IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think that's kind of the issue though. Even accepting that Lampard did a decent job for a spell at Chelsea, managing a large organisation is very different to managing a small one. I don't see anything in Lampard's CV that suggests he's the right man to get a team with a relatively low salary spend to punch above its weight. 

Surely to an extent that exactly when he's proven to be at his best, finishing top 4 in the Prem with a Chelsea side that lost its best player and couldn't spend anything against clubs spending hundreds of millions is that not them punching above their weight at the time in terms of resources? Taking a Derby side that has lost basically it's entire strike force and getting them back into the playoffs (obviously helped by some probably expensive loans, but don't remember Derby spending huge money outside of that, could be wrong though) and to the final and only losing to a side that had spent huge amounts and was truly in the last chance saloon before having massive financial issues. 

It seems more when he has money to spend that he may struggle, but he still built the team thst pretty much won the CL for Chelsea. 

You can put any slant on any manager, you can give Pearson Massive credit for what he Did at Leicester, but if you really wanted to put a slant on it you could say he had a team mostly capable of winning the prem and nearly got them relegated and failed miserably, which is clearly bollocks but if you treat that season in isolation compared only to the next one he's done a piss poor job with a squad including Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater etc etc. 

I am by no means a Lampard fan, although it would maybe be nice for us to be that annoying team that are Frank Lampard's Bristol City rather than a footballing backwater, which most people can't even be arsed to get our name right in the media (we are not ******* Bristol that's the rugby) 

Just want bloody Nige back to be fair. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Cant wait for this to be shut down by Bristol live, just for us to do the same thing with both Luke Williams and Liam manning. 4 large rumours, 4 shortened odds. One new HC. Curtis Fleming. 

Given up fantasising that the board will make decent decisions anymore.  

Post now reporting Lampard is not under consideration

2 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

It's going to be bloody Nathan Jones isn't it!

Not if we win the next two games....

I still can't shake the feeling that they are waiting for those two results, if they are positive the Fleming will be given the job.

If not, and they have to look elsewhere my preference would be for Luke Williams.

4 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

Post now reporting Lampard is not under consideration

Nor Eustace, according to the same blog. Methinks there was no plan and, insofar as there was a plan, it isn’t going to plan and, moreover, although an ad hoc plan may be under construction, nothing is certain on the planning front. At the end of the day it will be whoever’s available, affordable and willing, which may turn out to be a short and fairly unattractive list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Piercy 

Frank Lampard not currently under consideration

Just on the Frank Lampard links, we understand there’s been no contact with the former Chelsea manager and it’s another case of the betting markets being spooked.

As it stands, he’s not under consideration to take over at Ashton Gate and, if you’re being honest with it, he probably doesn’t quite conform to the idea of the sort of head coach City want.

2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Methinks there was no plan and, insofar as there was a plan, it isn’t going to plan and, moreover, although an ad hoc plan may be under construction, nothing is certain on the planning front.

That perfectly sums up the clubs typical recruitment process for a manager.

17 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

So the core of their successful side was bought by Sven? Cheers mate the point I made. He also used the loan market which he hates too. And to get rid of 22 players, isn’t that something that probably needed done? I mean forget the fact he got rid of 8 players net over 3-4 seasons. Isn’t that much really is it? 

You lot want to talk about NP like he is Pep. He was a fine manager there and he was fine here. He had success off a massive backing. If you want to say his culture helped Leicester I probably can’t argue. Their fans revere him, based off that success. However, I think he probably gets too much credit for the title winning team. He had proven what he could do with that side which is about scrape staying up. Ranieri come in brought in players(off memory) like Cambiasso and Kante. 

And no need to raise your blood pressure mate. All be fine tomorrow 😘

I've checked a few clubs.

Now he had the 5th or 6th highest wage bill in the League that season Leicester ran away with the title.

A good chunk of the net spend came under Sven in 2011-12. NP rejoined Leicester in late 2011 so disregard to some extent the summer 2011 activity. Start with Winter 2012 on drop-down menu then go from there.

QPR had a much higher wage bill.

Higher too at Blackburn, Bolton, Reading, Wigan. Possibly Nottingham Forest, hard to say having looked that year.

Their wage bill will include promotion bonuses of £9-10m..underlying £26-27m.

20 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

A good read for all those of you that want Lampard as manager. As I alluded to earlier he is not a good man manager, shuns players, throws others under the bus and is tactically inept.

https://theathletic.com/2298337/2021/01/25/lampards-chelsea-sacking-tension-with-marina-unhappy-players-and-secret-job-offers/

Sounds like, ummmmmm, Lee Johnson . . .