IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

All the bullshit bingo he speaks.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The likes of Gary O'Neill etc used to not take LJ seriously because they could see right through the bullshit he spoke. 

The same will happen with our current players and Manning.

I think you're being unfair on Manning.

Firstly, he's not Lee Johnson. Just because he's a young L1 manager appointed by the Lansdowns, it doesn't automatically make him LJ.

Secondly, why do some fans have such a disliking for managers using technical language? Have you considered that it might not be "bullshit", and he might just happen to know quite a bit about coaching football? Besides, who are we to tell a professional football manager that they talk "bullshit"?

• Like 7

Just now, Sandhurst Red said:

This thread has the makings of a OTIB classic.

Mark my words there will be some humble pie being served in 6-13 months time. Manning has a tough job but we as supporters are so our of touch with modern football coaching on the main - we are the WORST people to determine he is the wrong person for this club.

Speak to people in the game and read up about Manning and based on who we are, it's a perfectly acceptable if not a very good choice for us. 

Too many on here are blinkered by football manager and 'names' that they fail to see, the game of football has evolved massively in the last 24 months. At professional level, it's being played in a way and system not seen before.

NP was stuck in the old school approach (nothing wrong with that, if your thing) but we've actually gone and got ourselves a progressive coach, that develops youth and yet posters are besides themselves at who is coming in. 

I understand what a forum is for, but some perspective wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I agree but to me this is an obvious consequence of the decision made, however some of the enshrining of Nige into something he absolutely wasn't is just wierd, the fact that we've been told that a man who spent what a season and a half at the top level all of that either getting a side relegated or saving a side from relegation has an elite mentality that a man who has been credited with developing some top class talent at West Ham doesn't have an elite mentality. 

1 minute ago, Sandhurst Red said:

NP was stuck in the old school approach (nothing wrong with that, if your thing) but we've actually gone and got ourselves a progressive coach

How is he progressive? Apart from being young.  How will he utilise this squad better than Pearson did? How is he an improvement to what we had before? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

You ignored the bit where you were told he's played 4 at the back every game bar 1 this season though didn't you...

If you're going to be unreasonable about this, at least have the integrity to be honest while doing so.

I'm unreasonable for not wanting someone who was sacked by MK a year ago? Right. 

I looked at their past few games where they played 3 at the back plus i read some articles about him playing 3atb so if youre going to cast aspersions, then please have the integrity of being honest while doing so.

45 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

What excites me about this is that he obviously sees plenty of potential in this squad to make what is a pretty high risk move for him, ballsy decision when he's plane sailing at Oxford presently.  Get's my vote that 

Really? A load more money, better facilities, more exposure. If he gets sacked then he makes a mint. Win win for him. Not ballsy at all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Mark my words there will be some humble pie being served in 6-12 months time. Manning has a tough job but we as supporters are so out of touch with modern football coaching in the main - we are the WORST people to determine he is the wrong person for this club.

Speak to people in the game and read up about Manning and based on who we are, it's a perfectly acceptable if not a very good choice for us. 

Too many on here are blinkered by football manager and 'names' that they fail to see, the game of football has evolved massively in the last 24 months. At professional level, it's being played in a way and system not seen before and some clubs will get left behind. 

NP was stuck in the old school approach (nothing wrong with that, if your thing) but we've actually gone and got ourselves a progressive coach, that develops youth and yet posters are besides themselves at who is coming in. 

My gut instinct is that he's got something about him. That we've probably done well to nab him before someone higher up the food chain - or someone lower who then passes us by!

What I worry about - based on the posters who know plenty about the way his sides play - is that we haven't got the right mix of players.

We may well have unearthed a good un who fits the owner's (current) vision - but does he fit the players we've got? That's far more important.

Otherwise, it'll be "give me three transfer windows" again, and round and round we go. 

I'm cautiously optimistic. (Assuming it happens) 

If we continue to have an absurd injury list, we'd struggle with Guardiola in charge. So that has to change. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

2 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Excited?

More intrigued to be honest, but I am certainly more in favour of a Manager like this than some of the more supposedly illustrious names suggested. 

It's a huge advantage that he doesn't have to revamp the whole place and can concentrate on day to day coaching.

11 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Mark my words there will be some humble pie being served in 6-12 months time. Manning has a tough job but we as supporters are so out of touch with modern football coaching in the main - we are the WORST people to determine he is the wrong person for this club.

Too many on here are blinkered by football manager and 'names' that they fail to see, the game of football has evolved massively in the last 24 months. At professional level, it's being played in a way and system not seen before and some clubs will get left behind. 

At last, a well balanced and informed post rather than the deluded comments of those who expected a high profile coach who was going to wave a magic wand and get us promoted 

If it is Manning then I’m happy to back him and support the players rather than write him off before he’s even started 

• Like 4

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

What's your point?

League 1 managers all know nothing about football and all "bullshit" their way into jobs?

Any manager who has been fired from a job is automatically a bad manager and we should assume they don't know what they're talking about?

Off the top of my head, Michael Duff and Russell Martin have both hardly done much. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Like who? People at MK? 

All of whom only say very good things about him, including the current youth setup. 

Manning paid the ultimate price for players going and new ones coming in and arguably he overachieved the season before. 

In the modern game (unless you are LJ) you can't get away with a losing streak like he did, but I wouldn't be fooled by that blot on his copybook. They lost games, but were outplaying teams but didn't score when they had chances. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He was sacked from MK a year ago.

Are you judging him because he got sacked, or sacked by MKD?, because every manager with the exception of Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp has been sacked. Sacked from MKD because they are a small club? Did you see what he achieved with them the season before he got sacked, and then the club sold their best players? Sounds familiar right?

You have stubbornly made your mind up, and its incredibly myopic.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sandhurst Red said:

All of whom only say very good things about him, including the current youth setup. 

Manning paid the ultimate price for players going and new ones coming in and arguably he overachieved the season before. 

In the modern game (unless you are LJ) you can't get away with a losing streak like he did, but I wouldn't be fooled by that blot on his copybook. They lost games, but were outplaying teams but didn't score when they had chances. 

Things like this is what concerns me. 

We are a Championship club aiming to get promoted to the Premier League and here we are appointing a guy that got sacked from MK a year ago, can't you see that's a huge concern? 

He's never managed in the Championship, never won promotion but this is the guy to take us up? Yes right.

Screenshot_20231106_162025_Samsung Internet.jpg