IGNORED

Liam Manning - CONFIRMED NEW HEAD COACH

Lydered

13 minutes ago, GrumpyGit said:

As an Oxford fan, I hope he gets you relegated and he ends up sacked.
Manning has shown he’s got no loyalty. He was doing nothing prior to his appointment, the Oxford board took him on and backed him to the hilt in the close season, now he’s shown that a sniff at the Championship and he’s off, leaving Oxford in the shit.  13 games where he managed to keep us up, just, then got us to 2nd in League One in what is a poor division.

If he’d left at the end of the season, fair enough, but to do it a third of the way through is galling. 

Hope QPR beat you Saturday.

regards

See you’re taking it well then! 😇

This is football for you.  If he does shit, he’ll be looking for a new job and if he does well, he’ll probably join the procession to Bournemouth.  

It’s a pain in the arse, but it all comes down to the pecking order in the game.  There’s very little loyalty on either side of the fence, so we just have to accept it and suck it up, just like when we lost Alex Scott.

Good luck for the rest of the season and and if he’s as good as some of your fans have claimed, he’s left you with some solid foundations to work with.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's obviously possible he was informed on Saturday but some people made it sound like he was taken out to the bins and shot dead by Jon Lansdown with a pistol at close range.

Imagine that bloke in charge of a firearm -

He'd be more likely to hole himself than anybody else 😆

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My sister has been married 3 times. Each new husband has been welcomed into the family though from our point of view, we got on well with the previous one.

That is how this feels. The new manager will have my support even though I wanted Nige to stay.

On a side note, my sister nearly married a Notts Forest fan, fortunately not as he turned out to be a complete @rse.

Still time by the sounds of it 

• Haha 2

"We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success".

That was Jon Lansdown not long after the sacking.

Pressure on from the getgo?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

£120 up here in BS4. Straight in the coffers for Bristol City related Christmas presents for nephews and nieces, just the way our lord & saviour Steve Lansdown intended.  

Hope i get more than socks this year Uncle Pete

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably an in house thing with cosy Dave Barton or dear old Toby Osborne?

Still, it might be interesting to see if any of the "top 6/squad capable of promotion" stuff is doubled-down on.

Could have been a load of puff but if that kind of stuff is referenced in his contract then we might state it publicly now.

Indeed. My guess is Jon will row back on that stuff. It was convenient to say when justifying sacking Pearson (though the majority of fans seem to think it was nonsense) but doubling down on it would put pressure on Manning.

For once I'm looking forward to an interview with JL. 😉

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All I’m saying is that termination clauses don’t have to match remaining term of contract.

I'm sure I heard on Talksport a while ago that the standard was one year's salary on termination. Obviously this can probably vary in an upward direction but I'm sure some bloke from the LMA said it was a years money.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok , your becoming pretty wearing now with the constant drivel . Nobody wanted nige gone but he has & he ain’t coming back . We all know how you feel. So could you please , try to find some positivity or just shut the **** up 😊

Agree with this tbh. I also understand one or two who have buggered off on principle. However on the basis that I'm still going on a Saturday it's pointless NOT getting behind the new bloke and also being realistic about what he can achieve. My thoughts on the Snake and Crayola are a different matter but it is pointless getting on the new bloke's back unless we are fighting a relegation battle in a few months - then he's ****** it up as far as I'm concerned.

We do lack quality but are certainly GOOD ENOUGH to get results whilst changing to a style that is more attacking in time (which I thought Nige was doing anyway until the injuries derailed us). I hope that he doesn't listen to much to our football guru Tinnsy because if he thinks he can come in and start playing fast pressing football straight away with the players we've got then he will learn a very harsh lesson at the level he now manages at.

Good luck to him and I hope most people have the sense to let him manage for a while stay off his back initially at least. He wasn't the *** that sacked Nige......

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, chinapig said:

Indeed. My guess is Jon will row back on that stuff. It was convenient to say when justifying sacking Pearson (though the majority of fans seem to think it was nonsense) but doubling down on it would put pressure on Manning.

For once I'm looking forward to an interview with JL. 😉

👏🏼

This , absolutely

Watch for plenty of future changing the goalposts from Crayola Boy & BT Sid the snake

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Right for what it's worth.

The decision to get rid of Pearson, the timing and the way they did it was wrong.

Got nothing against Manning.

If he delivers, he'll be our hero (and worshipped). If he doesn't, he'll, quite rightly, get pelters from the fans (and the boot).

Good luck to him, for all our sakes.

But there ain't no honeymoon period.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

£120 up here in BS4. Straight in the coffers for Bristol City related Christmas presents for nephews and nieces, just the way our lord & saviour Steve Lansdown intended.  

Just asked to give a few fellow supporters something to celebrate today. Seems to be a lot of negativity on here.

Edited by robin_unreliant

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The decision to get rid of Pearson, the timing and the way they did it was wrong.

If he delivers, he'll be our hero (and worshipped). If he doesn't, he'll, quite rightly, get pelters from the fans (and the boot).

Knowing City there will indeed be a period during the honeymoon.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree with this tbh. I also understand one or two who have buggered off on principle. However on the basis that I'm still going on a Saturday it's pointless NOT getting behind the new bloke and also being realistic about what he can achieve. My thoughts on the Snake and Crayola are a different matter but it is pointless getting on the new bloke's back unless we are fighting a relegation battle in a few months - then he's ****** it up as far as I'm concerned.

We do lack quality but are certainly GOOD ENOUGH to get results whilst changing to a style that is more attacking in time (which I thought Nige was doing anyway until the injuries derailed us). I hope that he doesn't listen to much to our football guru Tinnsy because if he thinks he can come in and start playing fast pressing football straight away with the players we've got then he will learn a very harsh lesson at the level he now manages at.

Good luck to him and I hope most people have the sense to let him manage for a while stay off his back initially at least. He wasn't the *** that sacked Nige......

Agree 100% I didn’t go Saturday as I was still pissed off . I want to watch our team play though & will get behind LM. As you say he didn’t sack NP . I lost faith in the lansdowns a while ago but I really want them to prove me wrong because it will only benefit everyone . This has to be tinnions appointment so at least it’s a football man’s decision this time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Careful Joe. You have made your feelings known over the last week a few time now. By doing so again, you may end up upsetting some on here. 

For all those saying this is an underwhelming appointment, who would they have suggested?

Is it going to be a bit like the times when posters suggest that we need a championship proven 20 goal a season striker, as though they grow on trees (only 3 strikers managed 20+ goals last season)?

• Like 1