IGNORED

Team for Saturday

Zuni

3 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Will be interesting if Fleming sticks with Pearsons way or has been pressured into changing things !

From what Tinnion said, I honestly don’t think he was coming up with much different to what we were trying to do. You put Alex Scott in our team this season it’s hugely different. Players make systems, not the other way around (generally speaking).

Edited by Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From what Tinnion said, I honestly don’t think he was coming up with much different to what we were trying to do. You put Alex Scott in our team this season it’s hugely different. Players make systems, not the other way around (generally speaking).

And that is what they are trying to change if I heard them correctly. Philosophy and formation first and finding players to suit. Academy playing the same way etc. Swansea(alike).

Just now, Zuni said:

And that is what they are trying to change if I heard them correctly. Philosophy and formation first and finding players to suit. Academy playing the same way etc. Swansea(alike).

No, this is exactly what philosophy / system we were told when we met RG and Gilhespy Feb / March 2022.  It’s the same as when I met Rennie just before pre-season.

The change they appear to want is executing it better (on the pitch)!!!!  That’s fair - but I think no Scott impacts that!!!

Recruitment won’t change, it’s what they’ve recruited to for last few windows. Budget constrains execution.

This is being made to sound like a change. It isn’t. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, this is exactly what philosophy / system we were told when we met RG and Gilhespy Feb / March 2022.  It’s the same as when I met Rennie just before pre-season.

The change they appear to want is executing it better (on the pitch)!!!!  That’s fair - but I think no Scott impacts that!!!

Recruitment won’t change, it’s what they’ve recruited to for last few windows. Budget constrains execution.

fair enough.

If Tanner and Naismith are fit to start -

MOL

Tanner     Vyner     Dickie     Pring

TGH      Knight     Naismith

Sykes     Weimann     Bell

• Hmmm 2

Actually one of the benefits of the injuries was seeing TGH and Knight in the ‘deeper’ centre mid positions.

Thought Knight especially was more effective from deep vs. Cardiff and had one of his best games. 

So I kind of hope they stay with TGH and Knight there, rather than bring in Naismith. I’d be happy with either Weimann or Mehmeti in the 10.

Sykes back outwide FW - so Tanner has to come back in.

Vyner and Dickie for me at CB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zuni said:

fair enough.

It’s kinda why I half-laugh whenever I hear the terms:

-forward thinking / attacking football

-front foot

-high press

-etc

usually with:

-modern manager

sometimes forward thinking football is substituted with forward thinking manager.

I think Tins might’ve even said “that we’ve been recruiting to for a while”.  If you look back at TGH, Knight, McCrorie (from what we saw at Aberdeen) we see that recruitment plan already in place, ditto Cornick and Mehmeti (theory rather than evidence 😉).

The strategy hasn’t changed that much.

Might we see someone like James let go at the end of the season as we move towards more Knight and TGH types?  Probably.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zuni said:

MOL

As you only joined OTIB on Saturday & have been prolifically posting since (!), I have no idea how long you’ve “supported” City..

No way will Weimann be our CF, it will be either Conway or Cornick.

I really can’t see all 3 players that have returned to training recently starting, definitely one, possibly two, certainly not three.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As you only joined OTIB on Saturday & have been prolifically posting since (!), I have no idea how long you’ve “supported” City..

No way will Weimann be our CF, it will be either Conway or Cornick.

I really can’t see all 3 players that have returned to training recently starting, definitely one, possibly two, certainly not three.

Thank you for your opinion, just as valid as mine.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Your last line, the U21s have mimicked the first team to the extent that they have played 3 CBs in a back 4 (DI or RA) being played at LB when both are clearly CBs.

I’d go the following if the 3 returners are fit:

MOL

Tanner Vyner Dickie Pring

TGH  Naismith Knight

Sykes  Conway  Memehti

Personally would leave out Bell & thought Memehti did well at Cardiff & need to get our £1m back at it. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Zuni said:

MOL

Like it except for Weimann down the middle. I’d be benching Bell too for Mehmeti. Bell just ain’t doing it for me. Not on the left anyway. Think he is a right winger. He don’t look to cut in and shoot enough for me. Likes to go left and hit dink left footed crosses. Just do that on strong foot on right

It's tricky because we are still working with some unknowns regarding fitness, I think I'd give Kal another week to really make certain he's ready. As once he is back, he can cover so many positions and be really useful, so we need him to stay back. 

So on that logic, I think I'd go (4231):

O'Leary; Tanner, Vyner, Dickie, Pring; TGH, Knight; Sykes, Conway, Bell; Cornick.

Subs: Bajic, Naismith, Weimann, Yeboah, Mehmeti, J. James, Knight-Lebel, Nelson, Idehen.

I think Conway and Cornick would benefit from having the other buzzing around them. Both have historically performed better with someone to play closely with. And I'm just shading Bell over Mehmeti, I think he'll be back to what we know soon.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

That's what annoys me the most with Tinnions "tow the party line" video.

It was basically repeating everything Nige set up and aimed for. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like it except for Weimann down the middle. I’d be benching Bell too for Mehmeti.

I'd be tempted to play Mehmeti , definitely worth a start and I was impressed with him at Cardiff. 
I do agree that Bell has been off lately, I like his pace and willingness to go outside the FB but a rest may help. 

Probably go.

O'Leary

Tanner - Vyner - Dickie - Pring

James

TGH - Knight
Sykes ------------------ Mehmeti

Conway 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Zuni said:

MOL

Weimann for Conway?

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'd be tempted to play Mehmeti , definitely worth a start and I was impressed with him at Cardiff. 
I do agree that Bell has been off lately, I like his pace and willingness to go outside the FB but a rest may help. 

Probably go.

O'Leary

James

TGH - Knight

Conway 

This, with Naismith on the bench to swap with Vyner, but play LCB & swap Dickie to RCB, so Vyner & Naismith share the load first game back. Would stick with Mehmeti and bring Bell on as impact sub, along with Cornick

Edited by Ashtongreight
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Probably go.

O'Leary

James

TGH - Knight

Conway 

Agree about Mehmeti at Cardiff. But he played the best part of his game there much more centrally. Not sure how you fit that into a side with more players available but I wouldn’t mind seeing him have a run of games there. 

• Like 1