans as being passionate (which I found to be somewhat patronizing) far more importantly (than being passionate) I’m wanting to see my Club go forward and progress - which is exactly what NP was doing! Furthermore, I’d like to be reasonably well informed about key decisions that impact my Club - which is exactly what never happens! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shaftesburyred said:

So we’ll interview lots of candidates, Curtis will win the next 2 games and after 2 months he’ll be the best candidate and get the job-  Where have we seen that before?

As those on here who know me, I also support Sheffield Wednesday having lived up there for 5 years as a young lad and went to Wembley in 1966. Every time its Robins v Owls I pray for a draw and am usually rewarded, however at the moment being gutted about the way the cowards got rid of one of the best managers we have had in decades, I really feel I want Wednesday to beat us at the Gate on Saturday to show those spineless cretins that Nige had something great happening here but because their sh**ty egos were dented, he had to go. Its them that have to go, get the **** out of football, you know nothing about it, you are property developers, you have changed my beloved club of my Dad, Uncle Bob,my Grandad, and Great Granddad ( also a Lord Mayor of Bristol) and probably more above them into a National Laughing stock in the football world. @CyderInACan and @SuperDziek are cousins and know my passion still at 73 for this club but to actually say I want to see them beaten has come from the heart of a fan who knows something has got to happen to restore the fantastic fan's base we have ( envied by the blue lot North of the River ) faith in BCFC. For I think its true tosay we have ZERO faith in the Lansdown's.

• Like 1
  • Flames 5

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m glad we are looking for a progressive, front foot, pressing coach. 
Most other clubs are looking for regressive, back foot, non-pressing coaches. 
So firstly, those words are just nonsense. 

Regards the playing style. Jon refers to us now having an identity that the new manager will be recruited into. 
And specifically that this is the first time they’ve had that clear vision. 
One thing - who has been responsible for implementing that vision throughout the club? 
Well, I’ve seen a very stylish document that explains the philosophy. It was put together when Gould was here and he told me that it was driven by Nigel. 

So, I guess it would have been nice for Nigel’s work on implementing the club philosophy to have been acknowledged.

Regards our ambition. I don’t know a single fan who had any expectations of promotion this season, so their ambition is very different to 99% of the fanbase.

But given this is their ambition and there is still 2/3rds of the season left, I am now fully expecting promotion and the new manager and the board will now be judged by me on this clear goal. 

If we don’t get promoted this season then I will now see it as a massive failure - and I will be blaming Jon. 

In 2016 the club was supposedly implementing a playing style throughout the club. An identity. 2016. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I wouldnt mind a young talented upcoming manager.

If its proven failures such as Rowett - i'll be pissed

I dont understand the Rowett “proven failure” argument. The only club he failed at was Stoke.

Would take him over any of the Luke Williams types, which lets be honest, is likely to be the market we are looking at.

Edited by Mr Hankey

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I dont understand the Rowett “proven failure” argument. The only club he failed at was Stoke.

He's had 4 jobs in the championship. Done okay, but not got promoted. Nothing massively impressive. Whats the point of sacking a far better manager for him?

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Would take him over any of the Luke Williams types, which lets be honest, is likely to be the market we are looking at.

I prefer this route. Why cant we find the next Eddie Howe?

11 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

In 2016 the club was supposedly implementing a playing style throughout the club. An identity. 2016. 

They were. But they didn’t. Because SL always fumbles from one ideology to another. 
This time, Pearson was driving it. What’s in place now was driven by Pearson and mediated by Gould. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

He's had 4 jobs in the championship. Done okay, but not got promoted. Nothing massively impressive. Whats the point of sacking a far better manager for him?

I prefer this route. Why cant we find the next Eddie Howe?

I fully agree with you regarding why sack Pearson to appoint Rowett, it’s madness! But judging by the owners past decisions, we could do worse.

Regarding finding the next Eddie Howe, there will be one out there, but we are not in league 2 struggling the way Bournemouth were when they took the chance. There aren’t many young managers out there that could come in to this club & work under the current parameters & succeed - in fact, in my opinion, we would be much more likely stairing at relegation.

The Lansdowns previous appointments of “young, up & coming” have been the following: Brian Tinnion, Keith Millen, Derek McInnes, Lee Johnson & Dean Holden - they don’t exactly have an eye for young talent!

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Public speaking or in front of a camera isnt for everyone and it certainly isn't for Jon. 

I don't know if that should rule him out of being chairman of a big football club? 

Maybe he should have someone do the talking for him but it doesn't work as it is. 

Perhaps a CEO, oh wait a minute, or a manager, oh wait a minute….

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elmore James said:

Watching that was a bit of a shocker, I almost felt sorry for the bloke.  There is no way Jon should be fronting-up a football club, he doesn't have the inner strength for the job, you can hear it in his voice.  I blame his old man for putting him in this situation.

I can't help agreeing with you. Very uncomfortable watch. I'm imagining someone, stood just outside of shot, who has pushed him in front of the camera! And it's not like it's live, so could have had a few go's at it.

Not sure that I would have expected a full blow-by-blow account of what's been going on, but blimey, that adds nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

“Wanting to get to the premier league”

“Gives us the best chance of success”

”Think the squads good enough”

Absolutely nothing of note. The only comment worth highlighting is when he says that this is the first time they’ve had an idea of what they’re looking for. If you’ve been in charge for 20 plus years as a family then that just shows how incompetent you really are.

Get the **** out of our club 

Nothing to add.  What an incompetent.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

They were. But they didn’t. Because SL always fumbles from one ideology to another. 
This time, Pearson was driving it. What’s in place now was driven by Pearson and mediated by Gould. 

They were but they didn't. This was apparent within months of Lee Johnsons tenure. The club went on to create record debts, mammoth squad sizes doing none of these things that is says it will now suddenly be doing. Lee Johnson was creating massive losses, failure implementing no identity throughout the club, philosophy and recruitment to fit model of play over years. Year upon year and LJ was rewarded with an extension on his contract.

Ostriches? 

In the background was also Brian Tinnion, who appears to be becoming a Director of football, a man now directing the long terms of the FC.  

What is Mr Tinnion? Blind. Hypocritical.   

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Didn’t think I could be any more livid after the shock of NP’s departure Sunday, but watching this colourless s**tneck bumble his way through an interview has made a bad situation even worse.

Said nothing, does nothing, knows nothing.

People like Ashton were just a symptom, the Lansdowns are the malady making our club sick.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1