IGNORED

How will the players react

Clutton Caveman

Seems to me that with such a threadbare team we have stayed competitive mainly by pure hard work and effort

The players clearly bought into NP because he consistent, honest and had their backs.

So now he has gone with some of his team. Our board have shown just how clueless, disloyal and weak they are. Those that have stayed have lost their credibility by supporting the owners.

So what exactly will the players be playing for on Saturday.

Their places? Not really as we only have about 14 fit players

The Club? When they consider how such a hard working and straight manager has been treated, I doubt it.

The Crowd? If the focus is on Lansdown out the atmosphere will be pretty toxic.

Not being beaten by the bottom team? They won last week so it could happen again

Our only hope is that they rise above the situation and play for each other out of respect to their sacked coach.

I wonder if Vyner and Pring would sign new contract today?

We can only hope they'll play for us. We need to get our support right the next few weeks/months, back the players, bemoan the board. The lads on the pitch have fought tooth and nail for the Robin on their chest this season, we need to show them we recognise that and how much we appreciate them. I'll be there on Saturday, backing the boys.

• Like 11
  • Flames 5

If they’re as passionate to play and wanting to give the effort we’ve seen from them for pretty much the whole of this season, then I’m hopeful that what NP has instilled, will remain, at least until a new manager comes in. 

I suppose it could go either way but, I believe they’re professionals so they’ll be thinking about their jobs (with a new coach coming in) and a little part of me hopes they’ll want to win for Nige. 

Edited by JP Hampton

14 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

They are extremely well paid professional players and would be very surprised and disappointed if they did anything less than 100%, also may have anew manager watching which could shape their future

September 2005;the players (apparently) put in that bad display at Swansea to get rid of BT as Manager.

• Admin
1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

We can only hope they'll play for us. We need to get our support right the next few weeks/months, back the players, bemoan the board. The lads on the pitch have fought tooth and nail for the Robin on their chest this season, we need to show them we recognise that and how much we appreciate them. I'll be there on Saturday, backing the boys.

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

They are extremely well paid professional players and would be very surprised and disappointed if they did anything less than 100%, also may have anew manager watching which could shape their future

Both very valid points, but we have all seen how players at many clubs just down tools are don't perform to their best

They are mostly on very secure lucrative contracts so dropping effort for a few games etc won't impact them

In this instance it goes without saying all the vitriol will not be aimed at the pitch but to the clowns sat up in the directors box (should any of them have the bottle to actually turn up that is)

Just now, 22A said:

September 2005;the players (apparently) put in that bad display at Swansea to get rid of BT as Manager.

It happens when player power want to get rid of a manager, but no one to get rid of they can affect, only likely to damage themselves with a future manager.

They are paid employees, anyone who works for a company does not always like the decisions made or the people above them, but they have to get on with it.

I actually think they'll be up for it. I mean they're going to need to impress a new potential manager and if they're not looking to impress the next man here then they'll want to be impressing other clubs to get their attention. Either way they'll not be helping themselves by letting their head go down, that doesn't show any strength of character. 

That said, I kind it hope our fans stay away and are quiet if they go. Right now the players aren't the problem, these players will leave in time but it we want actual change then we need the board to change or them to realise they can't bully the fans and do as they please. 

I always see our fans saying they don't want the Lansdowns as owners, if that's the case hot them where it hurts, their pockets. Those who say "they already have my season ticket money", ok, they do but their asset doesn't look worth so much when the fans have turned their back. 

Simply put, if you really want to make the Lansdowns squirm, stop attending. A near empty stadium would be a real wake up call for them.

• Like 1

If I was Wednesday I would fancy this for a result. Front foot for the first 10 / 15 minutes, make sure the crowd are toxic and go for the win.

Yes our players are professional and get paid but we have all suffered seeing a good boss depart for whatever reason and know it's not a good feeling.

26 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

They’re professionals what do nurses do when the doctor is sacked they don’t down tools

Potentially and tbis is true albeit when a manager is unpopular especially with players performances can vary.

They might be as dismayed as most fans so..whether they intend it or not, a dip may result.

One things for sure, there won't be too many surprises in the line up due to player availability. Which begs the question;  why change the manager to play the same players and in the same style as before?

I'm sure they will do their best , which is more than can be said of the top brass!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This game might depend on whether Wednesday players get paid!

This is probably a huge help for us, not paid and still have to play.

Let's hope they are the ones who down tools when we go 1 up early, and then let the board have it from all parts of the ground.

I really fear for the youngsters especially if we go behind and the atmosphere does get toxic and they take it that the fans are against any of them. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

If I was Wednesday I would fancy this for a result. Front foot for the first 10 / 15 minutes, make sure the crowd are toxic and go for the win.

Yes our players are professional and get paid but we have all suffered seeing a good boss depart for whatever reason and know it's not a good feeling.

Definitely. With their first win under the belt and us in chaos, this is going to be a very different challenge than we might forecast.

Unfortunately protests at the Gate rarely work as cider/lager quota seems more important to us - which to be fair is understandable.

This takes away any large gathering outside stadium at like 1pm with Lansdown out type banners so the next best option would be like 2:40 in the stands for 15 mins before the team comes out but that will not happen - that is last orders in the concourse time !!

So for me the option is do nothing but cheer the team and support until about 3:30 when there is a few minutes of NP’s red and white army and then something aimed at the Lansdown and preferably (for me anyway) their new 🐍 sidekick. **** Off Lansdown, **** Off Tinman in a loop will work.

This way we 💯 support the players with no booing but the targets get the message presuming they even have the balls to turn up - press will pick up on it as will their other brown tongued disciples so they will find out  👀