IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Rosenior got backed reasonably well at Hull too.

Kean Lewis Potter sale plus years of austerity and an ambitious new owner helped to give them a platform.

Here while elements of FFP imposing conditions, £30-35m fees in, about £6-7m spent. Plus wage bill declining vs surely rising at Hull under their  new owner.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Wade Elliott is my thinking. Fits the Head Coach box, available immediately box and known entity box with Tins.

Uninspiring but a typical SL appointment imo

I know our board ****** up sacking pearson - but i dont think there that stupid...

Surely?

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

That actually is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility, in my opinion (and no, I don't know anything, apart from the relevant history that we're all aware of). Nor am I advocating it, thought the one redeeming aspect would be that it might provide some continuity and help preserve at least a little of the culture instilled by Pearson, which would be a small consolation.

But would it not be Pearson by proxy? Not that that would necessarily be a bad arrangement, it's highly likely that Curtis is probably in regular contact with Nige. 

On 01/11/2023 at 12:40, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's only page 2.

Surely it takes at least 16 to find out he's not even being considered?

But plenty of time for more outrage about a new manager we won't end up with.

And it took 26.

And plenty of outrage. 

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce

48 minutes ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Paul Simpson (Carlisle Manager)

Keith Downing (Available post Birmingham)

Jamie McAllister (Available post Hibs)

John Pemberton (Available post Chesterfield)

Tony Docherty (Dundee Manager)

We've tried and failed with:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

Mark Robins, Liam Rosenior, Luke Williams, The City Cat

Were doomed if we cant decide if frank would have been a good appointment, considering he managed in the champions league, got a chelsea team with no money into the top 4, got to the POF with derby, kept everton up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

But would it not be Pearson by proxy? Not that that would necessarily be a bad arrangement, it's highly likely that Curtis is probably in regular contact with Nige. 

As far as I'm concerned, that would be an argument in favour of appointing him, rather than a reason not to, though as I already said, I'm not actually advocating it.  

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

As far as I'm concerned, that would be an argument in favour of appointing him, rather than a reason not to, though as I already said, I'm not actually advocating it.  

I'm not sure any of us know what we are advocating any more and that includes the owner and his associates 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, City_USA said:

In the mold of the Holden appt

Holden was a rookie, apart from a few months as a caretaker manager at Oldham, but Wade crashed and burned in his first job at Cheltenham. They were under him and still are truly woeful, but at least dog botherer has won a couple of matches since taking over.