IGNORED

The Next Two Games..

FNQ

Very much winnable… in fact it looks as though the Lansdowns and BT are banking on it therefore justifying their genius restructuring masterstroke. Only problem is both Sheffield Wednesday and QPR will undoubtedly be thinking the same about their next two games. SW on the back of their first win of the season play us who from the outside and certainly from the inside look to be in a proper mess, followed by managerless Millwall at home. QPR who have just appointed a new manager and will be hoping for the new manager bounce play Rotherham away and then us at home.. 

So, how many points do we all think that we will get from our two next games? Considering the upheaval I’m still optimistic and going for two score draws, 2pts.

It depends largely on what players we have available.

I doubt that any other point this season will present us with any more winnable 2 games.

We need to be getting 4 points from them but I'm not sure we are capable of winning games at Championship level with less than 11 first team squad players available.

With a full/near full strength squad I'd be hoping we'd win both.

2 draws may be all that we can hope for right now. 

I mean, we need to win both because our recent form has been poor.

But our recent form has been poor because of injuries, and we still have injuries, so winning both will be really tough. I'm finding it very hard to recapture the optimism I was feeling as recently as the Coventry win! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I mean, we need to win both because our recent form has been poor.

But our recent form has been poor because of injuries, and we still have injuries, so winning both will be really tough. I'm finding it very hard to recapture the optimism I was feeling as recently as the Coventry win! 

Even with the Ipswich and Cardiff losses, I felt quite optimistic coming out of the ground. We were looking forward to 2 winnable games , even with the injuries I fancied us to pick up points with the performances we had put in.
Feels less so now.
We are on the treading water phase of appointing a Coach. The Club has a plan, but not enough of a plan to think about targeting a replacement before you sack your manager. Now Sheff W should still see us pick up something, but QPR with a new man in and us seemingly still clueless over who we want or can get , that wont be easy. 
Definitely knocked the enthusiasm out of me, which is annoying as I've already done more away games than last year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Even with the Ipswich and Cardiff losses, I felt quite optimistic coming out of the ground. We were looking forward to 2 winnable games , even with the injuries I fancied us to pick up points with the performances we had put in.
Feels less so now.
We are on the treading water phase of appointing a Coach. The Club has a plan, but not enough of a plan to think about targeting a replacement before you sack your manager. Now Sheff W should still see us pick up something, but QPR with a new man in and us seemingly still clueless over who we want or can get , that wont be easy. 
Definitely knocked the enthusiasm out of me, which is annoying as I've already done more away games than last year.

And if the new guy does drop points in these games, you can already hear the comments of 'Nige would have got us something', 'I thought the new guy was getting top 6?', rods the club has entirely made for their own backs. Sunday's decision just feels dumber with time. 

Swallow your pride Steve and get him back ffs.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Very much winnable… in fact it looks as though the Lansdowns and BT are banking on it therefore justifying their genius restructuring masterstroke. Only problem is both Sheffield Wednesday and QPR will undoubtedly be thinking the same about their next two games. SW on the back of their first win of the season play us who from the outside and certainly from the inside look to be in a proper mess, followed by managerless Millwall at home. QPR who have just appointed a new manager and will be hoping for the new manager bounce play Rotherham away and then us at home.. 

So, how many points do we all think that we will get from our two next games? Considering the upheaval I’m still optimistic and going for two score draws, 2pts.

Very much winnable for Sheff W and QPR as well. I think we'll scrape another home win and lose at QPR.

Dangerous predicting wins against teams lower down in this league (realise that’s a bit of a cliche but there’s an element of truth in it). QPR have a new guy so may well get a bounce. Weds have finally won a game so likewise. 

So might we of course from a new guy, although sacking a popular manager can sometimes have a negative effect on the dressing room.

But the big problem at the mo is injuries and that’s what worries me most about the next two games. 

With Nige and players coming back into the squad from injury, a minimum of four points and probably six should have been the target. 

Now, again it depends on who’s fit and available, but I’m nowhere near as confident and doubt we’ll even get three points from the next two games.

