IGNORED

Players to be informed tomorrow l

BCFC31

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Not even a joke or trying to poke the bear, but just drove past about 4 filming vans/buses on new Charlotte st with people loading out cameras and mics etc, and a lot of people stood around being pointed into position.

Not out the question that the lounge is being used for some scene / filming in an itv/bbc/Netflix series thingy. 

That makes more sense than there being a plan in place and announcement due

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , he was bursting to reveal his exclusive......from his ‘impeccable sources’.......

..............’An exciting appointment, possibly a foreign coach , possibly a no 2 in Germany or similar’.....

Clearly been reading OTIB and a compliment to KITR & Co as ‘impeccable sources’  🤣

You know listening to what he said on the podcast, it did sound vaguely familiar from a post on here actually🤔

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Allegedly taking an enforced break due to something he said on non football chat but maybe for entirely other reasons. I hope he's back before too long.

Nothing alleged about it, read the thread about the display S82 lads did for a city fan with a terminal illness, he still continued to troll finding it funny, I imagine under the influence of drink.

Still find it pretty disgusting now. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looking like Frank Lamp post from the betting odds, hoping all is going to be revealed tomorrow.

The thing is that whoever comes, he is going to want transfer funds, which begs the question, why were funds not made available to Nigel?

Screenshot_20231105-224455_Chrome.jpg

Because they didn’t want to give funds to a manager who they didn’t want there. Don’t forget JL is on record as saying we are in the top 10 budgets in the league!

50 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Because they didn’t want to give funds to a manager who they didn’t want there. Don’t forget JL is on record as saying we are in the top 10 budgets in the league!

A top 10 budget doesn't sound credible to me or indeed any of us.

I expect it is about 12th-15th but I eagerly await the accounts for last season as a starting point.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A top 10 budget doesn't sound credible to me or indeed any of us.

I expect it is about 12th-15th but I eagerly await the accounts for last season as a starting point.

I am not included in that.

I would think it very credible we are a top 10 budget.

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what do you mean by “under coached”?

Lacking in detail, pedestrian in pace of play, unorganised at times when out of possession, not passing with a purpose etc etc.

Not a terrible side but could be improved - IMO.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zuni said:

I am not included in that.

I would think it very credible we are a top 10 budget.

I find that hard to believe.

What do we define as budget as well?

Costs of BCFC Holdings, cost of BCFC FC.

Football wages, wages plus amortisation and this hear for once, loan fee again may come under amortisation.

Do we include academy expenditure, what expressly is included.

The 5 with Parachute money are ahead for one. Birmingham have they cut back much this summer? Stoke have made a push.

West Brom I believe have a wage bill exceeding turnover, much of it will be the Football side.

Coventry have spent big albeit from a lower base. See Hull for similar.

Hard to say right now for sides such as Blackburn, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Preston, QPR, Sunderland.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I find that hard to believe.

What do we define as budget as well?

Costs of BCFC Holdings, cost of BCFC FC.

Football wages, wages plus amortisation and this hear for once, loan fee again may come under amortisation.

Do we include academy expenditure, what expressly is included.

The 5 with Parachute money are ahead for one. Birmingham have they cut back much this summer? Stoke have made a push.

West Brom I believe have a wage bill exceeding turnover, much of it will be the Football side.

Coventry have spent big albeit from a lower base. See Hull for similar.

Hard to say right now for sides such as Blackburn, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Preston, QPR, Sunderland.

Yes, agreed, definitely a bit of an ambiguous statement.

I would take it that he meant total money paid to players in wages and bonuses.

If this is indeed what he meant, I would think we are probably in the top 10.

6 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Lacking in detail, pedestrian in pace of play, unorganised at times when out of possession, not passing with a purpose etc etc.

Not a terrible side but could be improved - IMO.

Undoubtedly.

Do you know what frustrated me a bit yesterday?  Was how loose we became late in the game (back to that in a minute).  I was generally happy with us with the ball.  Each time we injected tempo with a first time pass, we looked threatening, breaking lines. creating overloads.  We couldn’t always do it…and tried to be patient.

In terms of stats, at quick glance our Match Tempo (passes per minute) was the highest of the season, but when you make 667 passes, 250 more than average, there is a tendency to pass for passings sake, so the data is misleading.  And those times we did inject tempo it made us look so much better than when we knocked it about in pedestrian style.  I think we lacked confidence, more than poorly coached, I thought there were times we could’ve pushed the tempo.  But generally I was happy we were trying to pass our way to creating chances.  That’s not an easy transition for a side like us, although TGH helps.

