IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

• Admin
10 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Despite the noises coming from Oxford, I've got a really bad feeling this bloke is going to get the job. 

From NP to someone who got sacked from MK Dons and manages a team in League one. How depressing. The boys will be doing cartwheels of joy up at the HPC when they get told.

My fear is the opposite. Manning has got both his last two teams to play exciting, attacking football. It only fell apart at MK when the owners sold his best two players and he couldn’t replace them (sound familiar much?). I fear that we will appoint one of the mediocre currently out of work managers/coaches instead (which is what an appointment this afternoon would suggest).

• Like 4

Just now, bcfc01 said:

I meant I am not on Twitter.

Me neither.

But the thing is you reposted that Tinnion said something on Twitter that may or may not be fact.

In any event- BT may believe that Manning ( if it is he) is an exciting prospect and I'd tend to agree from the research I've done from a layman's point of view.

NP ( and others) has built the foundations for a bright coach to work from so it could indeed be exciting. And what's the point of replacing NP with another in the NP mould? 

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope.

Not on Twitter, just saw it posted on here somewhere.

You said I didn't read twitter or interviews regarding that quote about an inspiring or exciting appointment, yet you didn't either? Absolute waffle.

You've just taken what one person has said on here who's probably heard it from our resident manager Ian on one of the podcasts.

How about you read twitter or the interviews if you're so certain it was said and prove it.

Not one person from the hierarchy has said that in the slightest. So don't expect an inspiring or exciting appointment either!

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

My fear is the opposite. Manning has got both his last two teams to play exciting, attacking football. It only fell apart at MK when the owners sold his best two players and he couldn’t replace them (sound familiar much?). I fear that we will appoint one of the mediocre currently out of work managers/coaches instead (which is what an appointment this afternoon would suggest).

So he lost his 2 best players and then couldn't get a tune out of the rest of the squad in League 2. So what happens if he loses 2 of his best players in the summer at City then?

Not having a dig at anyone on OTIB, though I seem to ruffled a few feathers. I just don't get how Manning should be anywhere near the best option for the City job. Or is it that he's viewed as the best of a bad bunch? 

• Like 1

Just listening to TalkSport.

They said definitely not Frank Lampard and LM is #1.

Mentioned he has a release clause and ‘looks like it will happen’.

With Sky saying something similar (Tob Dorsett) it looks like it could well be Manning.

Edited by Neuilly

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yep. 
I’ve watched a number of championship teams this season who are streets ahead of us in terms of their style, their quality, their pace, their technicality. We are way behind a number of teams. We are being competitive because we have players with a fair bit of grit, determination, energy. But the way some other teams play - we are way off that still. 

Is that not a reason to sack Nige? 

Wish him all the best.

As we apparently have a “top ten” budget according to our chairman & the last bloke they sacked for “underperforming” got us to within 4 points of the playoffs, it should be a piece of piss for him to reach the playoffs from here.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1