IGNORED

Players to be informed tomorrow l

BCFC31

If we are to take the two recurring themes from the main rumours going around..

• Appointment today
  • Someone fans will be excited about

Given that there are 0 firm rumours circulating naming this imminent appointment - that would make it less feasible that it's

1. someone in work
  2. a bigger name

A couple of caveats to this is that theoretically, it could be someone in work at a smaller club (Luke Williams?) who are happy to keep things under wraps as we are paying them decent comp or a foreign coach with representatives that don't move in the same gossipy UK agent circles.

When you add in the "someone fans will be excited about" - that also narrows it down. That statement implies fans "excited" at face value which probably rules out someone like Manning.

Assuming both of these themes are true... that effectively rules out almost all the names in the current SkyBet odds either by being too high profile for the information not to leak, in work (which usually leads to leaks) and lots of the smaller name managers due to not being "exciting" enough.

I think this may end up being someone completely left field that hasn't come on the bookies' radar - anyone checked PULA aircraft flight movements recently?!

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

The other thing to consider is the rumour that CF has already gone…..if that is true then surely somebody will be coming in today

Good point - the thing that’s surprised me most about the idea of today an appointment being made is no firm rumours in the press.

Usually, we’ve known at least 24 hours before. I think that’s been the case at least since Gary Johnson.

9 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

The other thing to consider is the rumour that CF has already gone…..if that is true then surely somebody will be coming in today

Not necessarily. Maybe his pre match presser rubbed people up the wrong way. BT and JL may feel that Hines and Cisse can manage for the remaining five weeks of this vigorous search.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what do you mean by “under coached”?

It's synonymous with 'under bussed', which is the past participle of what Joey Barton is good at - throwing players under the bus.

In the US the meaning is completely different, and has something to do with receiving poor service at a restaurant.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good point - the thing that’s surprised me most about the idea of today an appointment being made is no firm rumours in the press.

Usually, we’ve known at least 24 hours before. I think that’s been the case at least since Gary Johnson.

What’s Bielsa up to these days ..

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think this may end up being someone completely left field that hasn't come on the bookies' radar - anyone checked PULA aircraft flight movements recently?!

I did look for this earlier! The only private flight I could find that got me wondering was one with a few trips back and forth between Bristol and Antwerp both yesterday and later today ... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we are to take the two recurring themes from the main rumours going around..

• Appointment today
  • Someone fans will be excited about

Given that there are 0 firm rumours circulating naming this imminent appointment - that would make it less feasible that it's

1. someone in work
  2. a bigger name

A couple of caveats to this is that theoretically, it could be someone in work at a smaller club (Luke Williams?) who are happy to keep things under wraps as we are paying them decent comp or a foreign coach with representatives that don't move in the same gossipy UK agent circles.

When you add in the "someone fans will be excited about" - that also narrows it down. That statement implies fans "excited" at face value which probably rules out someone like Manning.

Assuming both of these themes are true... that effectively rules out almost all the names in the current SkyBet odds either by being too high profile for the information not to leak, in work (which usually leads to leaks) and lots of the smaller name managers due to not being "exciting" enough.

It can't be today. There isn't any buzz from media. I think there's some duff info out there. 

Hope I'm wrong because this is painful. Imagine being a Watford fan and having to go through this twice a season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Remember when that chap went to the BBC for a job interview and was somehow, mistakenly interviewed live on air about current affairs instead?

Maybe someone will arrive at AG to install a new fridge and instead be taken out to the HPC by limo, meet the players and take training?

This is the risk with under the radar names.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Very good observations, Dave. I couldn’t go to the game yesterday because I wasn’t in the country but I was shouting and swearing at my laptop for the reasons you articulate. 

Last 15: there were at least a couple of occasions when we just needed to move the quickly ball to an unmarked player to open them up. And totally agree about the tactical nous of our forward subs. My god…

One thing it’s easy to overlook, I suppose, is the deeply human side - the potential for panic, the thought that, ‘we really should be beating this lot. They’re bottom. They have ten. But they won’t lie down. And they’ve got some big lads for set pieces. And. And. And.’ The negative voice on your shoulder. 

A good confident side would have seen them off comfortably, though. Sam Bell would have seen them off if he’d taken one quick touch before shooting. Control left, bang right either side of keeper. Even so, one touch should have been enough. 

Yep, 100%, hence why I think there was more a lack of confidence / fear at times, than being “under-coached” as per @Zuni’s post.

And….I think the fans got nervous, especially after we hit the post twice.  There was a feeling of “we are gonna throw this away” from the fans.

I was desperate not to give away set-pieces.

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I agree with this. Both Tommy and Bell are struggling to match the hype from BT about being having sorted our strkers for years to come.

I thought Tommy was fine, a 6/10.

Have to say, if there was going to be a news conference/announcement around lunchtime today, then the media would have been informed by now surely?

Maybe James Piercey needs to get the club to clarify if anything is due to happen today and then we can all go back to our day jobs in peace.

Edited by NcnsBcfc

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How long before NP’s appointment did we know? Genuine question: I can’t remember, but have a vague recollection of it coming as a bit of a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Well it would be weird for the club to announce thay there won't be an announcement every time a false rumour starts up

At the moment I'd take that it’s better than **** all!

Just goes to show no plan!!

Just fire a bloody good manager and then make the rest up as we go along.

Shocking, and completely amateur.