IGNORED

How will the players react

Clutton Caveman

I think your biggest hint to how the players will react is a lesson from history, namely Leicester. Nige built that side and when he left and Ranieri came in, the quality of the people and the spirit involved meant they didn’t think about giving any less than their all for themselves, their team mates, the fans, the old gaffer and the new boss. He’s built a side with that character here and I fully expect them to react as Leicester did - maybe not by winning the league but certainly by leaving it all on the pitch.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

By most accounts Nige was leaving training to his coaches, so whilst the players will be impacted by the ridiculous sacking, during the week at the training ground, there might not be too much that’s different- the transition to just Curtis might not have that much of an impact compared to when the new head coach comes in.

Lets hope he gets them all really fired up and focussed on getting a big 3 points on Saturday. We need an energetic start and performance from whoever we have left that’s fit!!! 

The senior players have a role too- the group we have were lauded by Nige many times for setting high standards - I trust them to carry this on. He certainly did. 

• Flames 1