But as others rightly point out, nothing but promotion will do for JL and Tinnion, despite the injuries, so it has to be six points. They’ve set that expectation, anything else is failure. 

Edited by tin
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

With Nige and players coming back into the squad from injury, a minimum of four points and probably six should be the target. 

Now, again it depends on who’s fit and available, but I’m nowhere near as confident and doubt we’ll even get three points from the next two games.

But as others rightly point out, nothing but promotion will do for JL and Tinnion, despite the injuries, so it has to be six points. They’ve set that expectation, anything else is failure. 

With Nige?

3 hours ago, FNQ said:

Think City are going, hoping and would like to appoint new manager by the weekend, would take the wind out of any fans protest. 

Yea I think with Nige I was pretty confident for the 2 games as we'd competed with Ipswich and could easily got a point and done OK against a Cardiff side in good form, even with injuries I'd seen the players willing to run through walls for Nige, they were still going to be difficult and games we could loose with the injuries we have. 

Now I'm not so sure as assuming we don't have someone new in as they are still very very lose able games but we have lost the man the players were clearly fighting for which was keeping us in games. 

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Swallow your pride Steve and get him back ffs.

Lansdown's ego would never allow this and the only time Nigel will ever come back will be when his next club (if he remains in management) is sticking five past us and him doing an 'Ashton' up and down the touch line whilst slinging the 'V's' at him. 

My prediction?

1 point - a home draw against Sheff Wed and a loss at QPR. And even that might be optimistic.

Fleming has a job on his hands to get the players up for thes fixtures given the circumstances, and it’s not like we have a first team squad that is fighting for starting places. Being able to stand on both legs without being in pain reduces the numbers available to about 12, let alone being able to run, pass or shoot…

It looks like we'll have at least three back in the squad - Tanner, Vyner, and Naismith, so an interesting selection for Curtis.

Also be interesting to see the subs, I think Francois may get back on the bench.

So a bit more strength in depth for these games (at least the Sheffield game) and I can see four points incoming which should see us not too far off the top six. 

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It looks like we'll have at least three back in the squad - Tanner, Vyner, and Naismith, so an interesting selection for Curtis.

Also be interesting to see the subs, I think Francois may get back on the bench.

So a bit more strength in depth for these games (at least the Sheffield game) and I can see four points incoming which should see us not too far off the top six. 

The report yesterday was that only Tanner was likely to be back in the squad.

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thought Tinnion would be picking the team, so starts for Yeboah and Knight Lebel. Curtis just there to coach.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The report yesterday was that only Tanner was likely to be back in the squad.

Yep, but the training vid did show all three weren't exactly holding back so I'm hoping they're ready.

We'll see what Curtis has to say later.

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Since we are going for promotion we need two wins here 

Not a pop at the poster here.....are we really going for promotion? With a threadbare set of (mainly) inexperienced players?.....makes my pi55 boil.....when the espoused aims of the club are clearly not aligned with the expenditure / investement on the pitch etc. 

No offence intended mate...not aiming it at you.....

6 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Not a pop at the poster here.....are we really going for promotion? With a threadbare set of (mainly) inexperienced players?.....makes my pi55 boil.....when the espoused aims of the club are clearly not aligned with the expenditure / investement on the pitch etc. 

Nope, we definitely are going for promotion. Our Chairman and Tins both said the squad should be top 6!

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It depends largely on what players we have available.

I doubt that any other point this season will present us with any more winnable 2 games.

We need to be getting 4 points from them but I'm not sure we are capable of winning games at Championship level with less than 11 first team squad players available.

With a full/near full strength squad I'd be hoping we'd win both.

2 draws may be all that we can hope for right now. 

Oddly enough Sheff W fans are thinking much the same regarding their team. https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/326112-bristol-city-millwall/

They also have threads "If we had a new owner" and "Club statement" etc https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/3-sheffield-wednesday-matchday/

41 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Think it was a bit tongue in cheek tbh.