IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

Just now, RobinTuga said:

Maybe a year ago when he was still in League One I could see it, I just don't see it happening now with Schumacher, have to imagine he'd aim higher than us if he was to leave Argyle right now.

You may very well be right. The only thing I'd say is that he could feel that right now is when his stock at Plymouth is at its highest and that - if they go down or continue struggle in the Championship - his name will slip out the reckoning for those better opportunites  as other managers succeed elsewhere. But I think there's a good chance he could decide we're not the right move. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You may very well be right. The only thing I'd say is that he could feel that right now is when his stock at Plymouth is at its highest and that - if they go down or continue struggle in the Championship - his name will slip out the reckoning for those better opportunites  as other managers succeed elsewhere. But I think there's a good chance he could decide we're not the right move. 

Yeah, feel like ultimately it's the wrong timing for it happen.

27 minutes ago, chowie said:

or Oliver Glasner

Was on the shortlist for the Rangers job.

He won the Europa League in 2022, has twice won promotion to the Bundesliga & the sides he’s been in charge of qualified for Europe 7 years (2107-2023) running.

Admire the ambition but this would suggest he’s way out of our current league.

Can you imagine Tinnion presenting him with a list of players to sign?

If KITR is saying the bloke on the shortlist is German, he’s also Austrian.

Edited by GrahamC

37 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm still surprised Luke Williams is apparently not under consideration. My guess would be one of Liam Manning, John Mousinho or Steven Schumacher. 

I agree, I think all of them fit what it is they’re looking for. I’ve always liked Schumacher and what an incredible job he’s done at Plymouth. As soon as the news came through of NPs sacking I was shocked not to see him as a front runner. 

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was on the shortlist for the Rangers job.

He won the Europa League in 2022, has twice won promotion to the Bundesliga & the sides he’s been in charge of qualified for Europe 7 years (2107-2023) running.

Admire the ambition but this would suggest he’s way out of our current league.

Can you imagine Tinnion presenting him with a list of players to sign?

If KITR is saying the bloke on the shortlist is German, he’s also Austrian.

Yep, he’s waiting for his next ‘project’ apparently.

I can’t imagine most coaches taking crap off BT to be fair.

I only noted him as DaveF’s name was also Austrian so was adding another Austrian.

• Like 1

If we don't announce anyone today seems very likely we didn't have anyone lined up. 

Fully expecting another Holden standard appointment to be honest. 

Hopefully we stay up and The Lansdownes sell up in the summer. Cos will only be a matter of time until we are back in league one otherwise.

48 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

If we don't announce anyone today seems very likely we didn't have anyone lined up. 

Fully expecting another Holden standard appointment to be honest. 

Hopefully we stay up and The Lansdownes sell up in the summer. Cos will only be a matter of time until we are back in league one otherwise.

There is always the possibility someone was lined up but there was a failure to ensure they were interested and/or available…

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bredwood said:

I think we should be the first club to appoint an AI manager. We'd just feed the data in of the player's performances in the last match and in training and also the opposition data and the computer would print out the team and the tactics for the next match.

Or is that just the same as having @Davefevs as manager?

There’s a big difference between ChatGTP and ChatSHIT

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've seen people mention Mousinho (I have no idea who this is...again).

Has there been any kind of rumour or link, or is it just one that we think meets the criteria?

People are looking at League One & guessing, (Manning aside) I think.

They are top, still unbeaten & in a poor division this year will really fancy their chances of getting back to the Championship.

Like Evatt, I just can’t see the attraction of joining us.

Oxford are doing well but play in a three sided ground they don’t own, which makes it far more likely to me.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

Bo Svennson would be a great 'vibesy' appointment (not to be confused with the Swedish actor)

This is well worth a watch.

Firstly, unsurprisingly for a Dane, he speaks flawless English.

Secondly the opposition he is talking about beating, Bayern Munich, their starting XI is just incredible.

Tactically this bloke is top drawer, but unlike Glasner I genuinely don’t think he’s out of our league, Mainz is not a big club.

Mentioned him a few days ago but watching this I’d be straight on the phone for a chat if I was involved.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, bredwood said:

I think we should be the first club to appoint an AI manager. We'd just feed the data in of the player's performances in the last match and in training and also the opposition data and the computer would print out the team and the tactics for the next match.

Or is that just the same as having @Davefevs as manager?

... asa I stated in a previous post, I would prefer the manager was A Person   (please rearrange the letters to suit).

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is well worth a watch.

Firstly, unsurprisingly for a Dane, he speaks flawless English.

Secondly the opposition he is talking about beating, Bayern Munich, their starting XI is just incredible.

Tactically this bloke is top drawer, but unlike Glaser I genuinely don’t think he’s out of our league, Mainz is not a big club.

Mentioned him a few days ago but watching this I’d be straight on the phone for a chat if I was involved.

I hope you are right, but I think I read that in Germany he is talked about as the next Klopp/Tuchel so he may have his sights set higher than us. Time will tell

Just now, devoncider said:

I hope you are right, but I think I read that in Germany he is talked about as the next Klopp/Tuchel so he may have his sights set higher than us. Time will tell

Sacked with Mainz at the bottom of the league.

His stock was higher when he saved them from relegation after taking over when they had 7 points at the halfway stage.

Not say he would definitely join but unlike a guy who won the Europa League recently I think it was at least possible.

• Like 1

Was he in charge if Mainz last year? Svensson.

I watched Borussia Dortmund v Mainz final day of last year when in Sky, Mainz midtable with several losses, Borussia Dortmund just needing a win to get the title and at home too.

Borussia Dortmund went too quick, nervous energy but I thought Mainz were really strong on the break, excellent watch and could have scored a lot more than the 2 they did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was he in charge if Mainz last year? Svensson.

I watched Borussia Dortmund v Mainz final day of last year when in Sky, Mainz midtable with several losses, Borussia Dortmund just needing a win to get the title and at home too.

Borussia Dortmund went too quick, nervous energy but I thought Mainz were really strong on the break, excellent watch and could have scored a lot more than the 2 they did.

He was at Mainz last season, stepped down from this role a couple of days ago…..

• Thanks 1