IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

11 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'd rather have bloody Parker from Thunderbirds

He’s not the worst on the list.

Available (no compo), a coach, 2 promotions (I think?!) from the championship, didn’t work out in Belgium but he does well in the Championship, I’d take him over Lampard or some of the other names suggested

Edited by Nugget

15 minutes ago, Nugget said:

He’s not the worst on the list.

Available (no compo), a coach, 2 promotions (I think?!) from the championship, didn’t work out in Belgium but he does well in the Championship, I’d take him over Lampard or some of the other names suggested

And all whilst driving Lady Penelope about? Fair f$*cking play....

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

OK, its only from Wikipedia but this possible quote rules Parker out for me.

Following the Liverpool match, Parker expressed his frustrations with the club's transfer policy, stating they were currently "unequipped" for the Premier League.

If Bournemouth were "unequipped" then what are we!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, QuedgeRed said:

I think they’re gonna go big.

They want to sell, premier would attract more money. Realised it’s not happening with NP. Got rid in time for new guy to take stock of existing players before Jan window. Free(ish) reign to buy whoever. Big push for promotion. 
🙏🙏🙏

We’ve just dug ourselves out of a FFFP hole and now we’re going to create another one. Don’t see it in the slightest. To compete against parachute teams in this league will cost us £30m at least in fees and wages. No chance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We’ve just dug ourselves out of a FFFP hole and now we’re going to create another one. Don’t see it in the slightest. To compete against parachute teams in this league will cost us £30m at least in fees and wages. No chance.

Agree. We (sort of) went for it big 17-19. We didn’t quite make it. We were unlucky covid came along just when it did. We got ourselves deep in financial shit as a result. We’ve just about managed to extricate ourselves. Lansdown is by nature cautious - we’re not heading back there any time soon. Well, that’s my view anyway! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:
14 hours ago, QuedgeRed said:

Under normal circumstances I agree totally, but if successful they could sell by June and it would no longer be their problem.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

OK, its only from Wikipedia but this possible quote rules Parker out for me.

Following the Liverpool match, Parker expressed his frustrations with the club's transfer policy, stating they were currently "unequipped" for the Premier League.

If Bournemouth were "unequipped" then what are we!

Parker has so far been a moaner about wages etc.

He's had it easy street in management, gilded path ie a club flush with Parachute money and inevitable sale of a player Sessegnon Fulham, Danjuma at Bournemouth with a PL reputation to bolster the budget further. Wealthy owners too.

Bournemouth newly promoted and a bit under equipped in part is a challenge and instead of cracking on he just moaned. If that was him outwardly facing, imagine how toxic he may have been internally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm still surprised Luke Williams is apparently not under consideration. My guess would be one of Liam Manning, John Mousinho or Steven Schumacher. 

Maybe a year ago when he was still in League One I could see it, I just don't see it happening now with Schumacher, have to imagine he'd aim higher than us if he was to leave Argyle right now.

• Robin 1