IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

• Admin
1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Oh 100% and I wasn't suggesting otherwise - if they didn't expect this level of backlash that's on them for misreading the signs, not for the signs not being there.

In some bizarre way it would almost be better if they held their hands up, acknowledged they made a mistake and went back to NP. It would never happen in a million years and shouldn't happen for all sorts of reasons, but it would show a humility and self-awareness that has never really evidenced itself from them up to this point.

If you go to the offices at AG, OTIB is open on a tab on all the computers. We even did some market research for them and showed them that 98% of respondents wanted Nige to have a contract extension. They simply did not like Nige speaking truth to power and got rid.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

To me it seemed the interview continued and just ended. Might just be me

The only clarity I picked out of it is that they realise they have ****** up & are surprised at our reaction.

He literally didn't know WHAT to say.

The only way these people can redeem themselves with me would be to restore Nigel forthwith or save me by dragging me from a burning building - 

They are done here.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

Nothing is right about this sacking. From the reasons they've made up to how and when it was done.
So clearly an agenda and plan to get him out, tried his health and that didn't stack up so blame results. Anyone away from the Club might be fooled, but the slightest awareness of the situation and you would question the timing.

Pearsons squad, although decimated by injuries , have competed in each game and been unlucky not to have picked up more points. 

Lets be clear, this is not a football decision, it's an excuse. LJ managed 8 consecutive defeats and carried on, it took 6 losses on the spin for them to sack Holden. 2 defeats when having to play kids who's main experience is U18 football is not a valid reason.

Yes I agree we have a decent squad, but half of them are out ! Take 12 first teamers out of the Leicester team and I think they have a hiccup .

That video was obviously an afterthought because of the obvious feeling from Fans, they should think again.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

So we have two important games coming up ... And don't have a plan but fired the manager when there is an injury crisis..

Are you kidding me?! 

I would of cut them some slack if they'd said we had to act now as we have someone lined up, but this just seems there is no plan atall ?! 

Names may get added to the list?!?🤦🏻

• Like 2

A ******* disgrace. I’ve never been this angry at the club in my 28 years of support. 

How just how can any logical person come to the rational conclusion that this squad is good enough for promotion? 

If listening to his whining insipid voice isn’t bad enough the absolute lies and rubbish coming out of it is actually infuriating.

I’m sorry that was unacceptable Jon. Please just **** off out of our football club along with your father.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 5
  • Flames 4

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Look at LJ’s last season, he did really well didn’t he! Spent approx £25M including a club record £8M fee! And was given a lot of time! After already having had 4 years of inconsistency and high spend. What a joke. 

There are jokes here. There is comedy. 

I don't know who that is interviewing, but he should have asked more about playing style. What are the principles, the keystone behaviours you are referring to Jon.

Could you explain what this model of play is Jon? I fear Lansdown Jnr would have got the plasticine out.  

I won't regurgitate my previous posts since Sunday, suffice to say I and most on here are furious.

However, I would have had some respect (just some) for Jon Lansdown if he had done a video and said something like:

We knew NP was very popular and respected by City fans but we probably underestimated this and the level he was regarded at. It was a difficult decision but we feel at this time that short term pain will mean that we get to where we want to be.

He could have acknowledged the work NP did across all age groups and the mentality within those age groups. Acknowledged that its a better place than it was when he arrived. There are loads of things he could've and should've said but he didn't. He has just skipped over NP as if he was never here!

Show some empathy, show some class, show some balls, give credit where credit is due. 2 days after sacking NP and that was the best he / they could muster!

Even give the above, I still don't think he can square this circle because whatever happens next in this car crash of events I can only see this getting worse.

• Like 8

When will they learn? 

Nothing they say would fully placate the fan base, but they would get a better response if they just came out and told the truth - no matter how much people disagree with it. 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Our chairman thinks the squad Nigel Pearson has built is "one of the best since I've been involved" - but decides to sack the manager after two defeats in a row, one week after we were eighth in the table and when he has only 12 senior players available.

Let that sink in for a minute.

He's lying. He's sitting there lying to us. It's absolutely disgraceful.

Yep.

And built that squad while also reducing the wage bill and making an enormous net gain in transfer fees.

Disgraceful excuse for an interview.

• Like 2