IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Our chairman thinks the squad Nigel Pearson has built is "one of the best since I've been involved" - but decides to sack the manager after two defeats in a row, one week after we were eighth in the table and when he has only 12 senior players available.

Let that sink in for a minute.

He's lying. He's sitting there lying to us. It's absolutely disgraceful.

It's hard to see past this isn't it.

Jon does look a bit stressed out / broken. It's not an ideal response but equally I'm not sure they quite expected this level of backlash.

They made a huge mistake here, and it's extremely difficult to think of any appointment that would be up to the level of what we had.

• Like 10

That has really rattled me to be honest. He contradicts himself a number of times throughout the interview. 

A scripted club interview was the last thing we all wanted to see, let alone it being 2 minutes long. Their really not doing themselves any favours are they.

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t want to take the piss if he has some sort of neurological disorder, but is it me or does he struggle to string a sentence together?

The real world might have done him some good. 

Probably just anxiety. If I was making a video that was about to get (quite rightly) panned universally I'd probably be the same!

I'd have a little respect if he had turned round and said that there were differences of opinion and that their vision for the club was different to Nige's.  But saying what we want the club to do when we are already doing that - and we have one of the best high presses in the Championship if you look at the stats, is utter bullshite.

• Like 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

What a pointless word salad.

We have a reasonable squad, because Nigel manager to assemble one, despite shopping in Aldi. 

Joke of a communication. 

Our squad is not good enough, sorry Jon. It would have been had you enabled Nige to sign the additional he knew we needed after selling the best player in the league. Awful statement to make and shows complete lack of football nous. 

A blatantly staged interview, undoubtedly scripted and rehearsed several times, and it's still a load of utter sh*te.

The "response" answers fek all, except what we already know, viz

- The dismissal is unjustifiable and incomprehensible.

- The Owner and Chairman are clueless, and totally disconnected from reality and fanbase.

The Lansdowns and their PR advisers aim to string this out as long as they can for fans' anger to subside. It's worked on the past for them and their kind.

However, things have changed. Fans are better informed and connected than ever before, and consequently much more savvy. It's no longer so easy to pull the wool over their eyes and appease with pathetic platitudes like "I know we've got passionate fans"

Shame we don't have a passionate Chairman and owner.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Rocky said:

A man with no football qualifications, with no experience of Management, or coaching, or playing football is deciding that the club should have one way of playing throughout the club.

They gave Lee Johnson a man whose teams morphed through styles, and oversaw a club through its XI, the U23's and academy playing anything but one way four and a half years in his role, and record sums of money.

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

That looks hastily cobbled together. It also looks like a nervous man forced to try to justify a terrible decision. He’d get a lot more kudos if he just came out and said that they’d had their difficulties behind the scenes and the working relationship couldn’t go on rather than spout all that bollocks. No one believes him so it just makes it worse. 

Edited by Orbital
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

It's hard to see past this isn't it.

Jon does look a bit stressed out / broken. It's not an ideal response but equally I'm not sure they quite expected this level of backlash.

They made a huge mistake here, and it's extremely difficult to think of any appointment that would be up to the level of what we had.

But the signs were there. Not just on here, but on the more rabid social media like Twitter and Facebook, and importantly in the ground, it was clear Nige still had the backing of the vast majority. The players clearly backed him and a decent “dof” type (hi Brian) would have gauged the changing room and fed that back.

In any business you do your research. If they didn’t expect this reaction they’re even more incompetent than we all feared.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Utterly pathetic.

The answers didn’t make any sense.

Couldn’t even be bothered to smarten himself up.

He’s got the charisma of a breeze block.

Hate this club.

I don’t know why ( as it’s spot on) but this made me chuckle. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

But the signs were there. Not just on here, but on the more rabid social media like Twitter and Facebook, and importantly in the ground, it was clear Nige still had the backing of the vast majority. The players clearly backed him and a decent “dof” type (hi Brian) would have gauged the changing room and fed that back.

In any business you do your research. If they didn’t expect this reaction they’re even more incompetent than we all feared.

Oh 100% and I wasn't suggesting otherwise - if they didn't expect this level of backlash that's on them for misreading the signs, not for the signs not being there.

In some bizarre way it would almost be better if they held their hands up, acknowledged they made a mistake and went back to NP. It would never happen in a million years and shouldn't happen for all sorts of reasons, but it would show a humility and self-awareness that has never really evidenced itself from them up to this point.

• Like 6

Just now, Cowshed said:

A man with no football qualifications, with no experience of Management, or coaching, or playing football is deciding that the club should have one way of playing throughout the club.

They gave Lee Johnson a man whose teams morphed through styles, and oversaw a club through its XI, the U23's and and academy playing anything but one way four and a half years in his role, and record sums of money.

Look at LJ’s last season, he did really well didn’t he! Spent approx £25M including a club record £8M fee! And was given a lot of time! After already having had 4 years of inconsistency and high spend. What a joke. 

• Like 4

I was expecting it to be bad but not that bad, had 2 whole days to record whatever they wanted and that’s what they land on.

They couldve actually spent a bit of time and fact checked what they’re saying isn’t contradictory…..

like this is the best squad in all the years Lansdown has been there, with 1 goalkeeper?!

“Front foot pressing team”

How did no one check before the pre record that we were the best team in the league statistically for pressing stats under Pearson?!?

• Like 11