IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

And for people that don't believe in X (the platform previously known as Twitter)...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/liam-manning-appointed-bristol-city-head-coach/

Liam Manning appointed Bristol City Head Coach
07 November 2023

Bristol City have appointed Liam Manning as Head Coach on a three-and-half-year contract until June 2027.

Manning joins from Oxford United along with Chris Hogg, who will become Assistant Head Coach.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Liam is a great fit for the club and the style of play we want. He has a very detailed approach to coaching, improving players and getting the best out of them as his record at MK Dons and Oxford United shows, while he has valuable experience within the (Manchester) City Group and in Belgium.

“As soon as we made the change Liam was our first choice and we are grateful to Oxford United for the extremely professional way they have approached the departure of someone who was doing a fantastic job for them.

“We are excited about the arrival of Liam and Chris and fulfilling the ambition we all have for the club with this talented and committed group of players.”    

Manning said: “This is a terrific opportunity and one that I’m really looking forward to. If you look at the vision of the club and where they want to get to and how they want to get there I think there is really good fit and alignment with my journey and where I want to get to.

“We are custodians and you have to respect and understand the past and the culture of the area that you’ve moved and leave the club in a better state than we found it.

“We’ll be doing our upmost in terms of the day to day in putting really strong processes in place, getting emotionally invested in what we do and having that passion, that drive, that hunger to improve everything.”

Manning is excited about working with the group of players he met for the first time today, saying: “You want players that you can coach and are mouldable and on an upward trajectory in their career. I think that brings certain behaviours in terms of drive, intensity and ambition which align with how we want to work.”

Edited by CiderJar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is going to be very interesting seeing how this one plays out. This is the man the board have said in no uncertain terms will be leading us to the premier league. They will be left with egg on their face if that does not happen.

In the meantime, welcome to the club Liam. As much as I disagree with what has happened, he is here and will have the support… for now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

So do you think he was taken to one side as he left the training pitch today and was told he was being sacked?

Or is it possible he was told on Saturday that a new head coach was coming in and his contract would be terminated on Monday as things stood?

It's obviously possible he was informed on Saturday but some people made it sound like he was taken out to the bins and shot dead by Jon Lansdown with a pistol at close range.

7 minutes ago, chowie said:

3.5 year contract... so if we don't get top 6 this season we have to pretty much pay him off 3 years!

Not that I want to talk about his departure 17 minutes after he's appointed - but there's almost certainly clauses in the contract that provide for certain payments based on when he leaves.

We wouldn't be simply paying up whatever is "left" on his contract.

• Like 1