IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Holden was a rookie, apart from a few months as a caretaker manager at Oldham, but Wade crashed and burned in his first job at Cheltenham. They were under him and still are truly woeful, but at least dog botherer has won a couple of matches since taking over. 

To be clear, I'm in no way advocating for Wade. Far from it. It's just that I've lost so much faith in SL and Jon that I see this as another F.U to us fans. 

Sincerely hope I'm wrong 🤞

Frank will be announced in a press conference tomorrow. We will become Frank Lampard's Bristol City. Steve L will be gurning like a simpleton. Frank will describe us as 'sleeping giants' and a Premier League club in waiting.

Frank will be paraded on the pitch before Saturday's  game with the family Lansdown sitting in the stand basking in their new found notoriety. Jon will get a new set of crayons. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Whose the options:

Paul Simpson (Carlisle Manager)

Keith Downing (Available post Birmingham)

Jamie McAllister (Available post Hibs)

John Pemberton (Available post Chesterfield)

Tony Docherty (Dundee Manager)

We've tried and failed with:

Dean Holden

Keith Millen

Anyone else?

Terry Connor.

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I gave up on this when the story was that Frank had cancelled golf today to be interviewed. Golf. In 80 mph winds. Right.

It's lovely today here in Norn Iron. Blue sky, 12 degrees and no wind at all on our golf course which is on the coast. His wife Christine (from Northern Ireland if people didn't know/care) might have suggested to play here today. If only I was close enough to Belfast International, I could tell you if they had been spotted...and had nothing else to do!

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We cannot afford them - what do you think a Prem loan costs? Millions, that's what.

These days we're shopping for players in Carlisle, Oxford and Luton - with wages to match. So that's where the next manager will come from too - cos he knows that market and is used to budget constraints. Unlike Lampard.

Jon never mentioned any of that, did he? It was all front-foot, reverse-sweep, ramp-shot, doosra baz-ball high-temp pressing or summat, nothing about "shopping," as I recall? 

As a bit of a digression, regarding the Wade Elliott question, of course no sensible supporter would actively canvass his appointment to this particular job at this precise moment: minimal experience in the role, and that was pretty disastrous, but BCFC aside, it actually wouldn't surprise me if he made a go of it somewhere else eventually. Cheltenham is and was a basket case and probably already beyond salvation when he took it on. I doubt anyone else would have fared any better and if you wanted to criticise him, it would probably be for his decision making in agreeing to accept the job in the first place. From what I've seen of him, which admittedly is not a huge amount, he is quite an impressive bloke. Intelligent, articulate, seems to be good with people, successful career as a player behind him, none of which guarantees anything, of course, but I have a hunch he'll resurface somewhere at some point*, if he hasn't already, and with a better outcome. (*Anyone actually know what he's up to these days?)

34 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

From the same publication;

Frank Lampard not currently under consideration

Just on the Frank Lampard links, we understand there’s been no contact with the former Chelsea manager and it’s another case of the betting markets being spooked.

As it stands, he’s not under consideration to take over at Ashton Gate and, if you’re being honest with it, he probably doesn’t quite conform to the idea of the sort of head coach City want.

The Robins want an on-the-grass style, detailed coach to work directly with the players and while Lampard in a reputational sense may seem exciting, he’s more of a managerial-type figure.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

From the same publication;

Frank Lampard not currently under consideration

Just on the Frank Lampard links, we understand there’s been no contact with the former Chelsea manager and it’s another case of the betting markets being spooked.

As it stands, he’s not under consideration to take over at Ashton Gate and, if you’re being honest with it, he probably doesn’t quite conform to the idea of the sort of head coach City want.

The Robins want an on-the-grass style, detailed coach to work directly with the players and while Lampard in a reputational sense may seem exciting, he’s more of a managerial-type figure.

Both statements can be true.

Lampard can be the bookies' favourite and also be out of contention and have made no approach.

Misleading for the same publication to run both stories? Probably. A blatant attempt to farm clicks? Undoubtedly. But they're not mutually exclusive pieces.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Both statements can be true.

Lampard can be the bookies' favourite and also be out of contention and have made no approach.

Misleading for the same publication to run both stories? Probably. A blatant attempt to farm clicks? Undoubtedly. But they're not mutually exclusive pieces.

image.jpeg.7e2e58e2e8983175d7246aa9f5f68dfb.jpeg

• Like 1