IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Go and listen again. He said promotion with this squad of players this season 

Exactly this. We don't want to just bumble along for the rest of this season. The squad is good enough and deserves a chance of promotion so we need a change. Pretty clear what he said so no excuses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I'm not sure some people completely understood what JL was saying. He didn't say we have to go up.

He said the goal is promotion and that we should be competing to be in the top 6.

I'm fairly sure if we don't do that, he will get another crack next season as long as they are happy with what they are seeing.

But then Gavin Marshall came out on his glory and said promotion is the expectation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was a stupid statement from Lansdown & puts extra pressure on him. Like I said earlier. Pressure should be put on Lansdown & tinnion , not manning 

Agree with you totally. Putting my disappointment at his imminent arrival to one side I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Unwanted by many and with a target that’s very tough and somewhat unlikely. If he pulls it off fantastic, but you’d have to say it’s unlikely. Presumably if he doesn’t achieve it he will be sacked too?

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Slagging us off when we are clearly ahead of them?

Maybe, just maybe, Manning is the man to break the cycle and we are able to usurp them?

He’s not slagging us off . He’s complementary about the ground & crowds , but he’s right . We’ve underperformed for years. Don’t be so precious 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was a stupid statement from Lansdown & puts extra pressure on him. Like I said earlier. Pressure should be put on Lansdown & tinnion , not manning 

It was a stupid statement but it was made out of desperation. Desperation to justify the sacking of someone who didn’t deserve it.

• Like 5

Just now, One Team said:

According to Lansdown he wasn’t going to so was sacked. Reality is we will never know. 

Agreed , but we need to move on its like Pearson is a bloody club icon. Thankful for what he did behind the scenes and I'm sure that foundation will be used in a way he had plans for, but on the pitch it wasn't very good at times. The amount of away games I've been to in the last 3 seasons where almost all the city fans booed the players and were not happy was alot more common than the pearson cult will admit. Like I said the hard work from how the club is ran is fantastic and I'm hoping that identity stays for a long time.  I'm looking foward to a new chapter now and seeing whats next !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Agree with you totally. Putting my disappointment at his imminent arrival to one side I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Unwanted by many and with a target that’s very tough and somewhat unlikely. If he pulls it off fantastic, but you’d have to say it’s unlikely. Presumably if he doesn’t achieve it he will be sacked too?

He’s not going to be sacked if we’re not promoted this season. Some of this has got hysterical now . The bloke needs time to get the squad playing his way. From the videos I’ve seen , he plays some very good attacking football 

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Agreed , but we need to move on its like Pearson is a bloody club icon. Thankful for what he did behind the scenes and I'm sure that foundation will be used in a way he had plans for, but on the pitch it wasn't very good at times. The amount of away games I've been to in the last 3 seasons where almost all the city fans booed the players and were not happy was alot more common than the pearson cult will admit. Like I said the hard work from how the club is ran is fantastic and I'm hoping that identity stays for a long time.  I'm looking foward to a new chapter now and seeing whats next !

Another person whose views I don’t quite align with but can have a decent debate with. 👍👍 What is going on with OTIB?! 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

This time last year Luton took on Rob Edwards and few thought he had the experience (Just 10 Championship games) to take them up with a hardworking but not especially talented squad. It can work !

Is that the same Luton that were in the play offs the year before. So building gradually, which is exactly what we were doing under NP.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Slagging us off when we are clearly ahead of them?

Maybe, just maybe, Manning is the man to break the cycle and we are able to usurp them?

Not exactly miles ahead of them are we? They've even won a major trophy unlike us.

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes, that was the hope/expectation/target - it's not going to be for the new man, this season.

That would be ridiculous as he isn't starting from level pegging with the rest of the teams, like NP was - he had a deficit to make up & 15 games less to achieve anything.

Progress will be expected, but it would be extremely harsh to expect any manager to be targeted with getting top 6 this season and would be outstanding if he managed it..!

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Not wsm seagull but our esteemed Chairman. Said we're getting promoted THIS season 

He didn't say that though did he. He said the aim is still promotion this season. Why wouldn't it be? I know its popular to berate or turn everything negative right now but let's not spin the truth to suit agendas.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s not going to be sacked if we’re not promoted this season. Some of this has got hysterical now . The bloke needs time to get the squad playing his way. From the videos I’ve seen , he plays some very good attacking football 

I agree with a lot of your comments Stevie, I think it’s the critique of the ridiculous Lansdown decision making people are frustrated with. Maybe this is what they meant by the fans getting excited? 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, One Team said:

Pearson pulled your pants down, it’s not 2010 anymore, Manning will be an excellent appointment.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 10

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, that was the hope/expectation/target - it's not going to be for the new man, this season.

That would be ridiculous as he isn't starting from level pegging with the rest of the teams, like NP was - he had a deficit to make up & 15 games less to achieve anything.

Progress will be expected, but it would be extremely harsh to expect any manager to be targeted with getting top 6 this season and would be outstanding if he managed it..!

So we rip up the template of the past 3 years and start all over again..... wonderful 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But according to the people who matter we have a squad at this very moment to get promoted to the premier league, and they are saying Manning is the one to oversee it. So yes, promotion this season. None of this bedding in b0llocks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No way I wanted Nige gone but Christ people calm the **** down , Lansdown Jnr said he expected Nige to get this squad into the play offs etc , and wrongly in my opinion got rid , the sacking was personal as we all know but you can’t put all this bile on to a new guy  who’s got nothing to do with it .

Anyone taking on a new job has to acclimatise and hopefully quickly but let’s hope he can get off to a good start, but just piling the Pearson anger on any new guy is pointless.

We are City fans first and foremost , but not sure you would think that reading this forum.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2