IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

13 minutes ago, mozo said:

I wonder if he's nervous right now? He'll be sat in the waiting room running through examples to use for the competency based questions. 

"Can you give us an example of when you worked as part of team? By Team we mean having another guy telling you the style of football he wants you to play, using the players he wants you to use?"

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

Reading here seems quite a good chance that FL will be the new 'Head coach' or 'Manager'...  especially from the poster few pages back who really seems ITK re the friend of FL😀 We shall see on this.

He has played at the highest level, he has worked with managers at the highest levels and if you cannot draw experience from that then we are all doomed. I was a great fan of NP and still very p1ssed off at his departure, but the king is dead, long live the king !

Re this Head coach v Manager.  Some time earlier this year at a senior Robins lunch down the Gate,  Steve Lansdown was guest speaker.  As always came across very well.  I actually asked him when he was on the floor, taking  questions, why NP was a manager and the previous incumbents were Head Coaches.... what was the difference.  He actually replied to effect.. None and he was not bothered what they called themselves, all a bit strange and I was none the wiser 😀

So will FL (or who ever) be the HC or the manager, and TBH seems irrelevant.   

You my friend have fallen for a lie

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Replacing Nigel Pearson with Frank Lampard would be like replacing Alex Scott with Bas Savage...

To be fair, Lampard has had a 5 year managerial career whilst Pearson has had a 25 year managerial career. 
And Frank has managed 2 clubs which are much bigger than anything Nigel ever managed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Re this Head coach v Manager.  Some time earlier this year at a senior Robins lunch down the Gate,  Steve Lansdown was guest speaker.  As always came across very well.  I actually asked him when he was on the floor, taking  questions, why NP was a manager and the previous incumbents were Head Coaches.... what was the difference.  He actually replied to effect.. None and he was not bothered what they called themselves, all a bit strange and I was none the wiser 

That seems rather odd. NP said on numerous occasions that he doesn't see himself as a coach. That isn't his strength. So, if Tinnion is heading recruitment and they want someone who actually coaches the players then you are looking for a coach, not a manager. Seems a fairly clear distinction?

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

To be fair, Lampard has had a 5 year managerial career whilst Pearson has had a 25 year managerial career. 
And Frank has managed 2 clubs which are much bigger than anything Nigel ever managed. 

Hang on a minute, you’ve used common sense here. Rare on here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Riaz said:

But at least he's had impressive spells and success.

Severely lacking on Lampards CV

In addition to my earlier comments. 

Lampard and Pearson both managed the same club, Derby, within 2 year of each other. 
Pearson took a team that had finished 5th and promptly went Won 1, Drawn 3, Lost 5 and got sacked before the end of September. 
Lampard took a team that had finished 6th and lost in the playoff semi, and took them to 6th and a playoff final. 

So, if you compare the body of work that both of them did at the SAME club within 2 years, Lampard’s achievements far outweigh Pearson’s. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

3 clubs. One of which two spells.

4 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I'm afraid to like your post incase they see the connection

who exactly is 'they'??? This is a well developed forum for sharing views on Bristol City - supportive or critical. It's developed over years. What's new is a flood of recently activated accounts, all with WUM tendencies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think that's kind of the issue though. Even accepting that Lampard did a decent job for a spell at Chelsea, managing a large organisation is very different to managing a small one. I don't see anything in Lampard's CV that suggests he's the right man to get a team with a relatively low salary spend to punch above its weight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Bit weird to call Sven's spending in the 11/12 season Nige's but whatever makes you happy.

Oh he didn’t personally spend all the money so it means he done a great job. Yet Lampard is awful because inherited a good squad😵‍💫 he didn’t benefit at all from Beckford, Morgan, Schmeicel, Drinkwater or Nugent did he? Point remains he wasn’t a miracle worker. I did see appointed 2011 so that’s on me for not seeing it was November. Like I said though, benefited massively from a huge spend

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Go look at his net spend during the entire duration of his second spell in charge. 

I’ll save you the trouble. Transfermarkt so not 100% but gives you an idea. Does it in Euros and exchange rate different then. 

11/12 season - Spent 12-15m. Sold 1-2m

12/13 season - Spent 5-6m. Sold 1-2m

13/14 season - Spent 500k Sold about 1m

So a bit of a myth he performed miracles there isn’t it? Keep in mind was 10-12 years ago when the record fees were for Ronaldo’s and Bales well under 100m quid. He got LJ level backing and it took 3 seasons. Like most “winners” he needed money to be successful. 

Of the £15m spent in 11/12 - £12m was spent by Sven.

So net £3m spent by NP, three players were released on highly paid terms the same month in an attempt to balance the expenditure.

12/13 he sold Mills for £2m, Bamba Undisclosed (thought to be £800k), Peltier Undisclosed (thought to be £500k)

Signed de Laet, James, Vardy, Knoackaert all for £1m apiece, Wood undisclosed but suggested fee is £1m, so all told a net spend of £1.7m.

I.e. total is a net spend of circa £4.2m.

In regards to wages NP was working to reduce them in his time there, but they had high earners they couldn't shift including the likes of Gallagher, St. Ledger, Beckford, Danns, and Wellens who were all loaned out.

I'm not going to deny Leicester were not high spending, especially with regards to salaries which is still applicable. But suggesting the false context above (that NP spent the whole £15m, which he did not) diminishes what NP did to an unreasonable extent. You can ask Leicester fans how he sorted them back out in his second spell. There's a reason he's so respected there. Otherwise he'd have less respect for what he achieved similar to Parker with Fulham for example.

Edited by Fuber

39 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Reading here seems quite a good chance that FL will be the new 'Head coach' or 'Manager'...  especially from the poster few pages back who really seems ITK re the friend of FL😀

sorry to do this but does anyone know when this was posted so i can find it please?

edit: got it :)

Edited by jbcfc
so no one wastes a comment letting me know!

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

who exactly is 'they'??? This is a well developed forum for sharing views on Bristol City - supportive or critical. It's developed over years. What's new is a flood of recently activated accounts, all with WUM tendencies.

Maybe it's not people paid by the club maybe it's fans for years that have discovered this place there's a few I know in "real life" that have signed up very recently and are no more or less a real city fan than the rest of us.

Edited by johnheadbcfc
  • Hmmm 1