IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

However….to make his own stamp and implement his style, he will definitely need signings.

He will but why would Steve give him money to spend when Jon says the squad is already good enough for promotion? Surely it can't because he's not Nigel Pearson?😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I personally would be excited by it, but only because of the circumstance. 

He’s an extremely good coach, what he did at MK was incredible. What he’s doing at Oxford is incredible. They play really excellent football. He’d be my third choice after Carsley & Williams, but don’t see either of those coming for different reasons. 

However….to make his own stamp and implement his style, he will definitely need signings. No doubt about that. And I certainly wouldn’t have sacked Pearson for him. 

But, that’s the situation we’re in & the corner that the club have backed themselves into.  

Are you being serious with your choice of managers? Wow. 

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I wish Pearson had not been sacked, I could not give a flying **** whether the new manager is an “inspiring” appointment or not.

I don’t want an “inspiring” appointment. I want a good one. The two best appointments over the last twenty years - Johnson and Cotterill - weren’t inspiring in the least but they did the bloody job.

Whoever gets it - whether that be Manning or someone else - will be judged by me on their results, not how “inspiring” the appointment is.

Exactly   To many people wondering about names , Ancelotti one of the biggest names in the world ask Everton fans what they thought of him , conte at Tottenham ask spurs fans what they think of him , quite a lot underwhelmed with Ang to start with ask them what they think of him now , 

• Like 1

Just now, petehinton said:

….? Ever seen any of their sides?

Who do you want?

Nigel Pearson thanks. However would go for Dean Smith, Mark Robins or Lampard. We need a name for PR, financial purposes. And no I have zero interest in watching League One or Two, but I did see how easily we swept aside Oxford in August. Spent years doing it, if we want promotion we need proven. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Do you still want Scott Murray sacked?

I’m making the point that it’s a cushty club who keep ex players (like no other) 

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Nigel Pearson thanks. However would go for Dean Smith, Mark Robins or Lampard. We need a name for PR, financial purposes. And no I have zero interest in watching League One or Two, but I did see how easily we swept aside Oxford in August. Spent years doing it, if we want promotion we need proven. 

I’m making the point that it’s a cushty club who keep ex players (like no other) 

Lampard….proven?!  That’s superb 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Lampard isn't proven so you're undermining your own argument. Plus Mark Robins hasn't been promoted from the Championship, good manager in the leagues below and getting Coventry where they were last season but surely again that goes against your 'zero' interest in league one/two?

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

Exactly   To many people wondering about names , Ancelotti one of the biggest names in the world ask Everton fans what they thought of him , conte at Tottenham ask spurs fans what they think of him , quite a lot underwhelmed with Ang to start with ask them what they think of him now , 

Precisely.

And - much as I don’t currently trust Jon Lansdown and Brian Tinnion to run a primary school assembly - the thing that would antagonise me further the most at this moment in time would be if they failed to stick to their criteria that they have laid out. Manning is exactly the sort of appointment their criteria implied. If they appoint him or someone similar then at least there is a strategy, even if it remains to be seen if it is the right one…

• Like 2

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Lampard….proven?!  That’s superb 

He is. His Derby side was excellent and the development of players in his first season at Chelsea was extraordinary. I am mates with lots of Chelsea season ticket holders who still rate what he did, getting them to the UCL under embargo. What has Manning done to compare? Beaten Maindenhead 2.0 at home? No thanks, but of course it’s going to be a yes person so fully expect it to be Manning. Lampard would get us on Sky, better revenue wise, give us international exposure, create better relations with PL clubs for top talent and he has a great record in developing youth. Anyone would have failed at Everton and Chelsea (last spell). Complete mess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

At least make your mind up. Is it for promotion or PR? The two are not in any way the same.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Lampard isn't proven so you're undermining your own argument. Plus Mark Robins hasn't been promoted from the Championship, good manager in the leagues below and getting Coventry where they were last season but surely again that goes against your 'zero' interest in league one/two?

Lampard isn’t proven? Chelsea’s record goalscorer, two successful spells at Derby and Chelsea. Yes he is proven for a club like Bristol City. Robins also took Coventry from League Two to the Champ play off final on a budget, playing a great brand of football. Smith is my first choice, Villa fans adore him. 

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ah that’s a no then. If you read my post, I said the same re pearson. In dreamland if you think we’d be buying Robins out of his contract, and dreamland if Lampard would be interest. Dean Smith, christ, god no thanks. Stock couldn’t be much lower after his last so jobs. 

What do you think Luton fans thought of Rob Edwards appointment before he took them to the prem?

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Lampard isn’t proven? Chelsea’s record goalscorer, two successful spells at Derby and Chelsea. Yes he is proven for a club like Bristol City. Robins also took Coventry from League Two to the Champ play off final on a budget, playing a great brand of football. Smith is my first choice, Villa fans adore him. 

Oh yeah I forgot lampard scored lots of goals when he played.. get the man in!! ******* hell 

• Haha 4

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

As a player! We're talking about management. Successful spells at Derby and Chelsea? Sorry have we lived in parallel universes.. what proven managerial accomplishments can you name he's done? Yeah I know Mark Robins did that.. I clearly acknowledged that in my last post however, you said you had no interest in League 1/2 football so why are you quoting it now?