IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

10 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

My mate just saw Enoch Showunmi at Bedminster ASDA buying a 32 pack of Lucazade sport and a whistle… make of this what you will. 

That’s nothing. I saw Alan Dicks in the barbers having a trim (as you do before an interview). You’re never too old for a comeback 

8 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

@Spike

You’ve typed all that most of it is going on about cutting the wage and our financial situation….HOW MANY MORE TIMES!

Whoever was in charge had to take a squad with minimal investment, whilst THE BOARD sorted out the finance and everything else. Whoever was the manager might of done better, or could have done worse. But surely you could see the club needed a change and for me the board clearly wasn’t happy with Pearson, personally and probably for his style of football

Anyone with common sense could see that other than Joe James, the other 10 players were first team players against Cardiff. So yes we could of got something against them, they weren’t exactly brilliant.

Some people got to accept that the championship Fergie is gone now, and look to the future.

"UncleSteve" more like....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

NP came here with 8 years of failure on his cv. Lampard was trusted with Chelsea in the last 24 months. 

Lampard could come in and fail. Just like Eustace, Rowett or Jones. Who cares if they call us FL BCFC. Better to be known as that than 17th again BCFC. Club needs change. Think we all know from the top but until then it is swapping managers and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. 

8 years of failure? Based on what? Not winning something you value? 

Almost every club that's had Pearson has said he'd helped their club in some form of another. If you think that's failure then that's your interpretation, I would consider having the admiration of previous clubs is a massive success considering agonist every manager who is sacked from a job will be hated by that clubs fans. 

I think it's fair to say Pearson is a fixer, he goes to clubs and fixes what's broken and usually gets sacked because he tells it as it is and boards don't like their fans hearing what actually going on. Or the board gets over ambitious based on how well Pearson is turning things around and they think that it's their doing entirely.

I mean in Leicesters case maybe that was the one occasion where the infrastructure was right and they appointed well after Pearson left which allowed them to build on what he did but in most cases you get the board realising that despite Pearson being too vocal what he was saying was actually true, and what follows is a bad appointment followed by a manager  who can't maintain what Pearson put in place. 

Nothing anyone says will change my mind that Pearson did an incredible job here because he was given nothing and improved us despite that, despite the board not wanting him any more and despite the fact that they even hamstringed him right before this season. 

Lampard managed Chelsea for the same reason we had Tinnion, would you say Tinnion was a manager because he was the best manager available? Or would you say the board took the cheap option that would at the very least have the fans back the manager because of his history as a player? You don't have to actually answer that, we both know the answer.

By the way, Franks first game game in charge of Chelsea, biggest loss they'd suffered since 1978. 

Another fun fact about Lampard at Chelsea, his second run as mashed produced the first bottom half finish since 1996 and the lowest points and goals scored in Chelseas Premier League era. He also got sacked with the worst percentage (9%) of all Chelsea managers who managed for more than 3 games, but let's not let those statistics ruin a big name manager. 

• Like 3

Just now, Riaz said:

But at least he's had impressive spells and success.

Severely lacking on Lampards CV

Years ago though. Frank hasn’t really had a chance to be successful. Walked into nightmares every job after Derby. His fault for choosing to do so of course. Just think he knows his options are running out and will have a point to prove. He has a progressive and pressing style. I don’t think it would be a disaster hire unless he is promised things from SL and he doesn’t deliver. 

54 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The best club manager   of recent times................Guardiola?  And Zidane, Trapatonni, Deschamps, Capello, and as someone mentioned already Dalgleish. But apart  from one of the greats Jock Stein (The only manager to win a European Cup with a team made up of players all from their home city?)  No other Brits of any consequence I can think of?     Going back a fair bit?  Alf Ramsey  Ha!

The great Brian Clough ???

• Like 2

The number of new or rarely participating posters with 'Board' supportive views is laughable - liking each others posts is an especially entertaining feature of their engagement. Haven't the club's media team got anything better to do? The comms are - and have been for a some time - abysmal.

• Like 9

My better half is a lifelong Chelsea fan. She feels that Lampard revived the club in his first run as boss and was crucial at bringing youth through during the transfer ban era. Tuchel obviously came in and won the CL but she feels that it was Lampard that blooded the youngsters and enabled them to go on and achieve what they did. She was livid when they went back to throwing money at players and not giving their own youth a chance.

Obviously everything has gone rather 'different' for them now but that can't be blamed on him.

And yes, the prospect of being able to meet him if he takes the job here has her very excited indeed!

Edited by The Nest Egg

• Admin
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Go look at his net spend during the entire duration of his second spell in charge. 

I’ll save you the trouble. Transfermarkt so not 100% but gives you an idea. Does it in Euros and exchange rate different then. 

11/12 season - Spent 12-15m. Sold 1-2m

12/13 season - Spent 5-6m. Sold 1-2m

13/14 season - Spent 500k Sold about 1m

So a bit of a myth he performed miracles there isn’t it? Keep in mind was 10-12 years ago when the record fees were for Ronaldo’s and Bales well under 100m quid. He got LJ level backing and it took 3 seasons. Like most “winners” he needed money to be successful. 

Bit weird to call Sven's spending in the 11/12 season Nige's but whatever makes you happy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The number of new or rarely participating posters with 'Board' supportive views is laughable - liking each others posts is an especially entertaining feature of their engagement. Haven't the club's media team got anything better to do? The comms are - and have been for a some time - abysmal.

Maybe not everyone shares the same view as you? 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 3

Reading here seems quite a good chance that FL will be the new 'Head coach' or 'Manager'...  especially from the poster few pages back who really seems ITK re the friend of FL😀 We shall see on this.

He has played at the highest level, he has worked with managers at the highest levels and if you cannot draw experience from that then we are all doomed. I was a great fan of NP and still very p1ssed off at his departure, but the king is dead, long live the king !

Re this Head coach v Manager.  Some time earlier this year at a senior Robins lunch down the Gate,  Steve Lansdown was guest speaker.  As always came across very well.  I actually asked him when he was on the floor, taking  questions, why NP was a manager and the previous incumbents were Head Coaches.... what was the difference.  He actually replied to effect.. None and he was not bothered what they called themselves, all a bit strange and I was none the wiser 😀

So will FL (or who ever) be the HC or the manager, and TBH seems irrelevant.   

• Like 1