IGNORED

Massive decision about to happen..

PFree

I’m sure I am not alone in feeling a little lost this week and frustrated with how our club is run, but, whilst these are difficult times, there have been worse times in my several decades as a fan and ST holder. I will still always feel though that NP was treated badly.

I am however at that point where the new Head Coach appointment will help me decide what, as a fan, I do next. It’s been a shambles at City for a long time, and this whole latest episode has cut far deeper than anybody at the club seems to understand.

So, we are about to find out who they appoint:

A non-proven, low cost, yes man, or an appointment that speaks volumes with somebody who has been there in promotion to the Premier, and actually worn that t-shirt.

With a nobody, I am sorry, but that means several more years of low spend, cost cutting, mediocre performances and possible relegation - why therefore renew, as as much as I love the club, it’s expensive to follow, particularly when going away. Until SL is gone, after such a decision, you know things will never change - it’s the definition of madness to keep doing the same things whilst expecting a different outcome.

BUT, if they made an appointment that suggested they have learned from their mistakes and where they publicly vow to support financially, what a difference that would make?

• Thanks 1

Re ownership, my burnley mates are not happy with the american ownership. SL being a local will have more connection with the club and the area than any foreign ownership, especially a company that may own other clubs in different countries. I always feel multi club ownership is a way of money laundering.

If someone wants to buy into the club then I would be happier with that.

Re new head coach- the correct appointment and getting key players back from injury could easily see us in and around top 10.

Without an out and out striker not good enough for top 6.

A top 10 finish could lead to player investment for next season.

Next 2 games will see how NP going has affected things.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

45 minutes ago, PFree said:

I’m sure I am not alone in feeling a little lost this week and frustrated with how our club is run, but, whilst these are difficult times, there have been worse times in my several decades as a fan and ST holder. I will still always feel though that NP was treated badly.

I am however at that point where the new Head Coach appointment will help me decide what, as a fan, I do next. It’s been a shambles at City for a long time, and this whole latest episode has cut far deeper than anybody at the club seems to understand.

A non-proven, low cost, yes man, or an appointment that speaks volumes with somebody who has been there in promotion to the Premier, and actually worn that t-shirt.

With a nobody, I am sorry, but that means several more years of low spend, cost cutting, mediocre performances and possible relegation - why therefore renew, as as much as I love the club, it’s expensive to follow, particularly when going away. Until SL is gone, after such a decision, you know things will never change - it’s the definition of madness to keep doing the same things whilst expecting a different outcome.

BUT, if they made an appointment that suggested they have learned from their mistakes and where they publicly vow to support financially, what a difference that would make?

What about a manager who has come here who has done okay in PL or another top 4 or 5 League in Europe. Some interesting Bundesliga names mentioned on here.

Conversely, there are managers who at some point have won promotion to the PL who may not appeal. Parker for one, Heckingbottom perhaps another. Karanka probably would be quite meh. Going further back, Coyle or Jewell- or *gasp* Holloway who went up twice.

(Whether they especially PL or top division experience would wish to work under our board or Tinnion is a completely different debate).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Come off it. They are not going to learn. Hell the failure of decision they made all those years with Tinnion should have been the catalyst to sort things out. The blokes running the ship now 😂

I’m past angry now. It is what it is until they eventually just **** off. I’ll see it as a day out drinking with friends with the football being the sideshow. That’ll be mainly away games too.  

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Has to be a big character who is worthy of respect. Otherwise who is the figurehead? Tinnion - no thanks. Lansdown - must be joking.

Now Nige isn't about, there'll be no-one worthy of respect at the top of the club if they go for another yes man (which is probably what they'll do of course).

Edited by Ben1980

39 minutes ago, Jose said:

Come off it. They are not going to learn. Hell the failure of decision they made all those years with Tinnion should have been the catalyst to sort things out. The blokes running the ship now 😂

I’m past angry now. It is what it is until they eventually just **** off. I’ll see it as a day out drinking with friends with the football being the sideshow. That’ll be mainly away games too.  

That's the breathtaking bit. It could literally only happen at our club (sorry to the BS Bots on here, I meant Steve's club which we are customers of). At least when Nige was there he could give him a clip round the ear and tell him to pipe down. Now he's the main man.

• Like 2

When I look at the list of options as coach/managers I think to myself, Christ, what have we done sacking Nige. If he was on that list he would probably be odds on favourite. 

This is make or break for the Lansdowns. As Jon said, they now know what they are looking for so if this goes wrong, the blame is solely theirs. 

I'm expecting to be  underwhelmed by the new name but I'm hoping, to be pleasantly surprised. 

I'll be there tomorrow for the players and CF but the outcome of the game, win, lose or draw, will prove nothing. 

Good luck Nige in the future. I'll always wonder what might have been. 

Over 65 years following this club now. What a roller-coaster it's been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PFree said:

When you say "about to happen"... do you have a timescale by any chance?

I was under the impression nothing was imminent (s auce - KITR) but you make it sound like something might happen before I've had me tea.

Should I wait to put the chips on?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

When you say "about to happen"... do you have a timescale by any chance?

I was under the impression nothing was imminent (Source - KITR) but you make it sound like something might happen before I've had me tea.

Should I wait to put the chips on?

I’d have your tea if I was you..

12 minutes ago, tin said:

They’ve had more than 20 years to learn from their mistakes, how anyone thinks there’s even the slightest chance they will have had some sort of epiphany now is beyond me. I’m not letting them off the hook. 

Absolutely. Unless they're using expert advisors from outside the building, no sane person should be confident that the "brains trust" left in charge of our club will choose the right man.

Not to say they won't - there's always a chance they'll fluke it - but we can't be confident, for sure.