IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

As it appears we will now be reverting to the MA/LJ type structure with Tinnion as Technical Director rather than CEO or DoF, it would seem to cross off many managerial types from the availability list in favour of a youngish head coach.

So, with that in mind, what candidates who are out there would be suitable ?

I'm thinking it will probably be someone from a lower league club already doing a similar job with some success or from a club higher up currently in an assistant role. 

I'll start the ball rolling with Luke Williams or maybe Ali Hines as an internal appointment (cue a meltdown).

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Luke Williams is definitely the right type they're looking for & if true that he still gets on well with Tinnion then...

Yep, posted this before Nige was sacked.

Him or Liam Manning would be the most likely, I reckon.

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, and left under a bit of a cloud. But I don't think that would prohibit him from coming back.

Doing a good job at Notts.

He definitely fits the profile of a Lansdown appointment; a familiar face, cheap, unproven, unlikely to rock the boat...

But it would be a punt wouldn't it?! A massive gamble. 

For anyone else as ignorant as me: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67090256

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

I know nothing about Williams if anyone fancies sharing?

Notts County one of the best playing sides I watched last season. Seriously impressive. 

I certainly wouldn’t be against it. Fits the bill. Always spoke really well in the 23s media bits too. 

Left under a dark cloud, but no idea if that was to do with the club, or just Ashton. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Luke Williams is definitely the right type they're looking for & if true that he still gets on well with Tinnion then...

By "right type" you mean "yes man" ? He was part of that Swindon set up as assistant to Lee Power the Chairman-Manager... Mark Cooper and Martin Ling didn't hang around Power for long... Williams was there throughout and eventually became full time manager. Looks perfect for a chairman/DoF that want to dictate the managers team selection.

Neither Williams or Manning are particularly inspiring to me... how they can be considered an improvement on Pearson I find mind boggling

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Notts County one of the best playing sides I watched last season. Seriously impressive. 

I certainly wouldn’t be against it. Fits the bill. Always spoke really well in the 23s media bits too. 

Left under a dark cloud, but no idea if that was to do with the club, or just Ashton. 

Cheers mucker. That does sound promising.

I do worry though about the huge step up. Looks risky to me and he didn't seem especially charismatic in 1 minute interview I watched, but that's not necessarily something to judge him by. 

Whoever gets the role needs to super effective on the training ground, in the dressing room and pitchside and they have to be able to handle the heat, especially given the circs. 

BIG job for a L2 gaffer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, posted this before Nige was sacked.

Him or Liam Manning would be the most likely, I reckon.

Yep, Williams and Manning both appear to favour high press, high intensity games and both have a good reputation for bringing young players through. Williams has the edge I would say, purely because of the City/Tinnion connection but Manning has been operating at a higher level.

1 minute ago, DCT10 said:

By "right type" you mean "yes man" ? He was part of that Swindon set up as assistant to Lee Power the Chairman-Manager... Mark Cooper and Martin Ling didn't hang around Power for long... Williams was there throughout and eventually became full time manager. Looks perfect for a chairman/DoF that want to dictate the managers team selection.

Neither Williams or Manning are particularly inspiring to me... how they can be considered an improvement on Pearson I find mind boggling

Due deference to Nigel but we're discussing the prospect of a Technical Director/Head Coach set up and who would fit into it.

Williams is not a yes man as far as I can make out and I would hope that the HC selects the team ala MA/LJ set up.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Managed Conway and Bell in the U23's for a bit during his time here.  It wouldn't surprise me, and maybe a little bit more forward thinking than the likes of Rowett, Nathan Jones et al.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

Managed Conway and Bell in the U23's for a bit during his time here.  It wouldn't surprise me, and maybe a little bit more forward thinking than the likes of Rowett, Nathan Jones et al.    

Surely Rowett can’t be considered now the club are on record saying they want to play on the front foot