IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

13 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not quite the same though, is it. You’re not ‘supporting’ in quite the same way there - I think the expression you used was ‘cheering on’. Not really something you do for owners - even when they have a modicum of popularity!!

Support and blind support sums up the situation imo. Some will support the club by refusing to tow the line when the club is lying to them and taking them for granted, that's blind support. Of my boss is running the business into the ground it's not a great stance to say "well done boss, I'm right behind you" when you could say "I don't agree with this, I think it's not helping". The bloke support will see the business fail, the support of standing against the bad decision gives the business a fighting chance and therefore is still supporting it. 

I'm not going to be a blind supporter, Jon Lansdown and this board are the only constant in our failure to achieve what they say they're trying to achieve. 

Pearson set out to keep us competetive despite being tasked to cut costs and have key assets sold out from underneath him, he did that and still got sacked, essentially the board got impatient of him trying to do a heart impossible task of getting Premiership football whilst selling all of our Premier League quality players and then being expected to find replacements for pennies. 

I support this club, you call it what you like, I've been assaulted more times than I care to discuss for wearing my City shirt as I live in Cardiff, I've gone to work and taken endless amounts of abuse when Cardiff were in the Premier League and I don't regret it. I've put more money than I care to admit into this club and I'll continue to support it. What I don't support is a board that demands we turn up and support the team whilst they hamstring it and then lie about it. 

There have been so many statements such as "Pearson is not bigger than the club, we should support the players" etc but does this mean the board are bigger than the club because our fans seem happy for them to remain, or at least complicent enough to keep doing what the board want of them by turning up and cheering the lads on whilst they put out crap interviews that are pre planned and full of shit. 

You can call my support into question all you like, but sometimes you have to take a stand and as I've said before, the only consistent in our failure at this point is the board, everyone else has come and gone with the result staying the same. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

Support and blind support sums up the situation imo. Some will support the club by refusing to tow the line when the club is lying to them and taking them for granted, that's blind support. Of my boss is running the business into the ground it's not a great stance to say "well done boss, I'm right behind you" when you could say "I don't agree with this, I think it's not helping". The bloke support will see the business fail, the support of standing against the bad decision gives the business a fighting chance and therefore is still supporting it. 

I'm not going to be a blind supporter, Jon Lansdown and this board are the only constant in our failure to achieve what they say they're trying to achieve. 

Pearson set out to keep us competetive despite being tasked to cut costs and have key assets sold out from underneath him, he did that and still got sacked, essentially the board got impatient of him trying to do a heart impossible task of getting Premiership football whilst selling all of our Premier League quality players and then being expected to find replacements for pennies. 

I support this club, you call it what you like, I've been assaulted more times than I care to discuss for wearing my City shirt as I live in Cardiff, I've gone to work and taken endless amounts of abuse when Cardiff were in the Premier League and I don't regret it. I've put more money than I care to admit into this club and I'll continue to support it. What I don't support is a board that demands we turn up and support the team whilst they hamstring it and then lie about it. 

There have been so many statements such as "Pearson is not bigger than the club, we should support the players" etc but does this mean the board are bigger than the club because our fans seem happy for them to remain, or at least complicent enough to keep doing what the board want of them by turning up and cheering the lads on whilst they put out crap interviews that are pre planned and full of shit. 

You can call my support into question all you like, but sometimes you have to take a stand and as I've said before, the only consistent in our failure at this point is the board, everyone else has come and gone with the result staying the same. 

I'm not talking about blind support. I think I've been very clear about that. The first line of my first reply to you said exactly what you say above - that disagreement is fine, and I get. Indeed, as you suggest, I think that positive disagreement - explaining why and putting forward alternatives - is a good thing.

But, by its nature, football is all about judgements and opinions and you've only got to read the threads on here to see how many different options there are about the various options for new managers. And having different views, putting them forward, explaining why - all good. But someone (in this case, whether we like it or not the Lansdowns) have to make that call, and I just think that in the interests of the club we all then have to get behind that decision.

The reasons for my initial reply to you was your statement about not cheering on Lampard if he's appointed. Well a) that felt a little bit like you were saying you'd cheer on the appointment you agreed with but not the one you didn't- which is a bit different to what you're saying above; and b) I'm not really sure what it achieves to take it out on the new manager who's had nothing to do with what's happened in the past.

Ultimately, yes, you can take the view that you feel so strongly that things are so bad, so much in conflict with what you think is right that you can decide to leave the company (to use your work analogy) or stop turning up to cheer on the team. The difference is that. you can move on to another job - but we all know that you're stuck with your football team! For that reason I'm not questioning your support, I'm just wondering how refusing to support a particular manager is going to help.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We can't afford them.

We've slashed our wage bill, put a cap on it, and now pay less than some of the bigger League 1 teams I shouldn't wonder. 

What's Frankie going to make of that?

I imagine he'd just sit down on the penalty spot and repeat "nest egg" until Raheem Sterling appeared on loan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I may have got this wrong but wasn’t robinsforlife outed as a gas troll a couple of years back

They'll be disappointed if so, tried to get our hopes up on Lampard and most City fans were like 'na don't want him, hope this falls through'. Waste of a few of his afternoons 🤣

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Excellent post Spike 👍

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Good Post Spike.

Fair play to you wearing a City shirt in Cardiff. F@ck that for a game of soldiers!

I'm not sure I agree with all of your post and I'm sure you haven't posted it and expect everyone to agree with all of it.

What I do agree with and I'm sure so many others do is share is the pure exasperation of the situation JL and co have put us in. It's not just that though is it? The fact is that JL and Co and those before before him keep f@ckin up on gigantic scale and expect us to lap it up. We aren't SAGS and we won't just accept crap interviews as fact and true.

A happy clapper or deciding not to go anymore and everything in between. I may not be happy about someone else's stance but I tend to accept it because it is their choice. 

As it happens, I can't go tomorrow but this terrible feeling of exasperation would still not put me off going to our matches.

I really fear for the next appointment whoever that will turn out to be. For no other reason than whatever is trotted out, I can't see past NP. He is and was the most suitable Manager for us, for the next 2+ years.

I'm starting to ramble now but I wanted to post to say that I feel your pain and I'm sure many others do as well. Stay safe over there in Cardiff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If BCFC Shags works for the club, then he will surely be in huge trouble if he hasn't been already. Can only assume the poster doesn't.

He doesn’t if he’s who I think he is.  I’m pretty sure he lied to me when I DMd him previously about who he was.  The lying git 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Any idea why @bcfcshags has been removed from the forum? Does the club have a say so in what goes on, on here?

He’s just let me know that he believes Lampard will be announced Monday. 

Would imagine if true he’d be at the game tomorrow 

16 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Any idea why @bcfcshags has been removed from the forum? Does the club have a say so in what goes on, on here?

He’s just let me know that he believes Lampard will be announced Monday. 

His choice.

• Hmmm 1