I also think we ended up after the subs with a lack of discipline in our side forwards roles, especially last 15.  Firstly I think Mehmeti did absolutely fine with the ball, and I think he works hard too, but he charged around a bit, and got bypassed by the clever Valentin, who Pring did well to contain.  On the other side Bell did little with the ball, bar the scuff that hit the post, but switched off without the ball.  Sykes got left on his own too often, which is crazy with a one-man advantage.  I’m not sure Sykes going to RB is that great an option anyway.  On paper against 10-men, I see the sense, with Tanner just back, but I don’t think it has worked that well for us.  Sykes influences better from RF.  I would’ve sooner seen JKL on.

That’s my thoughts anyway! 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zuni said:

Yes, agreed, definitely a bit of an ambiguous statement.

I would take it that he meant total money paid to players in wages and bonuses.

If this is indeed what he meant, I would think we are probably in the top 10.

If players wages, we will be much lower than top-10.  SL said we were around the £18m last season, and we’ve cut further since then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Undoubtedly.

Do you know what frustrated me a bit yesterday?  Was how loose we became late in the game (back to that in a minute).  I was generally happy with us with the ball.  Each time we injected tempo with a first time pass, we looked threatening, breaking lines. creating overloads.  We couldn’t always do it…and tried to be patient.

In terms of stats, at quick glance our Match Tempo (passes per minute) was the highest of the season, but when you make 667 passes, 250 more than average, there is a tendency to pass for passings sake, so the data is misleading.  And those times we did inject tempo it made us look so much better than when we knocked it about in pedestrian style.  I think we lacked confidence, more than poorly coached, I thought there were times we could’ve pushed the tempo.  But generally I was happy we were trying to pass our way to creating chances.  That’s not an easy transition for a side like us, although TGH helps.

I also think we ended up after the subs with a lack of discipline in our side forwards roles, especially last 15.  Firstly I think Mehmeti did absolutely fine with the ball, and I think he works hard too, but he charged around a bit, and got bypassed by the clever Valentin, who Pring did well to contain.  On the other side Bell did little with the ball, bar the scuff that hit the post, but switched off without the ball.  Sykes got left on his own too often, which is crazy with a one-man advantage.  I’m not sure Sykes going to RB is that great an option anyway.  On paper against 10-men, I see the sense, with Tanner just back, but I don’t think it has worked that well for us.  Sykes influences better from RF.  I would’ve sooner seen JKL on.

The midfield shape did look better on the whole yesterday, TGH was fantastic all game.

Weimann also did a great unselfish job for the team.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If players wages, we will be much lower than top-10.  SL said we were around the £18m last season, and we’ve cut further since then.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Undoubtedly.

Very good observations, Dave. I couldn’t go to the game yesterday because I wasn’t in the country but I was shouting and swearing at my laptop for the reasons you articulate. 

Last 15: there were at least a couple of occasions when we just needed to move the quickly ball to an unmarked player to open them up. And totally agree about the tactical nous of our forward subs. My god…

One thing it’s easy to overlook, I suppose, is the deeply human side - the potential for panic, the thought that, ‘we really should be beating this lot. They’re bottom. They have ten. But they won’t lie down. And they’ve got some big lads for set pieces. And. And. And.’ The negative voice on your shoulder. 

A good confident side would have seen them off comfortably, though. Sam Bell would have seen them off if he’d taken one quick touch before shooting. Control left, bang right either side of keeper. Even so, one touch should have been enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

Very good observations, Dave. I couldn’t go to the game yesterday because I wasn’t in the country but I was shouting and swearing at my laptop for the reasons you articulate. 

Last 15: there were at least a couple of occasions when we just needed to move the quickly ball to an unmarked player to open them up. And totally agree about the tactical nous of our forward subs. My god…

One thing it’s easy to overlook, I suppose, is the deeply human side - the potential for panic, the thought that, ‘we really should be beating this lot. They’re bottom. They have ten. But they won’t lie down. And they’ve got some big lads for set pieces. And. And. And.’ The negative voice on your shoulder. 

A good confident side would have seen them off comfortably, though. Sam Bell would have seen them off if he’d taken one quick touch before shooting. Control left, bang right either side of keeper. Even so, one touch should have been enough. 

I was really disappointed with Conway, he struggled big time v their CB’s. Looked distinctly average and made me think ‘we actually miss Wells’ 

18 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I was really disappointed with Conway, he struggled big time v their CB’s. Looked distinctly average and made me think ‘we actually miss Wells’ 

I agree with this. Both Tommy and Bell are struggling to match the hype from BT about being having sorted our strkers for years to come.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

I agree with this. Both Tommy and Bell are struggling to match the hype from BT about being having sorted our strkers for years to come.

Young players are inconsistent, strikers have hot and cold spells. Tommy in particular still doesn't look 100% fit to me, so I am not writing them off at all.

• Like 5