IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

5 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Would have preferred to stick with NP but in the current circumstances this seems like a good appointment to me. At least it’s not Lampard. 

I'm not so sure. I don't think we have the right infrastructure in place to support a young coach.

Feels very, very much like when Derek McInnes came in - young, progressive, doing well with a small club. They have/had very similar experience in terms of numbers of games managed and win percentages at the point of joining this club. Frankly, not the type the club needs, the club can support and think this will go the same way to be honest. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

It's a crap appointment. All week OTIB has gone in to meltdown about NP and rightly so. Then just a few days later City fans are lapping it up that we've landed Manning as the replacement for NP. It's embarrassing.

Lapping it up I think is a little over the top. Maybe looking foward to hopefully seeing city really attack teams and be more cut throat on the ball rather than it be as boring as it has been for a while now. 

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Lapping it up I think is a little over the top. Maybe looking foward to hopefully seeing city really attack teams and be more cut throat on the ball rather than it be as boring as it has been for a while now. 

We haven't got the players for that, been saying since the start we've got a load of runners and bar Naismith/Mehmeti and the departing Scott we've got no guile or creativity to get at teams like that.

• Like 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

So a coach that didn't last in L2 and then has a about 12 games in L1 is going to come in to the Championship and start really attacking teams? 

On 02/11/2023 at 22:26, petehinton said:

Honestly I’d be all over this. Excellent coach, Oxford played really really good stuff against us at AG in august. 

However….he is quite boring in press conference. So pick your poison. 

But did he keep saying yes all the time, if so, then he's perfect for the Lansdown's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ProfitInMyPocket said:

We haven't got the players for that, been saying since the start we've got a load of runners and bar Naismith/Mehmeti and the departing Scott we've got no guile or creativity to get at teams like that.

Maybe so but different tactics and coaching could help with the added bonus of loan market and transfer window coming up ( If money is available )

Didn't want Nige to leave, but actually pretty happy with this appt.

Only 38, fresh ideas, seems to have a v good track record with developing youth. I've been quite a big critic of Jon, but at least he's stuck to his initial statement of getting in a progressive coach that likes to play front footed football, even if it may not be the most 'impressive' appointment out there, which he seemingly also did say.

Understandably some are concerned about him getting sacked by MK Dons, but let's not also forget that he helped save Oxford from relegation, now has them 2nd in the league and also got MK Dons into the play-offs. Not a bad track record so far, right? Oh and also a 48% win rate in Belgium.

Get behind the new man, folks!

• Like 4