IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

• Admin
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Please refer to my post last night on page 10. 
Derby did have a decent team. But they lost their strike force (Vydra, Jerome, Weimann), a stalwart midfielder (Ledley) and a reliable full back (Baird). 
It wasn’t a straight forward matter that they’d finish in the same position the next year. 
You also put a lot of impetus on the Mount & Tomori signings. They were 19 and were new to this level of football. Good players, yes. But still virgins at this level. I assume that us having Scott & Semenyo last year means we should have made the playoffs, because clearly 2 premier league players should make all the difference? 

Anyway, it’s not gonna be Lampard. I know someone who has applied for the job who has worked here before. And I think it might be him. 

Former assistant?

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He plays 3 at the back

We have 1 fit cb...

The wide CBs almost act as FBs (not too dissimilar to Cotts' version of 352) so it'd work with Cam as one of them. And I'm pretty sure Mark Sykes could play anywhere and impress at this rate 😂

Just now, Ian M said:

Former assistant?

The wide CBs almost act as FBs (not too dissimilar to Cotts' version of 352) so it'd work with Cam as one of them. And I'm pretty sure Mark Sykes could play anywhere and impress at this rate 😂

It's weird how Cotts doing it just flies under the radar isn't it. When Wilder at Sheffield United did something rather similar, the media and football pundits were all over it.

• Like 2

I was going to say I’m in utter disbelief that they sacked Pearson ( someone doing a good job ) without anyone lined up.  Then I thought actually it’s no surprise at all with the morons running this club. Atleast Birmingham had a plan. However stupid said plan was. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's weird how Cotts doing it just flies under the radar isn't it. When Wilder at Sheffield United did something rather similar, the media and football pundits were all over it.

But let's be honest, Cotts refusal to move away from that system cost him his job. We were going down under Cotts and with that system.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 2

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

But let's be honest, Cotts refusal to move away from that system cost him his job. We were going down under Cotts and with that system.

Of course but Cotts innovated slightly before Wilder albeit Wilder did it at a higher level etc.

I wonder...Maguire and Gray added, and a much happier Cotts might things have pushed on better here under him with that shape. That aside, Cotts like NP is someone who doesn't really get the wider credit or breaks in football that they merit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Former assistant?

29 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Whose the options:

Paul Simpson (Carlisle Manager)

Keith Downing (Available post Birmingham)

Jamie McAllister (Available post Hibs)

John Pemberton (Available post Chesterfield)

Tony Docherty (Dundee Manager)

We've tried and failed with:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've checked a few clubs.

Now he had the 5th or 6th highest wage bill in the League that season Leicester ran away with the title.

A good chunk of the net spend came under Sven in 2011-12. NP rejoined Leicester in late 2011 so disregard to some extent the summer 2011 activity. Start with Winter 2012 on drop-down menu then go from there.

QPR had a much higher wage bill.

Higher too at Blackburn, Bolton, Reading, Wigan. Possibly Nottingham Forest, hard to say having looked that year.

Their wage bill will include promotion bonuses of £9-10m..underlying £26-27m.

I got the wrong dates as am at work. He didn’t spend the money. My point was he inherited a top championship squad off a big spend. He did take it to the next level so fair enough. He just wasn’t one to come in and work on a small budget like he has to here.

Not convinced he would have got it done here and that is why we played, imo, percentage football. Asking smaller forwards to bump CBs in the air to win throw ins in their half and channel balls not to get on the end of but to pressure opposition to put it out of play for long throws and corners which are probably accounting for close to half our goals this season. 

He wasn’t for me and done nothing to convince me otherwise. His biggest pros were slashing the wage bill and playing youth which would have had to be done by Pep, NP or Gary Johnson. The culture and fitness were minimal impacts imo. He leaves the squad with multiple injuries hanging over the club. Culturally never gonna change with SL. So what has he actually brought to BCFC in his time? Again younger and cheaper squad was the remit for anyone. If you want to say he was doing everything possible to keep this club afloat, I can buy into it a bit. I fear relegation with the next appointment because this is not a top 6 side. I just think NP ceiling was lower top half of table to midtable(10-15th). With change comes a strong possibility of failure but also a small chance of something great which is the way I am choosing to look at it. I want to go to AG and get off my seat for a good press and some nice football. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We cannot afford them - what do you think a Prem loan costs? Millions, that's what.

These days we're shopping for players in Carlisle, Oxford and Luton - with wages to match. So that's where the next manager will come from too - cos he knows that market and is used to budget constraints. Unlike Lampard.

Other clubs seem to do it!!!

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

I was going to say I’m in utter disbelief that they sacked Pearson ( someone doing a good job ) without anyone lined up.  Then I thought actually it’s no surprise at all with the morons running this club. Atleast Birmingham had a plan. However stupid said plan was. 

This is what annoys me most.

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Paul Simpson (Carlisle Manager)

Keith Downing (Available post Birmingham)

Jamie McAllister (Available post Hibs)

John Pemberton (Available post Chesterfield)

Tony Docherty (Dundee Manager)

We've tried and failed with:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

Now that is a depressing list 😒

• Like 3
  • Haha 1