IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

53 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Luke Williams is definitely the right type they're looking for & if true that he still gets on well with Tinnion then...

I think he's top of my list right now by some distance, and that is so depressing. Aside of course from getting Nige back.

Edited by nebristolred

15 minutes ago, mozo said:

Cheers mucker. That does sound promising.

I do worry though about the huge step up. Looks risky to me and he didn't seem especially charismatic in 1 minute interview I watched, but that's not necessarily something to judge him by. 

Whoever gets the role needs to super effective on the training ground, in the dressing room and pitchside and they have to be able to handle the heat, especially given the circs. 

BIG job for a L2 gaffer.

It is, but Rob Edwards shows that a genuinely very good coach coming into the right environment means it matters not the league you’re in. 

My hunch is that’s exactly what the club want to go down. Someone who’s a ‘first’ for the club, we’re not just another club they’ve succeeded at in their cv, ala Pearson. 

8 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Ian Evatt could be a good option

Why on earth would he leave a similar sized club in the North who are 3rd, so in with a very good chance of promotion, to join us?

Gary Owers said him too, I can’t believe for a moment he’d be interested.

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Interesting. 
I posted on another thread last night about how I was impressed by how Rowett set his Millwall side up against us in Dec 2019. 
I mentioned how it was the first time I’d really seen someone playing a 3-2-5. 
Williams is similar. 
I’ve no idea how Rowett went from this exciting 3-2-5 to football that even Millwall fans thought was dull. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Surely Rowett can’t be considered now the club are on record saying they want to play on the front foot 

I don't think it'll be Rowett, no.

I suppose Wade Elliott should be mentioned if we're talking about young training pitch coaches with previous experience here. Literally lives about 5m walk from Ashton Gate too.

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

I know nothing about Williams if anyone fancies sharing?

Uses a 3 centre back system, massive focus on possession (Notts has averaged over 60% both last year in the National League and so far this year in League Two). This article is a good read and goes a little more in depth. As others have mentioned he's worked here before with the youth sides so I imagine he'll be somewhat familiar with the lads who've made the step up from the academy.

I mentioned it in another thread but he's probably the only realistic option where I'd still be excited to have him on despite all the turmoil that seems to be happening around the club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobinTuga said:

Uses a 3 centre back system, massive focus on possession (Notts has averaged over 60% both last year in the National League and so far this year in League Two). This article is a good read and goes a little more in depth. As others have mentioned he's worked here before with the youth sides so I imagine he'll be somewhat familiar with the lads who've made the step up from the academy.

I mentioned it in another thread but he's probably the only realistic option where I'd still be excited to have him on despite all the turmoil that seems to be happening around the club.

Thanks. What happened to him at Swindon?

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Why on earth would he leave a similar sized club in the North who are 3rd, so in with a very good chance of promotion, to join us?

Gary Owers said him too, I can’t believe for a moment he’d be interested.

Not sure that’s a strong reason.It is a step up even if not huge and managers like making step ups. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Surprised no-one has mentioned Steven Schumacher at Plymouth. Done a great job since Lowe moved to PNE.  

They’re in our division.

Their owner is sound.

He doesn’t get any interference from a DoF.

Why on earth would he move here?

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

Did he have cash to spend - perhaps not Wrexham levels but more than the competition? Regardless, 100+ points always impressive.