IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Did he? Had an established championship team that finished in the play-offs the year previously.

Loaned in Mason Mount & Tomori - champions league level players shortly after and ended up with the same result. Losing in the play-offs.

Harry Wilson too.

(Sold Vydra and Weimann though and think some older players took less of a role). Still however.. he didn't do all that much there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

16 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Did he? Had an established championship team that finished in the play-offs the year previously.

Loaned in Mason Mount & Tomori - champions league level players shortly after and ended up with the same result. Losing in the play-offs.

He used his contacts at Chelsea to get some rising stars in but ended up losing in the playoff final to a pretty decent Villa team,  The Viilla team wasn't too bad though,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_EFL_Championship_play-off_final

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I’d quite like Hassenhutl 

Actually, so would I.

I saw a headline in Bristol Live a few days ago, suggesting that City were interested in Steve C (extremely unlikely, for me) and the ex-Southampton manager.

Whoopee, I thought, only to discover they were talking about Nathan Jones 🤨.

• Like 2

As I said on Monday on another thread, Lampard wants the job and has made contact. I spoke to my mate again this morning and he has said that Frank will be interviewed, and he is very keen to come here. After the chat I had with my mate this am, who is very good friends with Frank, I would be very very surprised if he is not our next manager. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

As I said on Monday on another thread, Lampard wants the job and has made contact. I spoke to my mate again this morning and he has said that Frank will be interviewed, and he is very keen to come here. After the chat I had with my mate this am, who is very good friends with Frank, I would be very very surprised if he is not our next manager. 

Yep, I’ve been told that his agent was at AG yesterday.

3 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

pinocchio GIF

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

You absolutely sure, mate? Because yesterday I emailed my mate and said: "John Eustace." Only to have to email again today, to say: "Er, forget John Eustace." I don't want tomorrow mate to be emailing my mate: "Mate, forget Frank Lampard. Be in touch tomorrow." 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

You absolutely sure, mate? Because yesterday I emailed my mate and said: "John Eustace." Only to have to email again today, to say: "Er, forget John Eustace." I don't want tomorrow mate to be emailing my mate: "Mate, forget Frank Lampard. Be in touch tomorrow." 

You can email your mate whatever you wish, that is your business. I only know, that a very good friend of Franks, has been told directly by him, he wants the job, he's been in contact, he is due to be interviewed and he was due to be playing golf tomorrow and has cancelled it to meet the club. 

Edited by robinforlife2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

You can email your mate whatever you wish, that is your business. I only know, that a very good friends of Franks, has been told directly by him, he wants the job, he's been in contact, he is due to be interviewed and he was due to be playing golf tomorrow and has cancelled it to meet the club

Its that level of detail that makes it sound so believable.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, robinforlife2 said:

You can email your mate whatever you wish, that is your business. I only know, that a very good friend of Franks, has been told directly by him, he wants the job, he's been in contact, he is due to be interviewed and he was due to be playing golf tomorrow and has cancelled it to meet the club. 

Playing golf - in this weather? 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Me too, I booked a golf game for when Storm Ciaran lands. 

7 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

And then you could blame Steve Pantsdown.

Didn't you get the briefs?

1 minute ago, !james said:

Spoke to my mate who was playing waterpolo with Neil Warnock today, said he was interested and meeting the club tomorrow

Couldn't they have used a ball instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Yep, I’ve been told that his agent was at AG yesterday.

So his agent, for whatever reason not Frank himself, went to AG, where no one else is based, when there was an u21 game going on so would’ve been in plain sight?

Is his agent u21 by any chance? And play for either us or Watford?

Edited by petehinton
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Lansdown likes a bit of golf mind ...

9 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Nah, he's cancelled golf cause he's seen the weather forecast. I've done the same but I'm not been called to interview.

• Haha 1