IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Lampards recent record is obviously horrific,, but chelsea and everton were and continue to be in absolute free fall, i dont know who could have turned them around in that time? And in terms of footballers, he is probably one of the brighter ones around, and would certainly attract players and profile.. whether hea a good fit for us or not i dont know, a superstar footballer appointment isn’t something weve tried before.

• Like 4

If BT has his way, Frank becomes FrankTINstein.

In all seriousness, really not sure what we need now, the change felt unnecessary and a backward step. 

Little faith that whoever the board pick will suddenly change results and performances whilst operating in the restraints NP faced - but will happily be proven wrong and naturally back whoever it ends up being.

Edited by Sturgess
  • Haha 1

Presumably he's got his badges, has his own ideas and can bring something to the table.
On the balance of probabilities he's going to succeed at some point.
He might surprise a few, he might not. As for the expense, We won't be paying more than we can afford. He's not in a position to come and make unrealistic demands.
If the due diligence is done and he's a credible candidate based on facts then why not?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I don't like Lampard, never have really despite him being an excellent player. Supposed to be an intelligent guy, but I've always thought there's a selfishness to him that makes him unlikeable.

Might be harsh, and former teammates and his managers might disagree, but he's never struck me as a leader. 

Good move. It's already spooking the opposition.

• Haha 7

Regarding Jon’s interview this morning. I can’t see where he dismissed Lampard. 
When the name was mentioned it was the only time in a 45 minute interview where Jon got all sweaty and shifty - he touches his face a number of times, his shifts his feet, he looks to the left a few times - these are all red flags when it comes to body language and mistruths. 

He didn’t dismiss Lampard as an option, but merely said “I was surprised at the list of names when it came out”. 

When the bookies odds first came out, I can’t recall exactly but I don’t think Lampard anywhere on that first list. It was Eustace, Rowett, Cotterill, Jones and a host of others.  I don’t recall Lampard on the bookies list until about Tuesday. 

So Jon was showing signs of not giving the truth in the interview and Lampard wasn’t on that initial list to which he referred. 

Thats my 2+2 = 5 anyway 🤣

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Philly The Kid said:

As for the expense, We won't be paying more than we can afford. He's not in a position to come and make unrealistic demands.
If the due diligence is done and he's a credible candidate based on facts then why not?

You’ve made some pretty big assumptions there that rely on basic levels of competence from the decision makers at BCFC. 

As pleased as they are with themselves that they now have an actual plan, and are keen to tell the world, I have absolutely zero confidence,( backed by 20+ years of proof) that they wouldn’t actually end up paying more than they can afford, nor do the due diligence necessary. 

And with all of it, undo everything Nige has created. 

Those of you able to see the benefits of Lampard, then good for you. Am genuinely jealous of your lasting optimism around any decision this club makes. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Regarding Jon’s interview this morning. I can’t see where he dismissed Lampard. 
When the name was mentioned it was the only time in a 45 minute interview where Jon got all sweaty and shifty - he touches his face a number of times, his shifts his feet, he looks to the left a few times - these are all red flags when it comes to body language and mistruths. 

He didn’t dismiss Lampard as an option, but merely said “I was surprised at the list of names when it came out”. 

When the bookies odds first came out, I can’t recall exactly but I don’t think Lampard anywhere on that first list. It was Eustace, Rowett, Cotterill, Jones and a host of others.  I don’t recall Lampard on the bookies list until about Tuesday. 

So Jon was showing signs of not giving the truth in the interview and Lampard wasn’t on that initial list to which he referred. 

Thats my 2+2 = 5 anyway 🤣

That's how I interpreted his body language when asked.