IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

Just now, Spud21 said:

I don't really understand all this yes man bollocks, unless any of you know Manning then you are just chatting shit based on absolutely nothing. The man has no previous connection to the club so owes Lansdown nothing, the man is potentially going from Oxford to Bristol City not ******* Barcelona.

Im as annoyed with Niges sacking as anyone but some people are seriously deluded about our status in the football pyramid. 

The board being chief amongst them.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud21 said:

I don't really understand all this yes man bollocks, unless any of you know Manning then you are just chatting shit based on absolutely nothing. The man has no previous connection to the club so owes Lansdown nothing, the man is potentially going from Oxford to Bristol City not ******* Barcelona.

Im as annoyed with Niges sacking as anyone but some people are seriously deluded about our status in the football pyramid. 

It's a perfectly valid point. I know next to nothing about Manning. 

But I will bet my house that he won't get the job without saying all the "right" things about the clowns.

Just now, Northern Red said:

The board being chief amongst them.

Not going to disagree there, although our squad when fully fit is not a million miles off top 6 quality, but it very quickly drops off and I don't think anyone ever has a fully fit squad so its still a fundamentally stupid thing to say, even though for me it's only a couple of players short of being a very very doog squad at this level. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I’m seething nige was sacked but I’m not going to put unfair pressure on the new man . BUT by the end of this season I’ll be expecting him to keep us in the top half as we are now and like you say start scoring a few more goals. Especially at home.

if we end up with no improvement at all I will be blaming tinnion and the lansdowns for their decisions.

Yes agreed. & hopefully if we do see improvement then you'll give them credit for making a good call & hope to see further progress next season, when he has had a pre-season & summer transfer window to implement some of his own ideas. 

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

It's a perfectly valid point. I know next to nothing about Manning. 

But I will bet my house that he won't get the job without saying all the "right" things about the clowns.

Why? Hes potentially interviewing at a club thst could easily be in the same league as the one he is currently at, he is not sat there thinking **** me it would be a dream to manage city so I will throw all my professional integrity in the bin to get this job. We are a middling championship club ffs not a massive club stuck in this league. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yes agreed. & hopefully if we do see improvement then you'll give them credit for making a good call & hope to see further progress next season, when he has had a pre-season & summer transfer window to implement some of his own ideas. 

Jam tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes if we improve I will give them all the credit they deserve.

they have made a big call and it will be interesting to see how it pans out

• Like 1

Just now, Spud21 said:

Why? Hes potentially interviewing at a club thst could easily be in the same league as the one he is currently at, he is not sat there thinking **** me it would be a dream to manage city so I will throw all my professional integrity in the bin to get this job. We are a middling championship club ffs not a massive club stuck in this league. 

I'm not talking about HIS integrity.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He should get the same criteria as NP, ie no extra money net of cost savings or football revenue ie trading or sell on clauses this January, then maybe some more freedom come the summer on a what football makes, football can spend basis- Cup runs, extra revenue streams aside.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spud21 said:

I think you are forgetting the potential financial implications for Manning. This isn’t going to just be a 5 or 10 k a year pay increase by coming here IMO, i’d imagine the increase in salary we are offering could be potentially life changing for him and his family. 

Towing the line and doing what the club ‘wants’ from him may be a sacrifice he is willing to make to set him and his family up.. Also who’s to say that he won’t look at the framework/setup that has been pitched to him by Tinnion and the powers that be and still back himself to do a job here and meet the objectives set.. who knows?

Why is it so difficult for some to move on?

Pearson was clearly not going to get his contact extended, he knew it, thats why he's been hinting at it for the last several weeks. Whether we agree with it or not it's beyond our control. With that being the case why would the club stick with him through the January window?

With the final international break of the year after next weeks game, from a clubs point of now was the logical time to let him go.

Constantly comparing any appointment to Pearson seems pointless to me but then I'm over a defeat before I get back to the car.

Although I'm on the fence with Pearson's dismissal, I appreciate the brilliant job he's done rebuilding through Covid and mess he inherited, as a season ticket holder who watches us mainly at home with maybe 1 or 2 away games a season I have become increasingly exasperated with the continuing poor home performances we've had to endure through multiple managerial regimes over the last 5/6 years. 

Counterattacking is great in away games but rarely works at home.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Had we appointed McKenna and given him the budget Ipswich have fans might have had a different take on it albeit our patchwork side battered them for the last twenty minutes the other week.

If Manning is expected to deliver with what we currently have he will fail, simple as that, but as others have said the purse strings will be loosened and the Academy Boys, what’s left of them who don’t get shoved out on loan in January, will get five minutes here and there off the bench.

Its another change of plan, dress it up how they like, and the end game has been made clear.

A lot of Ipswich players aren't actually all that spectacular individually although their results are.

Looking through their side yesterday..

Players such as Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Luongo, Chaplin, Hirst.

On off the bench,  Taylor, Harness, Ladapo.

Not exactly established Championship high end players.

Hladlky, Clarke, Davis, Hutchinson, Broadhead with Tuanzebe off the bench, better but overall are they not overperforming, not just us but a fair chunk of the division.

Their squad is nothing amazing as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He should get the same criteria as NP, ie no extra money net of cost savings or football revenue ie trading or sell on clauses this January, then maybe some more freedom come the summer on a what football makes, football can spend basis- Cup runs, extra revenue streams aside.

Yes- and 2 and a half years before the board make a decision on his future and ,of course, about 6 transfer windows and be allowed to deliver mediocre results and mid to lower league positions in the meantime. Fair's fair and I agree with you that everyone should get the same criteria.

Unless they realise that a change of strategy is required?

• Facepalm 3

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What, like the improvement that’s likely as all our injured players start returning?  

Do you also think those same players returning could have improved the position for Nige too??

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A lot of Ipswich players aren't actually all that spectacular individually although their results are.

Looking through their side yesterday..

Players such as Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Luongo, Chaplin, Hirst.

On off the bench,  Taylor, Harness, Ladapo.

Not exactly established Championship high end players.

Hladlky, Clarke, Davis, Hutchinson, Broadhead with Tuanzebe off the bench, better but overall are they not overperforming, not just us but a fair chunk of the division.

Their squad is nothing amazing as a whole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season

It's had more funding on it than ours hasn't it? I don't see 17 year olds in their line up or a bench with two goalkeepers and four players yet to make a first team debut?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

What, like the improvement that’s likely as all our injured players start returning?  

Do you also think those same players returning could have improved the position for Nige too??

Yes I do - that's why the timing was odd.

But perhaps that was deemed as being down to NP & his team - I don't know.

Let's face it - we have been utterly underwhelming, especially at home, throughout his tenure.

Last season even more so, when the division was there for the taking & we were generally piss poor. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yes I do - that's why the timing was odd.

But perhaps that was deemed as being down to NP & his team - I don't know.

Let's face it - we have been utterly underwhelming, especially at home, throughout his tenure.

Last season even more so, when the division was there for the taking & we were generally piss poor. 

What do you think is the reason for that ?

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Other than Benarous, NP had most of them available most of the time. Every club gets injuries.

What is the problem about a new man in charge benefitting from a fitter squad that is such a problem with so many on here?

Surely,it would be brilliant? 

It's almost as if there are some that don't want to see a new guy succeed at the expense of Nige.....that loyalty to Nige is more important than loyalty to the club which we support.

When Leicester won the League- they didn't have a wake or post mortem because Nige had put the building blocks in place and then been sacked only for another guy to benefit. No- they appreciated everything Nige did and he remains a much appreciated favourite. Hopefully the same will happen at BCFC.

• Like 1