IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Presumably he would want a big budget for new signings? Ain’t gonna happen. 

Plus he is a crap manager…

Is he? Did a great job with Chelsea when under a transfer embargo with their young talent (including Tammy) and got Derby to the play off final. He failed at Everton, but inherited a club in a tailspin. We could do worse than appoint Frank. But of course we won't.

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Is he? Did a great job with Chelsea when under a transfer embargo with their young talent (including Tammy) and got Derby to the play off final. He failed at Everton, but inherited a club in a tailspin. We could do worse than appoint Frank. But of course we won't.

We could do worse than Frank, but not much worse.  Peter Reid would be worse as would Paul Merson 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I’ve got a funny feeling it’s gonna be him. All adds up, potential new owners wanting a big name? 

The one name that truly scares me.

Has done absolutely nothing but confirm that great players rarely make great coaches.

Would imagine that this is the type of manager that the Lansdown’s would help deflect criticism away from the glaring error of sacking Nigel Pearson, all because he disagreed with them, and probably told them they had football shit for brains.

The “it’s my trainset” school of management that has brought no success in 20 years. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Firstly - I wouldn’t be surprised if Lampard was interested. His reputation currently is such that he needs to look at this level and he is more of a coach than a manager. Albeit not a very good one.

Surprisingly, as he is quite an intelligent man, I’ve always found his football intelligence lacking. If you look at that Golden Generation side, the reason him and Gerrard didn’t work is because Lampard just couldn’t play CM - he kept trying to play on top of the front men (as he did with Chelsea where it was one up top and him behind) and it left Gerrard isolated in the centre and overrun. Basic intelligence on positioning - other than in the specific role he played for his club - was lacking. That lack of intelligence has been carried forward into management - I’ve found his teams to be set up naively and without any real nouse, relying just on an individual doing well (as happened with Derby).

Very good player in a specific system. Shockingly, no real nouse for the game outside of that.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Firstly - I wouldn’t be surprised if Lampard was interested. His reputation currently is such that he needs to look at this level and he is more of a coach than a manager. Albeit not a very good one.

Surprisingly, as he is quite an intelligent man, I’ve always found his football intelligence lacking. If you look at that Golden Generation side, the reason him and Gerrard didn’t work is because Lampard just couldn’t play CM - he kept trying to play on top of the front men (as he did with Chelsea where it was one up top and him behind) and it left Gerrard isolated in the centre and overrun. Basic intelligence on positioning - other than in the specific role he played for his club - was lacking. That lack of intelligence has been carried forward into management - I’ve found his teams to be set up naively and without any real nouse, relying just on an individual doing well (as happened with Derby).

Very good player in a specific system. Shockingly, no real nouse for the game outside of that.

Wow!

If only all those other top class managers who continually selected him had your in depth football awareness and knowledge

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1