IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

1 minute ago, GrumpyGit said:

As an Oxford fan, I hope he gets you relegated and he ends up sacked.
Manning has shown he’s got no loyalty. He was doing nothing prior to his appointment, the Oxford board took him on and backed him to the hilt in the close season, now he’s shown that a sniff at the Championship and he’s off, leaving Oxford in the shit.  13 games where he managed to keep us up, just, then got us to 2nd in League One in what is a poor division.

If he’d left at the end of the season, fair enough, but to do it a third of the way through is galling. 

Hope QPR beat you Saturday.

regards

Yea but apart from that.......

Manning has shown he’s got no loyalty. He was doing nothing prior to his appointment, the Oxford board took him on and backed him to the hilt in the close season, now he’s shown that a sniff at the Championship and he’s off, leaving Oxford in the shit.  13 games where he managed to keep us up, just, then got us to 2nd in League One in what is a poor division.

If he’d left at the end of the season, fair enough, but to do it a third of the way through is galling. 

regards

Thanks for the input now **** off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

regards

Thanks for your warm wishes 😊

regards

Maybe he knows his limitations and has taken the money while he can? Would join a long list of City appointments to have done the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

I never get this, as tbh, he was contracted to them, and if they didn’t want him to leave etc, they could have said Bristol City you don’t have permission to talk to him, and to do so we want £10m. 
The fact is, they give permission and agree compensation, so they can’t really play that card. 

Unless he had a clause inserted in his contract, like other managers do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

Haven't you got a PapaCheckaPaintBristolStreet game to be getting ready for tonight?

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

**** me ,you really are Grumpy.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

You didnt get anything out of his employment? he saved you from going down and got you pushing for promotion...

You better go buy some tampons pal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

So there we have it then, its confirmed.

One of the most underwhelming management appointments in Lansdown’s tenure. Not quite the ridiculousness of Dean Holden, but still taken a job many didn’t want to see vacant in the first place. 

He’s got a hell of a job getting a lot of fans on side who didn’t want Pearson sacked, along with gaining promotion with having no previous experience of doing so. 

I’m sure he’s a decent bloke though and will have been briefed on what he’s walking into, good luck Liam, in any event. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

He said that’s the standard he expects from this squad, it was the basis for the decision to sack NP. He may find that comes back to haunt him, but let’s all hope it doesn’t and LM gets us up there.

He said the standard was that we have to get promoted? Genuine question.

I've now see it repeated so many times on the forum but I cannot find the quote. Just the ones I mention in my original post.

5 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

Mate, just look at his recent CV; he doesn't stick around when an opportunity comes up!

I'm expecting the same here.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

regards

Welcome to the world of football and pecking orders!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1